- Text Size +
I heard alot of commotion happening downstairs, so I went out to peek over the balcony. Mark, of course; followed. When I looked at what was happening below, I instantly knew we were missing out. "It's supper time, Mark!" I grabbed the boy's hand and skipped downstairs. I followed the other kids into the line up front. "Uhm, excuse me; but is this where you get the food?" A much older girl with blonde hair turned around. "Uh yeah. Why else would we all be standing up here?" I was a little hurt, but then I saw the girl from earlier come up. "Hey Christina, this is Crystal. She's new here." I smiled. "I'm sorry. I'm just really hungry. I missed lunch." Christina explained. Jaime got in line behind Mark and I. "So Crystal, what will it be: Turkey and mashed potatoes or lasagna and bread?" I peeked up ahead at the food that I was about to get. None of it looked that appetizing. "I guess I'll have the turkey and mashed potatoes.." I grabbed my food and then waited for Jaime to get hers. "Oh, won't Mark want something?" I shook my head. "He doesn't eat much. I can share mine."

I followed Jaime and Christina over to an empty table. "So do you know everyone here?" I asked. Jaime shook her head. "Mainly only the little kids. I help watch them every other day." I started to cut my turkey. "That's cool. What about you, Christina?" Christina looked up from her lasagna and nodded. "Pretty much. When you've been here as long as I have, you get a chance to meet everybody." She pointed over to a table near the line. "That table over there is usually where the newcomers sit. Well, if they haven't met anyone yet. You're probably lucky Jaime knocked on your door." Jaime blushed. "Oh, stop it. I was just doing the right thing." I finished cutting the turkey and moved the plate over to Mark. "Here Mark, eat up. But save a little for me, okay?" He nodded and happily stuck a piece into his mouth. "Oh Crystal! You probably wouldn't believe it if you've never been to an orphanage, but there are actually some pretty cute guys that get left behind. It's kinda sad.. But good for us!" I tried to get the thought of being left behind out of my mind and search around for any cute guys. I spotted a blonde haired guy sitting at the table next to ours and instantly knew him.

"Oh my gosh. Are you seeing who I'm seeing?!" I pointed at the table. "Who? Ohh; wait a minute. BSB fan?" Jaime asked. I laughed. "Well d'uh! But why's he here?!" Christina laughed at my question. "He works here!" I couldn't believe it. The man I've been dying to meet my entire life was sitting right at the other table! 'Maybe having mom die wasn't such a bad thing after all.' I instantly regretted thinking that, but come on; Nick Carter! I turned red. "Uh Crystal? Are you okay?" Jaime asked. I tried to calm myself down. "Yeah yeah, I just can't believe it. I mean; I know this is his hometown; but still! Do the other guys work here, too?" Christina and Jaime looked at eachother. I looked at them, waiting for a response. "We're debating on telling you that or not considering you went nuts over one of them." I stared at them in shock. "They do, don't they?!" They nodded. I was shocked. I couldn't believe it! "You should go talk to Nick!" Jaime suddenly said. I looked at them in shock again. "Are you kidding me? It's not that easy!" Jaime laughed. "It must be if your shy, little brother is."

I suddenly realized that Mark had left. I looked over at Nick and saw Mark sitting in his lap. "Oh my goodness, that's so adorable!" Christina exclaimed. "You bet it is!" Jaime added. "Oh and look! Mark is pointing at you!" I looked over at him and realized that Jaime was right. "He must be telling him you're his sister." I just stared at her. "Yeah, and that I'm completely in love with him! That little monster knows all of my secrets! Nick's gonna think I'm insane!" Jaime and Christina looked at eachother. "If he thinks your so insane, then why's he walking over here?" I shot my head up in the direction of where he had been sitting.

"Hello ladies.. I heard this little guy belongs to somebody over here." Jaime and Christina pointed at me. "Chrissy!" Mark exclaimed. "Aww, he's so cute!" Christina said. Nick put Mark down and he ran over to me. He motioned for me to bend down low. "Don't you know him, Chrissy?" I nodded my head. "Shhh though, okay?" Mark nodded. He always enjoyed whispering in ears. "So Nick, this is Crystal. Well, I guess you kinda know that already." Nick put his hand out to me. I shook it. "Hi.' He smiled. "Welcome to the Jamestown Orphanage, Crystal." Seeing that I was somewhat in a daze, Jaime whispered something in his ear. He made an "O" shape with his mouth and took the napkin that Jaime offered him. He took a pen out of his pocket and wrote something down on it. Christina slid it over to me. "There's your autograph from Nick Carter." I suddenly came out of my daze and looked at it. "Ohh, thank you so much!" Nick smiled. "No problem. Hey guys, how about you bring Crystal and Mark over to the movie room at 8?" Jaime and Christina giggled. "You got it! Want me to bring Taylor, too?" He shook his head. "Nah. We don't all need girls tonight." Jaime looked at him in shock. "I never thought I'd hear that from you, Mr. 'Girls Are Everything'." He chuckled. "Well, tonight is different." He looked over at Crystal and smiled. "I'll see ya then." Jaime and Christina said bye. "BYE NICKY!" Mark yelled after him. I laughed. "I guess we have plans tonight."
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the second chapter!