- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Haha Julie!  I made it under 3,000 words too!! ;)

The LiveDaily Convention

I stood by my front door, ticket clutched in my hand, more excited than I had ever been in my life. It was finally time to leave.

I made my way to the airport and was sitting on the plane to Vegas thinking about finally putting faces with the names I’ve talked to for so long. The LD convention. I had been looking forward to this for 9 months now. I couldn’t wait to meet these people tho there were some going I had absolutely no interest in meeting. Tho I loved LD and most people on it, it had its fair share of mean, nasty, spiteful people too. I only hoped I’d be able to hold my tongue around such people. Finally my plane landed and I made my way to my hotel. The convention was tomorrow so I changed into my pj’s and settled in to sleep.

Little did I know, just down the road from my hotel, someone I hold near and dear to my heart, had caught wind of the convention and decided to made an appearance, even tho no one would know he was there.

I got up the next morning, got in the shower and got ready to leave. The convention started in an hour and I wanted to be a little early to meet up with some of my friends.

Down the road the surprise visitor is getting ready too. Being in the biz he had certain connections. He had contacted an actor friend and visited a propmaster to have a rubber face made. He knew he was going to extremes to go to this convention, but they were on break and he was bored. This looked like he would be fun. He lurked on LD all the time, and posted a lot but no one knew who he was. He just wished he would be able to tell a few of them to go to hell while he was there. So he slipped into his mask and adjusted his short brown hair wig. He stepped back and peered at his appearance. He had chosen a plain short sleeved white button down shirt with a pale blue tie and new, crisp pair to jeans. He was satisfied that no one would know who he was. He decided to tell people he hadn’t registered for a name but lurked for years. Yep, Nick Carter was going to make an incognito appearance. If they ONLY knew..hahaha..

I got out of my cab at the convention site and it was swirling with people already. I paid the cabbie and made my way inside to register. I put on my nametag which had my real name and my screen name so we would know who each other were. On my way to the drink table I see someone I didn’t want to see. And to my dismay, they spoke to me.

“Well hello Jen” Copal said. Her screen name on LD is BriansChickenlvr

“Hi Copal” I replied. “How are you?”

I decided to be nice. I mean, are these people as mean and nasty off the board and in real life as they were on a message board? I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.

:”I’m surprised you came. Nick’s not going to be here.” Copal said.

Well, there went my theory. Her comment dripped with sarcasm.

Before I could stop myself, it was out of my mouth.

“What? Well gee wiz, does that mean Brian’s not going to be here? I thought your lips were connected to his ass.” I said.

I shouldn’t have said it. But I had a lot of pent up frustrations with some of these people. Before she could reply, young girl joined her side. I knew who she was without looking at her nametag. It was Wy...short for Wyoming. Her screen name is BriansIllusion on LD could tell it was her by the way she looked at Copal. That “you are my hero” look in her eye.

“Well well Jen, What? Where’s the rest of the Nick army?” said Wy.

“You know, I was hoping you two wouldn’t be like this in person, I really did. But I see now you two are just as bitchy off the board as on, so I won’t waste my time on you. Goodbye”. And with that turned and walked away.

I finally hooked up with some of my “friends” from the board, Yoshi, Amber, Julie, Cherelle, Liane, Carolyn, and a few others and we were having a really good time till we ran into yet another notorious poster of the board, Breena, MiamiDolphinFan. Yeahy us. She didn’t acknowledge us but we did overhear her say “Yeah, Nick is probably out parting somewhere anyway.”. I really had to fight to keep my comments to myself. It wasn’t worth it...she wasn’t worth it.

“Jen?” I hear a voice question behind me. I turn around and looked at the girl in front of me and glance at her nametag.

“DOC!!” I yell and we hug tightly.

“I’m so happy to finally meet you!” we both say at he same time.

“I can’t believe you’re here from Hawaii. Hey, can I go back in your place?” I joked.

We talked and laughed for a bit then it was time to eat. Dinner was really good and afterward we sat around talking. I noticed a guy walk by. He looked, I don’t know, strange. He was wearing nametag that said James but there was no screen name. He looked oddly familiar. Not just looks but while watching, some mannerisms. I decided to say hello and introduce myself.

“Hello” I said, “my name is Jen. I’m FrickFrackGirl on LD.”

“Hi” he said. His voice seemed familiar also. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

“I noticed you didn’t have a screen name on your tag. Do you post much?” I asked.

