- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
There's been an update in this chapter, just a little one in the conversation between Kevin and Harold.
Brian sat in the car thinking...what if she wasen't there and he drove down there for nothing? Better call AJ first. He pulled out his cell and dialed his friends number. AJ looked down at his cell and saw Brian's number flashing back at him "Hello?" "Hey AJ, sorry for calling so late." "It's fine, I was up anyway." "Listen could you do me a favor?" "Sure, what's up?" "Can you check to see if Nick's home?" "Ok...may I ask why I'm checking on him?" "Deanna disappeared again." "Oh, well...as far as I know Nick hasn't been home for weeks." "For weeks? how is that possible?" "I don't know. Maybe she has him meet her somewhere?" "But she doesn't drive, unless...she has him meet her at the house. Let me find out she's been sneaking him in the house, I swear I'll..." "Brian calm down man, no need to get physical. All we gotta do is figure where they're hiding out." "Easier said than done J..." "True, I'll keep a lookout and call if I hear anything alright?" "Alright thanks AJ." "No problem and if you don't mind my asking, why did she disappear again?" Brian sighed knowing he had to tell his friend that it would come out anyway "I found her diary while stripping the bed yesterday and she had written in detail of every time she'd been with the man. How she was cheating on me but couldn't tell me." "Damn...if my wife was cheating on me I'd certainly want to know. So what was her excuse for not telling you?" "That she didn't want to break my heart and admit that she's been lying from the start." "I'm sorry Brian." "Don't be I should have seen this coming, I had a feeling something wasn't right but I just didn't want to admit it."

~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up the next morning snuggled against Nick...what a way to wake up. If only I could wake up to him everyday. I wonder if Brian found out where I was yet? Mostly likely not, Nick had said nobody but me knew he moved up here and we had every intention of keeping it that way. I felt him stir beside me and I turned to face him. "Mornin'..." He smiled a sleepy smile, he is so cute when he first wakes up. "Good Morning..." "It's only good cause I'm here with you." He smiled again and pulled me too him, snuggling up against me "Mmm...how about we just stay in bed all day?" "I'd love to but..." He kissed the back of my neck which caused me to shiver "But what?" "I need to go home." "No you don't...your safe here and he has no idea of where to look for you, besides I don't want you to go." "I don't want to go, but I'm gonna have to eventually." "Which is not now..." He closed his eyes and drifted back to sleep, holding me close. I turned to face him and smiled at his peaceful face. "Stop watching me sleep..." So I did as I was told and settled back under the covers.

Brian sat at the kitchen table his coffee getting cold as he wracked his brain trying to figure out where they could be hiding out. He wrapped his hands around the now cold mug and sighed mumbling to himself wondering where his wife could be.

Meanwhile Kevin was giving Harold the low down on what had happened and he wasn't thrilled about it. "Say what...?" "You heard me, she's back with Nick. And she's claiming that she doesn't love your brother, at all." "We'll see about that..." "Harold, where are you going?" "I think it's time I had a talk with this sister-in-law of mine." "That's the thing we have no idea of where they're hiding." "You don't?" "Nope. All we know is that she ran off and Brian hasn't seen her for days." "What is her problem Kevin? What has Brian done to make her do something like this?" "I wish I knew, we all do..." Harold sighed "Poor Brian. He's a great man and he doesn't deserve this. This has to end." "I know but what are we going to do?" Harold sat on the couch looking deep in thought. Kevin sat next to him as they both tried to think of the best way to get me away from Nick.

I shrieked when I felt arms wrap around my waist then a light kiss on my neck. I took a deep breath and smacked him on the arm "God Nick. Don't sneak up on me like that." "Sorry babe, I couldn't resist..." "Yeah yeah...now I hope your hungry." "Famished," he gave me a squeeze then looked over my shoulder "What are we having?" I looked back at him and smiled "Bacon and eggs." He kissed my cheek then rested his chin on my shoulder "I love you." "I know...Love you too...now scoot..." I softly pushed him back and grabbed the plates taking them to the table. "Now this is nice isn't it? Just like old times, huh?" I sat across from him and smiled "Yup just like old times..."

Brian got up from the table and went to answer the door seeing Kevin and Harold. "Kevin...Harold...what are you doing here?" "Kevin told me what happened, I'm sorry bro." Brian shrugged "It's alright..." "No it's not, how can you say it's alright after what that woman did to you?" "I thought I was enough to stop the hurting, to make everything better..." Kevin walked to him and placed a hand on his shoulder "You are but she's just too blind to see it. It's gonna fall apart again, he'll go back to his old ways...you'll see..." "And what am I supposed to do then Kevin? Help her pick up the peices of her pathetic life? I don't think so." Kevin and Harold looked at each other thinking she may well have really fucked up everything for him. "I'm gonna find her." Brian looked over at his brother "Don't you think I've tried? She doesn't want to be found." "No Brian I'm GONNA find her and when I do I'm gonna give her a piece of my mind for breaking my brothers heart. That bitch won't get away with this." "Do you have that bastard's number?" "Yeah..." Kevin handed Harold a slither of off white paper, and sighed. "I really don't think he's going to speak to you, Harry. I mean, face it: what's done is done." he turned to his cousin, and walked up to him. "You and Brian may be giving up, but I'M not. Do you hear me? I'm going to hunt that 'woman' down, even if it takes forever..." Harold took one last look at them both before leaving pulling his keys out.

~*~*~*~*~*~

As he drove he hit the steering wheel in frustration. How dare she betray his brother this way, he would make her pay. She doesn't deserve him she never did and now his nephew was in this too. She didn't care about him anyway, she didn't love him or Brian and this proved it. He would track her down and when he did there would be hell to pay. Harold added more pressure to the gas as he speed down the street hell bent on finding his supposedly sister-in-law and giving her a piece of his mind.