- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This story was written by my best friend & she allowed me to post it with her permission. Her pen name is cordylin1978
Author's Chapter Notes:
This story is the complete work of the author & has nothing to do with the BSB as people, only their names & song titles are used in this story. No harm is ment to be done by writing this story. I hope that you enjoy!! Please review & let us know what you think!! Thanks!!
My friends and I are big Backstreet Boys fans so when we listen to them we make-up dances to their songs. When we heard that they were coming to town the five of us got tickets to see our favorite group. At the concert the boys were so hot, and when they sang “Larger Then Life” we were able to get up to the front and did our dance. After the song was over AJ walked up to my best friend Julia, and whispered in her ear “The rest of the boys and I would like to meet you after the show.”
“Okay,” said Julia.
After five more songs the concert was over and it was time to meet the Backstreet Boys.
When AJ, Kevin, Howie, Brian, and Nick came out again they walked over to where we were. By this time I was the only one that could talk because the others were in shock. Julia was shocked that AJ had spoken to her. Kelly, Amanda and Ruthie were shocked that we were getting to meet the Backstreet Boys. So, I spoke up and said “Hi, I’m Lindsay and these are my best friends.”
“Nice to meet you,” the boys said.
“You too,” squeaked Julia when she finally found her voice.
Brian was the next to speak, he said” There is someone we want you to meet”
“Sure, Brian!” exclaimed Kelly.
“Lindsay, Julia, Kelly, Amanda, Ruthie, this is Donna.”
“Nice to meet you ladies, the boys and I saw your dance, and we were wondering if you all want a chance of a lifetime to come and be our new back-up dancers?”
“Well, we will have to talk everything over, can we call you tomorrow?” I said. “Sure, here’s my number!” Nick replied, handing me a piece of paper with some numbers on it.
“Thanks.” I said and turned to the girls, “Hey guys, we need to go so we can talk.”
“Sure, bye guys.” Julia said.
” Bye!” the boys replied.
Kelly was laughing. “What?” I asked, I had no clue what she was laughing about.
“Smooth, Lindsay that’s one way to get Nick’s phone number, “replied Ruthie. “Please, I was not trying to get his number.” I said.
“Right, Lindsay,” replied Julia.
“It’s true! I don’t even like him. So, are we going to be the BSB’s back-up dancers?” I asked changing the subject.
“Are you kidding!” exclaimed Kelly.
“Okay! Ok, I will call them tomorrow!”

“So Nick what do you think of our new back-up dancers?” asked Howie.
“What did you hear Sweet D.?” asked Nick with a shy smile.
“Just that they are our number one fans.”
“Yeah right.”

Later that night I called my mom at home and told her that I had a chance to go on the road with the Backstreet Boys. And my mom said to go for it and be happy.
The next day the boys checked in with Nick every hour on the hour until I called to say that we would be their back-up dancers. When I called to talk to Nick we ended up talking for over an hour. During that time that we were talking I could hear Kevin come in the background to check and see if he had talked to me yet. Nick said that he was talking to his mother. After he left, I asked if they have been like that all day and Nick told me yes. I told him that I will call back in five minutes, and he could put me on the speaker phone. We hung up and Nick called the rest of the group in just as I called back. When Nick answered I asked to talk with Mr. Nick Carter, when he said that he was Nick, I said that this was Lindsay and we would love to be their back-up dancers. I could hear the boys going nuts on the other end of the line.
During the next week, we spent most of our time learning new dances, and spending time the boys. Julia and AJ were growing closer. While Nick and I spent most of our time fighting, the group thought it was because we really liked each other. Who knows, right? The next day, the Backstreet Boys had the day off, but we girls did not. The boys decided to come see us practice thanks to AJ who wanted to see Julia. When they walked though the door I was dancing to ‘I need you tonight’ while the girls were taking a break. When I looked up I saw the boys staring at me.
“What?” I asked.
“Lindsay, where did you learn to dance like that?” asked a surprised Nick.
“Well, Lindsay put our group together, and we learned how to dance from her, Nick,” said Julia.
