- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Updated 9/2/09

wow two from me in a week? Must be a miracle huh? lol I didn't want to keep you waiting too long.Since I'm adding this one so soon I put the date at the top so just incase someone missed the chapter before that they don't get confused.
“What the hell do you want?” Ashley said through angry tears as she picked up her phone a few minutes later.

“Umm Happy New Year to you too.” Ryan said unsure of what was wrong with her. “Are you ok? You sound like you’re crying.”

“If I sound like I’m crying would that make me ok?” she said not wanting to hear the sound of his voice at the moment. “Again what the hell do you want?”

“I was calling to wish you a Happy New Year…and to talk to you.” He said hesitantly. “What’s going on?”

“I think you know damn well what’s going on! I know about that stupid little skank you were with tonight. How could you do this to me?” she yelled as the tears welled up again.

“Wait…how did you…I was calling to talk to you about that but…” he stumbled over his words. He had no idea how she already knew about the kiss. It happened no more then five minutes before.

“Save your crap, I don’t want to hear your lies.” She said ready to hang up.

“Ash can you hear me out and give me a chance to explain?” he pleaded with her.

“Explain what? That the one time I don’t go somewhere with you, you cheat on me with some stupid bitch? Spare me the details, I can’t deal with this shit anymore.”

“It’s all a big mistake.”

“No, the mistake was me ever trusting you. Do me a favor and forget we ever happened.” She said through tears.

“Babe, you can’t mean that, please just hear me out.” His plea was too late she had already hung up on him. “Fuck!” he yelled as he almost threw his phone to the ground in anger. He stopped himself and took a deep breath trying to gain his composure, as people passing by looked at him in question.

“Yo man, what happened?” Danny asked coming over with Angel.

“She won’t listen to me. Somehow she found out before I could even tell her. Shit! You didn’t tell her did you?” he said turning his attention to Angel.

“We came right out here after you.” She shook her head. “You said you were calling her so why would I?”

“How the hell did she know then?” he ran a frustrated hand through his hair as Gina and her friends exited the party laughing and smiling at each other.

“What the hell did you do?” Ryan yelled as he approached them.

“I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.” Gina smirked at him.

“No, you know exactly what he’s talking about.” Angel jumped in getting in her face. “What did you and your stupid ass little friends over here do?”

“Babe, chill out. You can’t take on six girls.” Danny pulled Angel back. “And as much joy as it would give me to punch her I can’t hit a girl.”

“She’s not a girl, she’s a stupid slut.” Angel yelled the last part making sure they heard her.

“She’s not good enough for you.” Gina ignored Angel’s ever-growing temper and turned her attention back to Ryan.

“You don’t know anything about her.” Ryan said trying to control his own tempter.

“I’ve seen enough to know that you can do better.” Gina crossed her arms.

“With who, you?” he scoffed. “Listen, Ashley is the most amazing girl in the world. All of you combined couldn’t even measure up to her if you tried. I don’t know what the hell you were trying to accomplish here tonight but it won’t work. You’re stupid little attempts to sabotage my relationship just show how truly pathetic and desperate you are.”

“I’m the hottest girl at our school, you only wish you could be with someone as good as me.” She defended herself.

“Let’s go guys. I need to go see Ashley.” Ryan ignored her and turned his attention back to his friends before walking ahead of them back towards his car.

“Bitch.” Angel said making sure to walk in Gina’s way as they passed by nudging her hard with her shoulder.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Ash?” AJ called out as he climbed up the stairs. He and Denise had been looking for her since the ball drop and couldn’t seem to find her. “Are you in here?” he asked poking his head into her room. He saw her lying on her bed, head buried in her pillow.

“You can’t be sleeping already party pooper.” He teased walking in a little more. It wasn’t until he reached her that he saw her body shaking slightly. “Ash, are you ok?”

“Go away.” She said turning her face away from him so he couldn’t see her smeared makeup.

“What’s wrong?” he said kneeling down by her bed worried she was sick or hurt.

“Nothing just go away please.” She sniffled a little.

“Not until you tell me what’s wrong.” He rubbed her back. “Why are you crying?”

“It’s nothing ok?” she tried to quiet her tears in hopes he would go away.

“It can’t be nothing if it’s making you this upset. Come on what’s wrong?”

“He’s cheating on me.” She mumbled still not turning to face him.

“What?” he asked, unsure if he had heard her correctly.

“He’s cheating on me!” she said more forcefully finally sitting up. She grabbed her phone and shoved it at him showing him the picture she had received.

“Ash, maybe there’s some explanation.” AJ said seeing the awkwardness in the picture.

“Like what? She just slipped and his lips caught her?” she said angrily. “I can’t believe he would do this to me!”

“Have you talked to him?” AJ asked trying to keep her calm.

“There’s nothing he can say, I have all the evidence I need right here. I was so stupid to think he’d be different.” She sighed, a new wave of tears crashing over her.

AJ got up from his spot on the floor and sat next to her pulling her into a hug.

“Why can’t anything ever stay good? Every time I’m finally happy something has to get fucked up.” She cried into his shoulder. “Just once I wish I could actually stay happy.”

“Ash, everything happens for a reason. I can’t say what those reasons are because I don’t know but in the end there’s always a reason.”

“The reason is I’m cursed. I’m doomed to live a miserable and single existence. I gave it a shot; I let down my guard and got walked on all over again. I can’t deal with this anymore. I’m never dating ever again.”

“Kiddo, you’re only fifteen. You can’t swear off men just yet.” He laughed a little. “Look, the right guy is out there somewhere it’s just gonna take some time to find him.”

“I’d rather just be alone forever then have to put up with this kind of crap anymore. You can’t get hurt if you never let anybody close enough to hurt you.” She sighed wiping her eyes.

“Listen, nothing is ever gonna work out the way you planned, but you can’t go around carrying a huge wall. Number one, you’ll get tired as hell and number two you’ll miss out on life.”

“Stop being so damn philosophical and let me just live my lonely existence.” She wiped her eyes as her phone rang again. She glanced at the caller ID and hit the button to send it to voicemail.

“At least talk to him and let him explain himself before you jump to your own conclusions. AJ said taking the phone from her as it rang again.

“I don’t want to talk to him and hear his stupid excuses.” She said frustrated as she grabbed a tissue to wipe her eyes. “There’s nothing either of you can say to make me change my mind.”

“Can I talk to him then?” AJ said as the phone rang again.

“Do what you want, but I want nothing to do with him.” Ashley said walking off for the bathroom.

“Hey.” AJ said picking up the phone. “What the hell is going on?”

“I’m on my way over there, I need to talk to Ashley. There’s been a big misunderstanding.” Ryan said.

“She’s pretty torn up, I’m not sure she’s really in the talking mood.” AJ sighed. “Me on the other hand, I’m ready to hear the whole story. And believe me I’ll know if you’re telling the truth.”

“I wouldn’t lie to either of you.” Ryan assured him. “I’ll be there in twenty minutes. Please try and convince her to talk to me.”

“I’ll do my best but I want to hear you out first.” AJ said knowing that Ryan had to have a good explanation if he was trying this hard, but if he was lying he wouldn’t put Ashley through the pain. “Besides I’m a lot easier to convince then Ashley, she pretty much has her mind set.”

“I know, but I’m not backing down until she hears me out. I’ll see you soon.”

“Alright man, see you in a few.” He sighed hanging up the phone. He hoped he was doing the right thing, letting Ryan come over, but he knew Ashley didn’t really hate him as much as she tried to put on. Even if things didn’t work out he wanted to make sure that in the end everyone had their side heard.