- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you very much for the reviews! :) This chapter is longer than the first one!
Chapter 2

Hours later the plane touched down in Tampa. Caydan was crying as the pressure was hurting her ears.

‘I knew your smiles wouldn’t last,’ sighed Lauren, talking to herself as much as Caydan.

Half an hour later Lauren was attempting to hold Caydan, carry her hand luggage and lift the pram from the luggage carousel quick enough to also lift the suitcase before it went all the way back around again.

‘Here let me help you,’ said a male voice.

Lauren looked to where the source of the voice came from. A tall blonde guy was stood to the right of her, lifting her bright pink suitcase from the carousel.

Lauren stuttered;

‘Th…th…thank you’.

‘No problem,’ he replied, smiling. ‘I saw you in Northern Ireland, didn’t I?’ he continued.

Lauren nodded. Her heart was racing again.

‘And who’s this cutie?’ he asked, leaning to look at Lauren’s daughter.

Lauren got her voice back;

‘Caydan, my daughter’.

‘She’s gorgeous,’ he replied.

Lauren smiled, ‘Thanks’.

‘So what’s her mother’s name?’

‘Lauren’.

He put out his hand, ‘I’m Nick,’ he said.

Lauren took his hand and shook it.

‘I know who you are,’ she laughed.

‘Really?’ he said, clearly surprised.

‘Of course, your posters are all over Northern Ireland for the concert you just did in Belfast’.

Nick laughed.

‘So did you go?’ he asked.

‘Sorry, I didn’t. Don’t really have much time for pleasure what with this one,’ Lauren replied, shifting Caydan’s weight on her hip.

Nick smiled, ‘Suppose that would be true. How come you’re here in Tampa? Holiday? Ready for pleasure?’ he laughed.

Lauren’s face hardened. Nick stopped laughing.

‘Sorry, I was only joking,’ he said.

Lauren relaxed.

‘I didn’t mean to be nosy,’ Nick continued.

‘No, no, it’s ok,’ said Lauren. ‘Just here to check out the relaxed Florida way of life with Caydan. Figured there has to be something better than life in Northern Ireland’.

‘I don’t know,’ said Nick. ‘Me and the guys had fun when we were there. You girls are crazy,’ he laughed.

Lauren laughed with him. ‘Well, it has been said by other groups before’.

Nick smiled.

At that point they were interrupted by another blonde guy coming over to them.

‘Nick?! How the hell did you get away from our security?! You’re lucky there are no fans here!’ he said.

‘Sorry Bri! I was helping this lady with her stuff,’ Nick replied. ‘I was being a gentleman’.

Brian snorted, ‘That’d be a first’.

Lauren giggled.

Brian turned to look at Lauren. ‘Hi, I’m Brian,’ his southern drawl evident.

‘I’m Lauren,’ she replied, shaking his hand.

He smiled, ‘Nice to meet you’.

‘You too’.

‘And this is Lauren’s daughter, Caydan,’ said Nick.

‘She’s beautiful,’ said Brian.

Lauren smiled again; she hadn’t smiled so much in so long.

‘Nick, we really have to go,’ continued Brian, ‘AJ and Howie and the guys are having cows’.

Lauren laughed.

‘Sorry for keeping him from you,’ she said.

‘It’s no problem,’ Brian stated, ‘By the way, love your accent,’ he winked.

Lauren laughed again, ‘I always hated it!’

‘Well don’t!’ exclaimed Brian. ‘It’s hot!’

‘I’ll bear that in mind,’ she giggled.

Nick laughed.

‘Ok Nick we really have to go! Come on!’ Brain dragged Nick by the arm.

‘Bye Lauren, it was nice meeting you,’ exclaimed Nick. ‘Bye Caydan!’

‘You too,’ said Lauren.

‘Are you okay with all your stuff?’ asked Brian, stopping, the thought just occurring to him.

‘I’ll be fine, I’ve got a car rented. Go on, before you two get in trouble!’ she laughed.

‘Bye!’ they both exclaimed.

‘Bye!’ Lauren said.

‘Well that was a bit eventful wasn’t it gorgeous?’ said Lauren to her daughter.

Fifteen minutes later Lauren and Caydan were in their rented car and on their way to their new house. They eventually made it there with a lot of help from a map.

Lauren unlocked the door, and carried a sleeping Caydan into the house.

‘Home sweet home,’ she sighed, as she closed the door.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review!