- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter isn't quite yet finished, but I decided to post it anyway.
The next morning; I woke up to Mark screaming happily and jumping up and down on my bed. "Chrissy! Chrissy! Get up! Get up!" I opened my eyes and Mark's face instantly lit up. "Chrissy! Come on!" I gave him a confused look. He got off the bed and headed for the door. "Mark, wait! Where are you going?" He stuck up his hands. "Where do you fink I'm going?" I chuckled. "Nowhere without me. Come back in here." Mark sighed and sat down by the foot of the bed.

I got up and took a quick shower. I changed into the other pair of clothes that were in my bag and brushed my hair. As soon as Mark saw that I was ready, he ran over to the door again. "Mark, where exactly are you wanting to go?" I laughed. "I wanna see Nicky, Chrissy!" I thought about how Nick works here and wondered if he'd be busy or not. He probably would be; considering the orphanage is full of kids. "Maybe he'll be down at breakfast. Let's go."

We walked down to the cafeteria and looked around. I saw Kevin and Brian helping a few kids get their breakfast and find a place to sit. I decided not to disturb them. I looked the other direction and saw Christina sitting down at the table we ate at yesterday. I walked up to her. "Hey!" She looked up from her plate. "Hey! Want some food?" I shook my head, not really hungry. "Mark, you want pancakes?" He nodded his head, staring at Christina's plate. "Well here, I'll take you." Christina took his hand as I sat down at the table and looked around for Jaime."Hey Crystal, aren't you gonna eat?" I turned around and saw Howie holding a littl girl in his arms. She looked about two years old. "Aww, who's she?" Howie smiled. "This is Annabell. Can you say hi, Bella?" The little girl shook her head, smiling; and faced the other way. "She's a little shy, I guess. Well, I need to get her back to her group; so I'll talk to you later, okay?" I said okay as he walked over to a different table.

I looked over at the line and didn't see Mark or Christina. 'I wonder where they went..' Suddenly, I saw a little boy running up to me. "Pancakes! Pancakes!' Mark exclaimed. Christina followed him, laughing. She set the plate of food on the table. I picked Mark up on my lap so he could eat. "There ya go, Mark. Eat up."

After Mark was finished eating, I spotted Jaime with a train of little ones following her. She wound them in and out of the tables, heading to the front. "Haha, look!" I exclaimed. Christina turned her head and giggled. "She's always thinking of new ways to entertain them. She's a real hard worker." I thought about that and thought of something. "Hey, what's it take to become a worker like you or Jaime?" Christina smiled. "Not much, really. You just gotta be over 15 years old." I was shocked. "That's it?" Christina shook her head. "Haha pretty much. Have you ever babysat?" I looked at Mark. Christina did, too and exclaimed, "Wow, whatta stupid question." I giggled. "I've cared for Mark more than my mom ever has, to be honest. I'm like his mother." Mark glanced up from his glass of milk and smirked. "Aww, well I'm almost 100% sure you'd be able to work here. You should think about it and I can talk to one of the guys about it." I nodded my head and said okay.

After breakfast, I took Mark back up to our room. "Chrissy, I wanna see Nicky!" he complained. I sighed. I did, too. "I'm sorry, hun, but he's working right now. Maybe in a few hours, okay?" He nodded sadly and jumped up on the bed beside me. He looked around the room and then rubbed his eyes. "Somebody's sleepy!" I giggled. "Not me!" Mark exclaimed, yawning. "Yes, you! Let's take a nap and I promise when we wake up, we can go see Nicky, okay?" Mark smiled and closed his eyes. I looked up at the ceiling, thinking about what Christina had said. It wouldn't be that bad to work here, and plus, I'd get to see the guys more often, I bet. But what about Mark? I thought about him staying with Nick, but switched over to a reoccuring thought/dream...

I dashed down the dark pathway in the pouring rain, panting from the long run. The rain pelted me in the face as I turned onto another street. I could see a few cars down the road and stopped. 'I should be safe here. There's people.' I dared to look behind me into the darkness. I tried not to let my eyes vision any creature or human being coming to me. I turned around back the other way and began to walk towards the lights. I could see a sign of a restaurant up ahead. "The Lighthouse". It looked really fancy, so I sat down on the bench outside it. I watched a few people pass by every now and then, enjoying their Saturday night. How I wished I could enjoy my Saturday night without fearing my mind. My mind was made up of dark, evil creatures trying to make their way out. Only certain things could keep me sane for the time being. Right now, it was the lights and sounds from the building behind me. I could hear adults laughing while they talked about their days at work, little kids asking for more fries, and waitors and waitresses requesting a new drink.

Then I heard it.

His voice.

My angel's voice.

"I don't know what he does to make you cry, but I'll be there to make you smile."

I listened harder and looked around, anxious to know if it was my mind or if it was reality.

"I don't have a fancy car. To get to you I'd walk a thousand miles."

I looked inside the restaurant from the window, but couldn't see him. I decided to go into the little room right inside and take a closer look. Once inside, I glanced up at the speaker in the corner and sighed. 'It's just a recording..' Saddened, I trudged back out to the bench.