That afternoon, AJ and Julia went to AJ’s mother’s house, meanwhile the rest of us went to the beach to relax. After having a home cooked meal, AJ and Julia walked into AJ’s childhood bedroom, and watched ‘Far and Away.’ When the movie was over AJ turned it off. He walked back over to Julia and sat down close to Julia and leaned in and kissed her.
At the beach, the rest of us were having a sunset picnic. After dinner Nick asked me “Would you like to take a walk in the water?”
“Sure, why not!” I said.
“Nick, we are going back to the bus, kay,” said Kevin.
“Okay, Kev, whatever” replied Nick.
Back on the tour bus, the group was wondering where or what Nick and I were doing since we had a concert in two days. Kevin called Nick’s cell phone only to hear it ring in the next room. “Damn it! That boy left his phone again!” Kevin cursed, so he dialed Nick’s beeper. When he was done, Kevin went to the others. What the boys didn’t know is that Nick had turned his beeper off.
It was still early, so Nick took me dancing. By the time it was around midnight we left to head back to the bus. When we got back I said “Nick had a great time tonight.”
“Me too, Lindsay would you mind if I kissed you?” Nick asked.
“Not at all, Nick,” I said. Nick then took my hand and stepped in closer to kiss me.
The next day Nick and I slept in until AJ decided to play a trick on us. He decided to pour ice cold water on Nick’s bunk which woke us both up. “Alexander!” yelled Nick.
“Nick, I just thought you two would need to cool off,” replied AJ.
“I’m going to kill you!” said Nick.
“Don’t kill him. No harm has been done, we are just a bit wetter and colder.”I continued, “I’m going to a take shower be back and I want you two boys to play nice.”
“Okay, mom, “replied Nick laughing.
“Alright, my son, “I said leaving.
“Chaos, what happened last night?” asked AJ.
“Nothing, I just took Lindsay out on the town and forgot that we were part of this group, what happened at your mom’s?” asked Nick snidely.
“Nothing,” AJ said quickly.
“Hi guys, nice to see you Nick, what you are talking about?” asked Julia.
“We were talking about Nick’s date with Lindsay last night,” AJ said.
“Nothing happened last night,” Nick insisted.
“So, what was Lindsay laughing on her way to the shower” asked Kelly.
“We slept in today and AJ decided to throw ice cold water on us,” said Nick but he could not help smiling.

While all this was being said I chose to walk in. “Hi, guys what’s going on?” I asked.
“We were trying to get Nick to talk about what happened last night,” replied Howie.
“What about last night Sweet D.?” I asked,
“Just about what you two did to wind up in the same bunk,” replied AJ.
“Oh, we went dancing then we came back here and went to bed, and the next thing I knew AJ is throwing water on us.” I said putting any questions to rest.
“Linds, can I talk to you alone please?” asked Nick.
”Sure, Nicky.” I said.
We both got up to leave and I turned back to our friends, and said” Bye, see you all later.” Nick started laughing at what I said. After we left everyone turned to see AJ shaking his head.
“No one calls Lindsay by that! And if they do they die,” said Julia.
“And no one calls Nick by that either or THEY die. I think there is more to the story then what they are telling us,” said Brian.
“Well, maybe they don’t want the fans to know, just yet” replied Kelly.
“I just want them to tell us what is going on with them,” said Howie.
Nick and I decided to take a drive to the beach, when we got there, Nick took my hand and we walked along the water. Nick whispered in my ear “Thanks.”
I whispered back, “your welcome,” and we kissed for a short time before going back to the car & eventually the gang.
That night was our first concert with Backstreet Boys on tour. Before we went on stage our boys gave us a neck massages to help relax us. When all of us took to the stage Nick introduced each of us as their new back-up dancers. When Nick was set to sing ‘I need you tonight’ he whispered in my ear “Good luck, my dear.”
The girls went back stage to leave me to dance alone for Nick’s number. During the next concert Julia got AJ‘s ring, the one he wares for luck.
The next six months flew by like a whirl wind, during that time each couple started dating including Howie and Amanda, and Kevin and Ruthie. Just as quickly as the tour began it ended just as fast. AJ, Julia, Nick, and I went on a double date. After a candlelight dinner we went for a walk on the beach. Tomorrow the tour would be over and the boys would leave with our hearts.
After our last concert none of us wanted to say goodbye to each other. Soon after we said our goodbyes as a group, the couples broke away to be together one more time.
