- Text Size +
Kevin watched his cousin pace his living for the dozenth time clutching a little pink book. He thought he heard him mumbling something about killing someone. It had to be Deanna...what had the girl down now? "B?" No answer. He said it again only louder which caused Brian to look up. "You call me and tell me your coming over and when you get here your pacing in my living room...what's going on?" "This," Brian said holding up the little pink book he had been holding "What is it?" Brian handed it to him and Kevin opened it thumbing through the pages. "It looks like a diary, Dee's diary. Don't you know you shouldn't read a woman's diary?" Brian glared at him "I don't care right now...just read the last entry." "Alright...," Kevin flipped through the book till he reached the entry his cousin spoke of and began to read.

With every word Kevin spoke the angrier Brian got. Kevin couldn't believe what he had just read, Deanna and Nick back together? What the hell was wrong with the girl? "I just wanna hurt him so bad...," Brian said clentching his fists "I want him to know what it feels like to be taken down to the lowest level possible. I hate him so fucking much Kevin." "Your not the only one..." "What does he have that I don't? What does she see in him? After all the shit he put her through and she's still running back. I don't get it." "None of us do, I don't think we ever will. You need to talk to her." Brian sighed "I know...I just wish she'd come to me and told me instead of me having to read it in her diary. Considering it wasn't very well hidden, she hid it under the mattress. Can you believe that?" Brian took the offended object back from Kevin and looked at it. "I'm gonna head back home we have alot to talk about." Brian walked out not bothering to say another word to his cousin.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Later that evening...

Brian walked in to see Deanna playing with Chris. I turned around when I heard the door open "Hey...I was wondering when you were gonna get home..." "Did you now?" "Of course I did why...what's the matter?" Brian held up the diary "Where...give me that..." I tried snatching it but he held it out of my reach "I don't think so." "What is the matter with you?" "No...what's the matter with you? Your nothing but a lying, little sneak...I know you've been seeing Nick behind my back." "You really shouldn't read a girls diary it's private," I said sitting Chris in his playpen "Like hell it is, next tme find a better hiding place, as for this. I'm burning it." "What? you can't do that..." "I can and I will you brought this upon yourself Deanna, from now on you will not leave this house unless I say so you hear me?" "Your not the boss of me, you don't own me." "That may be true but I will not let that bastard hurt you again, you mean too much to me." "He won't hurt me...he's changed..." "Has he now...? In case you've forgotten, your precious Nick? He's nothing more than a player, I bet he's sneaking around on you right now." "That's not true! He wouldn't do that." "Keep thinking that...keep living in this little fantasy world of yours Deanna it may be the only thing you have left." Brian stormed out of the room with the diary in hand.

Who did he think he was? The nerve of the man telling me I couldn't leave the house unless he said so. Husband or not he had no right to order me around, I wasn't his property. I can't believe he found my diary, I knew I should have hidden it in a more secure place. I was supposed to be meeting Nick tonight guess that won't be happening. He had recently moved up here to be closer to me, how sweet. And nobody knew but me. Now the question was, how was I going to get out of this house to see him? I sighed when I saw Brian come into the living room. "You coming to bed?" "In a minute..." "I meant what I said Deanna, you won't sneak by me again." With that said he went upstairs. That's what he thought, as soon as I heard the bedroom door close I grabbed my phone out of my purse and called Nick's cell. Nick smiled when he saw who it was, he was waiting for her call. "Hey Dee...I was just thinking about you..." "Your always thinking of me." "Yeah well...so am I gonna see you tonight?" "That might be a bit of a problem." "I'm afraid you lost me...why is that a problem?" "It's Brian...he knows." "He knows...but how? nobody has said anything." "He found my diary and read it." "What the hell...he had no right." "That's what I said and now he has me on lockdown." "Your kidding?" "No I'm serious he's not letting me out of his sight." I heard him sigh "Alright so...what do you wanna do?" "I want to see you of course, I just need a way out of here. He just went to bed so it shouldn't be long before he's asleep." "This is bullshit...he can't keep you in the house, he doesn't own you." "Your right he doesn't and I should be able to come and go as I damn well please. Come get me?" "Of course....just keep a lookout." "Ok see you soon. Love you." Nick smiled "Love you too." I hung up and looked up the stairs to make sure he wasen't coming down to check on me. I put my phone back in my purse and waited.

I stood by the window waiting to see Nick's car coming down the street. After a few minutes I didn't see anything and sighed...he wasen't coming to get me. As I walked away from the window I heard a light knock at the door and quickly went to get it. I smiled when I saw Nick on the other side "Where's your car?" "I parked it down on the next street so it wouldn't wake Brian." "Oh...that was smart." "Eh...I have my moments, ready to go?" "As always." I turned off the lights and grabbed my purse following Nick out. "Thanks for coming to get me." "Anytime baby...," he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to him as we walked to his car. "Does anybody know you have a place here?" "Nope. Nobody but you." "Good, hopefully we can keep it that way." We made it safe and sound to Nick's house, and Brian didn't have a clue I was gone. And best of all, he didn't know where to look for me.

Brian awoke in the middle of the night and turned over expecting to feel his wife next to him. He opened his eyes and looked at the empty side of the bed, she hadn't come to bed. He got up and went downstairs flipping on the light. "Deanna...you down here?" When nobody answered him he grew furious "Goddamnit, not again...but I know where to look for you." He went upstairs and quickly got dressed doing the same with Chris placing him in his carseat. "I'm sorry buddy but we have to go somewhere...go back to sleep..." He locked up the house and made it to his car cursing under his breath about his so called wife and her childish ways.

I lay in bed snuggled next to Nick, completely content. "Nick...?" "Yeah baby?" "I love you..." "I know, I love you too. I should have realized that sooner, then we wouldn't be in this mess." "It's ok we just needed time apart but I'm glad we're together now." "Me too, you mean everything to me Deanna." He placed a soft kiss to my forehead and we just lay there in the dark holding each other.