- Text Size +
Ashley slammed the front door and stomped up the stairs. She entered her room and threw her bag down on the floor. Angel looked at her with a raised eyebrow as Ashley sighed throwing herself down on her bed.

“Why do I care so much? I mean I shouldn’t care right? He doesn’t even care so why should I?”

“He’s you’re brother Ash, no matter how bad he messed up you’re always gonna care.” She reminded her.

“Why doesn’t he care about me then?” she fought back tears.

“He does. He’s just lost right now. Give him some time and he’ll come back around.” Angel handed her a tissue.

“I just don’t know what to do. If I tell someone he’ll never ever forgive me, but how do I just forget about it and pretend it never happened? What if something happened to him? I could never forgive myself.” She said wiping her eyes with the tissue.

“Ashley, think about what this is doing to you. You have to make sure you’re ok first before him. You were a mess yesterday all because of this. Think of you because he’s only thinking about himself.”

“You’re right.” She sighed sitting up and glancing at the clock. “We need to get ready and paint on those happy smiles. This weekend was supposed to be about us working out our differences.”

She hoped up from the bed and went into her closet grabbing some clothes before making her way into the shower.

She quickly got ready and made her way back into her room to throw up her hair. She was almost done when there was a knock on her door. She opened it to find Denise smiling on the other side.

“Good you’re ready.” Denise smiled.

“Hey mom.” She hugged her. “Yea, I’m ready to go. Is Angel downstairs already.”

“Nope, I’m right here.” She said popping up behind Denise. “I’m ready to go.”

“Alright then lets be on our way.” Denise said heading towards the stairs.

Tony and AJ met them by the door and they headed out. As they walked towards the car AJ grabbed Ashley’s arm holding her back.

“You’re not going to say anything are you?” he asked. She could see the fear in his eyes.

“Look, I don’t care what you do anymore. I’ll play nice with you at dinner but after that don’t talk to me.” She replied firmly making her way into the car.

He sighed and got in his truck and they were off.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


It had been a few weeks since the big fight between AJ and Ashley. She faked her way threw dinner that last night but after that had kept her vow to stay out of his life. She couldn’t bring herself to watch him ruin his life. She wanted so badly to tell someone but she knew he would hate her forever. As much as she kept telling herself that she hated him she knew deep down she didn’t. Eventually she wanted things back to the way they were but that would be up to him.

Ashley laid on her bed staring up at the ceiling bored after finishing her weekend homework. She was supposed to go out with Matt and Marissa this weekend but they went to visit their dad last minute. Her phone rang and she reached over picking it up.

“Hello?” she asked.

“Hey girl. I was hoping you were home.” Angel said from the other end.

“Yea. I’m home all weekend. Its so boring over here.” She sighed turning over to grab a magazine off the floor.

“Well do you remember Steven? He was at my birthday party this year.” She asked.

“Was he the one who came with that annoying girl who kept following me?” she laughed

“Yea that’s him.” Angel couldn’t help but laugh as well.

“What about him?”

“Well I just found out he goes to this really cool Performing Arts high school out here in Huntington Beach. We were at his house last night and he showed me a video of one of their shows and I thought of you.” She informed her.

“Really? I didn’t even know they had schools for that.”

“Yea. It’s called the Academy of the Performing Arts. He said they have a website and everything.”

“Awesome. A performing arts high school would be so cool.”

“Yea, you should so look into it. You’d be so good for it and then we’d live close and I could see you all the time!”

“Oh I see you have a motive. You just want me to move.” Ashley laughed.

“You can’t tell me it wouldn’t be awesome living out here. You know you love it so much more then Florida.”

“Yea, but that doesn’t mean that my mom would go for something like that. Her whole life is here.” She sighed. “So as cool as it would be I doubt it would happen.”

“All I know is they’re having another set of auditions in three weeks and you should at least try it. She can’t say no to trying. If it’s something you really want she’d support you. Just ask.” Angel encouraged her.

“You’re right. I’ll look it up and then talk to her. It would be pretty cool.”


Ashley waisted no time jumping on the computer after hanging up with Angel. She knew in order to convince Denise to even let her audition she would have to show her she was serious and meant business. After finding the schools website she printed out whatever information she could get. It was close to dinner time when she finished and she knew it was perfect timing to bring it up. She made her way downstairs and found Denise stirring sauce for the pasta she had made.

"Smells great." she smiled walking into the kitchen. "Need any help?"

"I have just about everything ready. Would you mind getting out the plates and silverware to set the table?" Denise asked.

"No problem." she made her way over to the cabinet. "Is it just us tonight?"

"Yes."

Ashley retrieved what she needed and set the table. She got drinks and helped Denise bring the food over to the table. Once they had began eating Ashley decided to take a shot at bringing up the school.

"So I was talking to Angel earlier and we were talking about how were starting high school this year. " Ashley began.

"That's right. Angel had mentioned going back to regular school, is she excited?"

"Yeah. She can't wait." Ashley took a few more bites of food before continuing. "She was telling me that her friend goes to this high school that focuses on performing arts. I thought that was really cool. You get to audition and everything."

"That sounds interesting. I'm sure the high school here has a good drama program."

"Yeah." she sighed, Denise not yet taking the bait. "I'm just really into musical theater and this school has a really good program."

"And where exactly is this school?" Denise raised an eyebrow at her.

"Huntington Beach..." she said hoping Denise wouldn't flip out.

"As in California?" Ashley just nodded in response. Denise took a moment before continuing. "Ashley sweetie, I know this sounds really cool because it's in California and you'll be closer to Angel and you're friends, but something like this takes a lot of consideration. We have a lot here already, family, the house, your friends...would you really be ready to leave that all behind?"

"I think we could do it. It wouldn't be easy but we could. I think it would be a really good experience, and its one of the best performing arts schools in the country."

"This is really something I'd have to think about honey."

"Can I at least audition? I mean I might not even get in."

"I guess there would be no harm in that." Denise smiled. "Get me the information I need and I'll make the arrangements."

"Two steps ahead of you." Ashley laughed handing her the papers.

"Now remember. I'm not making any promises. Let's see if you make it in or not and then we'll go from there." Denise reminded her.

"Ok, deal." she smiled as she finished her dinner. She knew that if she pushed it enough Denise would eventually agree, there was no way she'd hold her back from her dream.