- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
been long enough? haha guys im soooo sorry this update took so long...to make a long story short ive been in the process of moving and I'm finally settled and have my internet up and running. hope you all stuck it out with me in my mini hiatus and i promise to never take this long to update ever again :) hope you enjoy! please let me know what you think
“The fun has arrived!” Angel laughed as she walked through the back door.

“Angel!” Ashley said excitedly as she got out of the pool to greet her. “Took you long enough to get here.”

“Sorry! I got stuck on set with Aaron, I had no choice and no ride.” She sighed putting her bags down. “I hope I didn’t miss dinner, I’m starving.”

“Nope, Alex is cooking everything now so you’re just in time.

“Hey babe.” Danny came up pulling Angel into a hug kissing her cheek.

“Hey.” She smiled and kissed him back.

“So guess who you missed earlier.”

“Who?”

“Nick. He stopped by to say hi to Alex.”

“Are you serious? I haven’t seen him in months.” She sighed with a pout.

“No worries, he said he would swing by again tonight or tomorrow to see you.”

“Awesome, so I’ve been locked away in a video shoot, let’s party it up. The cold weathers on its way and I want to make the most of the sun.” Angel laughed.

“Back to the pool then.” Ashley laughed and jumped back in followed by the others.


Everyone had just finished eating dinner and AJ was back inside cleaning up when Ryan walked in clearing his throat to get his attention.

“Hey man, need something?” AJ asked turning around to face him.

“I was just wondering if I could talk to you for a minute.” Ryan said in a semi nervous tone.

“No problem man, take a seat.” AJ said pointing towards the counter stool. Ryan took a seat and AJ joined sitting next to him. “What’s up?”

“I know this is probably lame of me for doing this, but I know about the rules that you and Ashley set up and I wanted to run something by you quick.”

“And that something would be?” AJ chuckled knowing what he wanted to ask.

“Well me and Ashley have been hanging out for a while and I was wondering if it would be ok if I could take her out sometime, like just the two of us.”

“”My sisters a great girl, and she needs someone who realizes that and will treat her right. She’s been hurt a lot and I don’t want to see that happen again.” AJ said sincerely.

“I know, and I really like her. I have no intention of being an ass like those other guys.” He smiled slightly hoping this wasn’t a bad idea and that AJ would agree.

“Well I hope you really mean that. Look, I give you a lot of credit for coming and talking to me, and you seem like a good kid. I guess it wouldn’t kill me to loosen the chain a little.” He laughed. “But just know that you better not hurt her.”

“I won’t, thanks man.” Ryan hoped off the stool to head back outside, sighing with relief.

AJ chuckled and shook he head as he got back to putting everything away.


Ryan smiled to himself as he walked back out to the pool. Ashley was with Jeremy and some friends playing in the pool. He started to walk over towards her but decided to hold off and joined Angel and Danny instead.

“Hey man, how’d it go?” Danny asked as he took a seat.

“How’d what go?” Angel said curiously.

“Ryan asked AJ if he could take Ashley out on a date.” He filled her in.

“Aww that’s so cute. What did he say?”

“He said I could as long as I don’t hurt her.” He signed as he fiddled with his thumbs.

“So what are you waiting for?” Ryan laughed at his friends’ nervousness.

“What if she says no? I mean she’s said a few times that she’s not ready to start dating again, that’s why I haven’t asked her out yet n the first place.”

“She likes you, its obvious. There’s no harm in asking. Believe me she won’t say no.” Angel reassured him.

“Maybe in a little while, she’s busy right now.”

“Stop being nervous and just go ask her out man.” Danny laughed and pushed him to his feet.

“Fine, fine. I’ll go ask.” He took a deep breath and walked towards the pool.

“Hey Ash, can I talk to you for a minute?” He said standing by the edge.

“Yea, sure hold on.” She said swimming over towards the ladder to get out of the water. She quickly wrapped herself in a towel and walked over to take a seat where Ryan was waiting. “What’s up?”

“Well I know we’re been hanging out a lot lately, and well I really like hanging out with you, so I was wondering if maybe you would like to go out with me sometime? Like just the two of us?”

“Like a date?” Ashley smiled a little.

“I would hope so.” Ryan laughed slightly.

“Well I would have to talk me my brother first.”

“Already taken care of.” He smiled.

“Really?” Ashley asked with a raised brow as Ryan nodded. “How did that go?”

“He just said as long as I don’t hurt you we’re good to go.” Ryan smiled. “So, what do you say?”

“Well you better listen to what he says, and as long as he’s already agreed then I say yes.” She smiled back.

“Really?” Ryan said excitedly.

“Yes, really.” She smiled and hugged him.

“Awesome. How’s about next weekend, dinner and a movie?”

“Sounds good to me.”


“Hey Ash, it’s getting late. Time to wrap things up.” AJ said poking his head out the screen door a few hours latter.

“Aww, it’s midnight already?”

“12:30 actually, I figured you guys were having a good time, I didn’t wanna stop the fun.” AJ laughed.

“Alright guys well parties over.” Ashley smiled. “As they say you don’t gotta go home but you gotta get the hell up out of here.”

“What a nice farewell.” Jeremy teased as he hugged her.

“What can I say, I have a way with words.” She laughed as they all headed towards the door.

“So I guess I’ll see you next weekend?” Ryan said before walking out the door.

“Yup, but call me and we’ll make plans. I’m not sure if I’ll be here or at the condo so we have to play it by ear.”

“Sounds good, I’ll talk to you soon.” He smiled and kissed her cheek.

Ashley smiled and shut the door behind him.

“I’m shot. I think I’m gona go right to bed.” Angel laughed.

“Head up, and I’ll be up in a minute I just want to talk to Alex quick.” She said as she walked into the living room to find him.

“Everyone’s gone?” he said looking up from the couch.

“Yup.” She smiled and took a seat next to him. “Thanks.”

“For what?” he said confused.

“For today, letting me have my friends over and everything…and for saying yes to Ryan about him taking me out.”

“Ahh that, well it takes a lot of guts to come right out and ask so how could I just kick him down? Besides he seems like a good kid.”

“I hope so. I think I really like him, I just hope he doesn’t turn out to be like all the other jerks.” She sighed.

“You’ll never know unless you give him a shot. Just do me a favor and try to take things slow this time. There’s no need to rush into things so fast, you’re still young, just be a kid for a while.”

“Believe me, slow is my new middle name. I have no intention of rushing into anything anytime soon. I’ve seen where it can lead me.”

“Hey we all make mistakes, as long as you learned from them that’s what matters.”

“I have. Let’s just hope there’s no more mistakes any time soon.”

“You’re bound to make more mistakes, it’s inevitable but you can’t stress about it. Just keep being a good kid and you’ll turn out fine.” He smiled and pulled her into a hug.

“Thanks.” She said with a yawn. “The sun wore me out, I think I’m gonna go to bed.”

“Good night.” He said as she got up from the couch.

“Night.”