“AJ, do you want your ring back?” Julia asks starting to hand it back.
AJ puts the ring back on to her ring finger and says, “No, I gave it to you, and I want you to keep it forever.”
“Come here Linds,” Nick said as he took me into his arms.
“Nicky, I’m going to miss you so much!” I said starting to cry.
“Me too, Linds. I wish we could stay here together, forever,” Nick said; then he had a sudden inspiration, “What if we get married?”
“No way Nick! We’re too young, plus we just met six weeks ago.”
“Bye Bri,” Kelly said through her tears.
“Bye Kelly,” Brian said softly wiping her tears away.
Howie presented a white and a red rose to Ruthie saying, “You won’t forget me, right?”
“Never,” Ruthie said taking the roses and a kiss.
Kevin looks at Amanda not knowing what to say and afraid to speak or he might start crying. Amanda waits for Kevin to speak, but sees what he wants to say in his eyes. They embrace and depart with out a word spoken aloud.
The next morning the girls took boys to the airport. As the boys climbed the steps to the airplane, the girls were holding on to each other. On the plane Nick asked the guys if they could live without their girls. Their answer was not a chance in hell.
“So, what are we going to do about this, you saw them this morning?”
“The only thing we can do, we have to be honest with our fans,” replied Kevin.
“How?” asked Brian.
“Well, we can go on Rosie and when the question comes up we tell the truth, but we have to get them to watch the show.” replied Howie.
Back at my house, my friends and I were listening to”Millennium”, trying to remain close to our boyfriends.
We did not even hear the phone ring luckily my mom was home. “Lindsay, phone!”
“Guys turn it down, thanks mom!” I replied. “Hello?” I asked.
“Hi, sweetie, I miss you!” exclaimed Nick.”
“Nick, I miss you too, what is going on?” I asked.
“We are on our way to New York, to be on Rosie.” replied Nick. ” “
Oh, have fun!” I said.
“I promise it won’t be as bad as the last interview,” promised Nick.
“Fine the girls are here we will watch it, bye Nick.”
“Bye sweetie!” exclaimed Nick.
“Guys, the boys want us to watch Rosie cause their going to be on.”
Later on in the day the girls and I crowded around the television to watch Rosie. “Today on Rosie we have the always popular Backstreet Boys” said Rosie from inside the TV. The audience screams as the boys walked out. “Hi, boys how are you?” asked Rosie.
“Great, thanks”. replied Kevin. It appeared to their girlfriends that they were a bit too happy to be there. They performed the song “Spanish Eyes” which made all the girls melt including their girlfriends.
Then they were interviewed by Rosie. About half way into the show Rosie turned over the questions to the audience. A girl about eighteen years old or so stood up and the question that this time the boys were ready to answer,” Do any of you have girlfriends?”
“I do, she was a dancer on this last tour, Linds if you are watching I love you.” answered Nick.
“Keel, you treat me like a king, I hope that I get the chance to treat you like a Queen, I love you.” replied Brian.
“Mandy, you are soul mate, I love you.” exclaimed Howie.
“Ruthie, sweetheart I love you more than anything in this world.” Kevin said.
Rosie asks, “What about you AJ?”
“Me? Yeah, I’m taken, but there are no words for her. She’s my other half of my soul. I love you Jules.”
Another guest asks AJ about his ‘Lucky’ ring. “My future wife has it, if she is willing to take it,” he answers looking at the camera.
At home the girls and I were in shock that our boyfriends just told the whole world that they fell in love with great girls, and the boys hope that their fans can respect their girlfriends. Not only that that AJ practically proposed to Julia on TV. We were so shocked that we did not hear the phone ring. “Lindsay phone,” My mom said. I picked up the phone and said, “Hello, Lindsay here!”
“Linds, it’s me did you see the show?” asked Nick.
“My God, why didn’t you tell me?” I asked. “
What! It’s about time that the world knew I love you,” replied Nick.
“Love you too Nicky. The girls want to talk to the Boys,” I said.
“Ok, put Julia on first,” said Nick. The sound of phones switching hands can be heard.
“Hi sweetheart, how are you?” asked AJ.