“No, I’m not a registered user but I have lurked for a few years. Being a male fan has that certain stigma attached to it so I didn’t bother.” he replied.

“Well, we have male fans that post. The are pretty cool to. You should register” I told him.

“We’ll see” he said.

Finally it clicked for me. I took him by the hand and drug him over to a corner. I turned to face him. “Nick?” I asked in a questioning voice.

“Damn” he muttered.

“What the hell do you think your doing? Are you trying to get yourself killed?” I asked

“I didn’t think anyone would recognize me. What gave me away?” h e asked.

“Nick, you can change your looks all you want but it was your mannerisms that gave it away for me. Fans notice things about you you probably don’t even realize you do” I explained.

“Oh, well I guess I should be thankful that a level headed fan noticed me first. I’ve seen you post. And I’d like to thank you. You’re not as nuts as some on there” he said.

“Well, I like to think so. And your welcome. I guess there’s something to be said about older fans” I said with a laugh. “But you need to get outta here before anyone else notices you” I told him.

“Yeah, if you recognized me I guess I’d better. Thank you again” he said and he hugged me and kissed my cheek. He turned and left. I stood there in a complete daze with my hand on my cheek. How the HELL was I gonna go back to my friends and them not notice I was walking on cloud 9?

Again, little did I know, we were being watched.

I went back to my friends trying to hide what had just transpired. I looked up to see Nick exit the room. I smiled to myself. But then, a few seconds later, seen Copal, Wy, and Breena leave after him. I excused myself and followed after them. I seen the doorway to the stairwell shut so I knew where they had gone. I opened the door and started down the steps. Then I heard voices.

“I can’t believe you were stupid enough to come here. I guess you really are a dumb blond after all” I heard Copal say.

“Yeah really” said Wy. I guess she really can’t shit without Copal telling her too..Pathetic.

I stood back not to let them know I was there. But as I watched I was horrified when Breena pulled a gun from her purse. I knew these people were mean and nasty but where they really THAT psycho? She pointed the gun at Nick. I guess so.

“You. You have been a thorn in my ass for some time now” Breena said. “Everyone thinks I’m some kind of looney because of you.”

“Well, aren’t you? Look at you.. What you say. What you are doing right now for instance” Nick said.

“Bree” Copal said. “Are you sure this is gonna work?”

“Yes sis, it’s gonna work if we stick to the plan. We are each other’s alibi. No one seen us come in here. And if anyone asks, we were in the bathroom” Bree explained.

Oh my GOD I screamed to myself. Sis? The were sisters!?!? All I knew now is I had to do something to help Nick. But what? I had no weapon and it was only me. What could I do?

Suddenly, I came up with a plan. It was lame but it’s all I had. I sprung into action. I lept from my hiding place and over the banister. I landed on all three girls seeing that they were all huddled together. We all landed with a thud.

I stood up, in a daze, shaking my head to try to get my bearings. I looked up to see that the gun that Breena had been holding had been knocked away. Nick had scrambled for it was we were in a tangled mess on the floor. As the others started getting up Nick pointed the gun at them.

He threw his cell phone at me. “Call 911" he ordered. I flipped the phone and went to dial the number. Just then Breena let out a loud screetch and lept at Nick. There was a struggle for the gun as the rest of us just stood there in shock. Suddenly, the gun went off.

“Niiiiiiiiiiiiick” I screamed. Both of them stood there, eyes wide. Suddenly, Breena stumbles backwards and falls down. Nick kneels beside her.

“Quck, call 911 Jen!” he yells to me.

I realized I was still holding his phone. I dialed the number and talked to the operator, explaining what happened and where we were.

Copal and Wy tried to leave but Nick stopped them.

“We should ALL stay put. You have some major explaining to do” he said.

I was shaking so bad I could barely stand it. Nick walked over to me.

“You OK?” he asked.

“Umm, yeah, I think so” I said.

He noticed me shaking like a leaf and took me into a huge hug trying to comfort me. Even after the events I’d just witnessed I felt safe now.

The police arrived quickly. An ambulance took Breena to the hospital and the police took Copal and Wy into custody. Breena would be arrested after she got out of the hospital. They said she’d be fine.

Later on I found out that Breena and Copal really were sisters. Well half sisters. They found this out after meeting on LD. They must have gotten the same genetic psycho gene from the parent they shared. The three girls all ended up in jail so LD should be drama free for a while. Thank God.

As for me, Nick and I correspond with each other thru email and phone calls now. I’m the envy of all my friends now. And I’ve made a great new friend.

The End