- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
yay for first dates :)
Ashley took a sip of her soda as she and Ryan sat across from each other in a booth at The Cheesecake Factory a little while later. She looked up from the table to find him staring at her with a smile.

“What?” she asked him with a chuckle.

“Nothing.” He smiled and continued to look at her.

“Why are you staring at me? Do I have something on my face?” she said immediately feeling her cheeks blush as she reached in her purse for a mirror.

“No, no.” he laughed. “I dunno I was just admiring you I guess.”

She raised a brow looking at him with a smirk.

“You just look really beautiful.” He smiles at her sincerely.

Ashley could feel the blush returning to her cheeks as a small smile crept up on her face.

“You’re too sweet.” She looked down trying to maintain her blush.

“What, has no one ever complimented you before?” he chuckled at her cute reaction.

“They usually have ulterior motives behind them.” She looked up at him with a small frown quickly shaking it off.

“Well I really mean it. My compliments come from the heart, no strings attached.” He smiled reaching across the table to hold her hand. “All I’m looking for is the chance to get to know you better.”

“That I think we can arrange.” Ashley smiled at him.

He held onto her hand looking at her again for a moment, before the waitress came over with their food. They took their attention away from each other as they thanked the waitress and began to eat their dinner.

After they finished dinner the two decided to walk along the promenade before heading to their movie. Ryan quickly glanced over towards Ashley as they walked in a semi awkward silence. Ashley stopped for a moment as the music for the fountain show signaled its beginning.

“Do we have enough time to watch the show?” she turned to look at him.

He glanced at his watch and nodded as he rested his hand on the small of her back to guide her over to a spot on promenade that overlooked the fountain. Deciding it was the perfect time to get a little closer he stood behind her wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer to him. Ashley turned her head and smiled up at him leaning her head back on his chest. After the fountain show was over Ryan linked Ashley’s hand in his as they headed towards the theater.

“That was really cool how they synched it up with the music and lights like that. I’ve never seen it at night before, it looks so beautiful.” Ashley smiled at him.

“Yeah, it’s a really nice show.” He smiled back as they walked up to the ticket line. “What are you up for? Scary or comedy?”

“I like both, you can choose.” She smiled as they approached the counter.

“Two for ‘The Ring’.” Ryan asked.

“How did I know you would pick scary?” she laughed.

“What?” he laughed. “I gave you the option.”

“I’m just kidding I’ve been wanting to see it.”

“Do you want popcorn or candy or anything?” he asked as they walked into the main lobby.

“I’m still full from dinner.” She smiled declining.

“Ok then let’s just go get seats.” He took her hand one more as they made their way into their theater.



“So what did you think of the movie?” Ryan asked as they exited the theater.

“I think I won’t be sleeping much for the rest of my life.” She chuckled wishing she was joking.

“It wasn’t that bad.” He laughed.

“Are you kidding me? I screamed so many times I almost lost my voice!”

“I know, I think my ears are still ringing from when she came out of the TV.”

“Sorry!” she said sympathetically. “I didn’t mean to scream in your ear.”

“It’s ok, I’ll survive.” He smiled and checked his watch. “It’s only ten, we still have a while before we have to head back, why don’t we grab some ice cream and we can sit by the fountains for a little before heading back.”

“Yum, sounds good to me.” She smiled.

The two got their ice cream and made their way over towards a bench facing the fountains.

“So did you have fun?” he asked.

“So much, aside from the being scared out of my mind.” She teased.

“I’m really glad that you came out with me tonight.” He smiled at her.

“I am too. To tell you the truth I was a bit nervous, I really don’t have the best track record when it comes to dating.”

“Well like I said before, all I want is for the chance to get to know you better, no motives nothing in it for me in the end but an amazing girl.”

Ashley blushed and smiled at him. She really was beginning to like him even more so then before.

“Ash, I really like you.” He took her hand in his and smiled at her. “I was hoping that maybe me and you could maybe date a little more exclusively.”

“As in only date each other, meaning me be your girlfriend?”

“Well yea, that’s another way to put it.” He laughed a little but stopped when he saw the look on her face change. “

“Ryan I like you…a lot. I just don’t know if I’m ready to really get into a relationship right now though.”

“Oh.” He sighed crushed.

“It’s not you or anything, I just wanted to take things slow and work up to that.” She said trying to explain her reasoning.

“It’s alright, I get it.” He looked away and stood. “I guess we should get going.” He sighed turning away from her.

“I’m sorry.” She said softly grabbing his arm before he could move further from the bench.

“It’s fine really, I understand. Let’s just get going.” He sighed.

She sighed and followed behind him back to his car.


The car ride home was awkward and silent. Ashley hadn’t meant to hurt his feelings. She really did like him, and she wanted to open herself up and let him in but she was too scared, she just wished she could make him see where she was coming from. A short while later they pulled up in the driveway of the house. Ryan shut off the car and sighed as they sat there both waiting for the other to speak.

“I guess I should get inside before I miss curfew.” Ashley finally spoke up.

“I’ll walk you to the door.” Ryan said opening his door and coming around to let Ashley out.

“Thanks.” She said as he helped her from the car.

Ashley walked up the walkway to the front door, Ryan following. She was about to put her key in the door when he stopped her.

“I’m sorry.” He sighed.

“For what? You didn’t do anything.”

“Yes I did, I kept saying how I want to get to know you better and that I’m not like those other guys and there I go making myself look like an idiot just because you turned me down.”

“Number one you’re nothing like those other guys, believe me. And number two I didn’t turn you down, I just said I want to take things slow. I never said never I just said give it some time.”

“I know, I just overreacted.” He sighed. “I’m really sorry, I understand where your coming from, and I really like you. Taking it slow is perfectly fine with me.”

“Glad to hear that, cuz I really like you to.”

“Would I be out of line if I kissed you right now?” he said hopefully.

“I don’t think there would be any objections.” She smiled at him.

He smiled and leaned in to kiss her. Just as their lips were about to meet the front door opened. The two jumped back from each other looking down at the ground as AJ stood in the doorway with a grin.

“I thought I heard voices out here.” He smirked. “You guys have fun?”

“Alex I’ll be in a minute. I was just saying goodnight to Ryan.” She shot him daggers with her eyes as he laughed and shut the door, leaving them alone once more.

“Sorry about that.” She smiled a little at him.

“It’s ok. Is the moment gone?” he asked.

“Nope.” she shook her head as he leaned in once more to kiss her.

“Goodnight.” He said as he pulled away from the kiss.

“Night.” She smiled and walked into the house, turning to wave slightly as she shut the door.
Chapter End Notes:
hope you like it, please review if you get the chance