“Much better now thanks to my boyfriend. Can’t wait until the next concert” said Julia.
“Okay. Love you, Jules. Look Bri wants to talk to Kel,” replied AJ.
“Love you more, ok,” Julia said. The sound of phones switching hands can be heard again.
“Hi Kel,” Brian said.
“Bri, that was the best thing that you guys have ever done for us,” Kelly said.
“Glad you like it,” replied Brian, “Love you Kel!”
“Love you lots,” said Kelly. Kelly hands the phone to Ruthie & she can hear the phone being handed over to Howie.
“Just so you know you are my soul mate, too,” Ruthie tells Howie. Ruthie hands the phone off to Amanda who finally gets to talk to Kevin.
“The world is too big, Kev,” Amanda says to Kevin.
Kevin replies, “I know my love, I hate to say it but we have to go now we miss you all terribly!!”
“Goodnight!” yelled all of the boys.
“Goodnight guys!” yelled all of the girls.
Nick put down the phone and looked at AJ and Brian. “I know I will call the plane!” said Kevin, not wanting to admit that he also missed his girl. “
Big Brother to the rescue!” said Brian.
“Again!” says the other guys. After two hours their plane landed, and they made their way to my house to surprise us.
“I miss Nicky so much,” I said.
“Hey! Don’t forget the rest of the guys,” said Kelly.
“Like AJ and How” Julia said.
“And Kevin and Howie,” Ruthie and Amanda said at the same time.
“Yeah, they were so special and sweet,” sobbed Julia.
“I wish that they were here,” Amanda said. “
We all do, Mandy,” said Kelly.
“Your wish will be done,” sang Nick. We turned around to see our boyfriends.
“What are you doing here?” Julia asked from AJ’s arms.
“Well, we heard that there were some girls that missed their boyfriends,” AJ replied with a kiss.
“Oh really, then they must be special,” I said.
“They’re the best,” Ruthie said from Howie’s embrace.
“Come on,” exclaimed Nick.
“Where?” I asked.
“We need you with us, always,” AJ said to us.
“But?” I started to ask.
“No buts, Lindsay pack your bags,” said Nick. “
You don’t need to tell me twice,” Julia said as she ran to the closet and began to throw items into the suitcase.
A month later, the Boys were part of a charity concert. During the breather, us girls, were sitting beside our boys, AJ pulled Julia to her feet and said, “A month ago, I asked you something on Rosie, will you give me and answer?”
Julia took the mike and spoke to the audience, “Is this how a gentleman asks a lady for her hand?” She was playing him and the crowd.
The audience loved her at once and the audience answered at the same time, “NO!”
AJ rolled his eyes and got on to his knees and crawled over to her, “My love will you take me forever and always?” All the ladies started weeping. Julia didn’t let him hang but pulled him up and said yes.
Six months later, AJ and Julia were getting married. Nick and I were living together, and so were Brian and Kelly. Two days before the wedding AJ and Julia decided to write their own vows. Kevin is going to be the best man while Nick and Howie are going to be his groomsmen. As for me and the girls, I am the Maid of Honor. Kelly, Amanda, and Ruthie were the bride’s maids.
The day of the wedding came. AJ was putting the finishing touches on his vows. In another room, Julia was stepping into her wedding dress. Her dress was white satin with a lace top with diamonds and a diamond tiered veil. Julia asked Lou Pearlman, the Boys manager, to give her away. There was a knock on the door letting us know it was time to get into our places. Lou stepped in to get Julia.
“You look beautiful Julia,” Lou said.
“Thanks, Lou,” Julia replied with a blush.
Lou stated to the room as a whole “It’s time, Jules, are you ready?” We all shook our heads yes.
“Linds, guess what, you’re next in line,” Lou said laughing.
“Don’t EVEN go there!” I said sternly.
As I was hurrying to my place in line I bumped into Nick.
“Sweetie, can we talk for a minute?” asked Nick.
“Sure, is it AJ? He can’t be backing out!” I replied.
“No, nothing like that.” Nick says as he drops down to his knees, and all of his love showing in his eyes, “Linds, you are the love of my life, and will you do me the pleasure of becoming my wife?”
“Nick, we’ve gone over this, we are too young and I am not ready for marriage.” I answered.
You just don’t love me enough do you?” Nick asked in a low sad voice.
“I do love you with all of my soul, Nick you know that.” I replied.
“That’s not good enough for me Lindsay! After the wedding I want you to come get your things, I want you out of ‘my’ house!”
“Nick ,please I love you, you have to know that.” I pleaded.
“I’m sorry I don’t believe that.” Nick answered.
“Goodbye Nick.” I said sadly.
I went to where the boys were finishing helping AJ get dressed.
“Kevin, can I move in with you and Ruthie for a while please?” I asked.
“Sure!” answered Kevin.
“What happened, why are you moving?” asked a concerned Howie.
“Nick and I are over and done with, he wants me gone from ‘his house’ tonight!” I cried.
“You still love him don’t you?” AJ asked as he gathered me in his arms trying to comfort me.
“More than ever, what am I going to do?! AJ I’m so sorry for ruining your day.” I said trying to dry my tears.
“You haven’t, don’t even think that.” AJ replied.
The wedding was beautiful. AJ’s vows were the song ‘My Valentine’ as he sang with so much feeling. He also surprised us by playing the piano. Julia’s vows were just as beautiful. When the wedding was over their friends gave them the best wishes that they would be together forever. About half way though the party all of us girls decided have a little fun. We started to dance to the boys song ‘As long as you love me.’ The boys were quite surprised, but not as much as Nick, when I started to sing his part. When we were done I went back to the table to sit down. Nick walked around behind and whispered in my ear that he was sorry about everything and asked me if I wanted to dance. All I could do was to shake my head yes. Hand in hand we walked into the dance floor as’ Angel of Mine’ started to play.
“Looks like those two are back on track.” replied AJ.
“What do you mean AJ?” asked Amanda
“You mean you guys don’t know that Nick broke up with her right before the wedding.” answered Kevin.
“But look at them they are perfect for each other.” replied Julia.
After the reception all of us blew bubbles over them for good luck. AJ decided to surprise Julia with a honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico. Meanwhile, the rest of us took some much needed time off. During their three week honeymoon Nick and I spent most of our time talking and just spending time without the fans watching our every move. When the newlyweds returned Nick called the guys into a meeting.
“Before we go into the meeting Julia and I have something to tell everyone.” said AJ.
“What?” Amanda asked.
“I’m going to be a father.” replied AJ with a grin.
“I’m happy for you both; your going to be great parents.” replied the guys.
“You know the rest of us agree, but now we have to go to your meeting since Nick is planning to meet my parents in Paris, I hope.” I said.
“Yes I’m still planning to meet them.” Nick answered.
The guys walked into the where they hold meetings on the tour bus. When they all had sat down Nick told them what he was really planning for Paris. The guys were happy and did what they could to help.
After being in Paris for a week and the last show I was going to stay with the girls, but Nick came up behind me and whispered in my ear
“Please stay with me tonight,” which I did.
He drove us back to the hotel. Little did I know he had a romantic candlelit dinner planed out for us. For desert we had sundaes, but mine had a diamond ring for a cheery. I looked up to see Nick getting down on one knee to ask me to marry him. And I heard myself answer, “Yes, Nick I will marry you.”
The next eight months flew by and the next thing I knew it was my wedding day. Nick had gone with a tux that was in the 1950’s style. As for my dress it was white satin with a v-shaped neckline and spaghetti straps with a lace bottom. Nick’s younger brother, Aaron was his best man, while the boys were his groomsmen. Julia was my matron of honor, while the other girls were my bride’s maids. Lou walked me down the aisle. Our honeymoon was in the Cayman Islands for a whole three weeks. The morning that we returned the guys were talking about what AJ had thought of when he saw me kissing JC of N’SYNC.
“She would never do that to Nick.” Kevin replied.
“Plus those two are too much in love.” said Brian.
Nick and I walked in at that moment only to hear Nick speak up and say the words that nobody in the group would say “I want out of the group.”
A week later, the Backstreet Boys held a press conference, where they told their fans and the press that they have decided to quit. When asked why they quit AJ answered with “We want to spend more time with our families.”
A week after the conference Julia went into labor, which later gave birth to a baby boy named Brandon Scott McLean.

The End