- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't know if anyone is still reading this but I'd really appreciate reviews. I see the reads are going up but still no reviews. As AC quotes 'Writers thrive on feedback.' which is true so please take a minute and review what you read. Please and thank you.
* Brian's Point Of View *

Not that I don't love my wifes best friend, because I do I just think it's wrong that I had to resort to calling her all because Deanna was too damn stubborn to listen to reason. Since that fateful day Harold brought her home she's done nothing but mope about the house and it's sickening. She won't go near Chris or me for that matter. What kind of hold does that man have on her and what are we going to have to do to break it? Only one way to find out. Krissie had agreed to come over and attempt to talk some sense into her it worked once before that was before Deanna claimed she still loved that lowlife. I mean honestly, why do women stay with men who verbally and physically abuse them? I'll never know.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a soft knock on the front door. Deanna had no idea she was coming, boy was she in for a shock. I opened the door and let out a sigh of relieve at the one person who might be able to bring my wife back.

"Thank you so much for this." "What are friends for? If anyone can get through to her it's me...speaking of her where is she?" I closed the door and lead her into the foyer "Upstairs in the same place she always is. In our room sitting at the window mumbling about how I'm keeping her prisoner and how she still loves him." I scoffed at the idea of her being with him. "Brian...relax...I'm glad you called me..." "So am I and I didn't know where else to turn. You truely are a life saver Kris."

She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back, the first real one in a long time. "Before I talk to her where's that adorable little boy of yours? I haven't seen him in forever." I laughed a bit she really did love Christopher even though his own mother didn't, she was his godmother after all. "He's taking a nap at the moment but once he gets up you can see him." "Sweet! That'll be awesome." Her face fell a bit at the thought of what she was about to do "Let's get this over with."

I lead her upstairs and down the hall to our room and softly opened the door, she followed me in and her eyes strayed to the window where Deanna was in fact sitting. She placed her hand on my arm and gave me a soft smile "I got it go on downstairs and relax a bit, ok?" I glanced at my wife for a moment then at her "Alright..." I left then closed the door behind me leaving Krissie and Deanna alone. All hell was about to break loose, I just had this gut feeling.

* Krissie's Point of View *

Once Brian left I felt a bit uneasy being in the same room as her, I could feel the tension in the room. And I didn't like it. I really felt for Brian it's a shame really here was this great man that loved and adored her and yet she chose to continue to love someone who wasn't worth her time. I sighed then took a step forward.

"Deanna, why are you doing this?" She didn't even turn to look at me as she replied "Doing what?" "What do you mean doing what? Hurting Brian? Abandoning Chris? The list just goes on..." She looked down at her hands which were nestled in her lap "I don't know..." "Oh don't give me that. He doesn't deserve this and you know it." "Well what am I supposed to do? I love Brian I do but I'm just not IN love with him anymore." "Anymore? How about you try never? You never loved him, you only wanted a substitute and replacement for when Nick wasn't around. Can you honestly tell me that as long as you've been with him, all you've been though that you don't love him at all?"

She looked up at me then, her turquiose blue eyes burning right through me. "But I do love him..." "You have a funny way of showing it." "Krissie, please..." "No. I'm only here as a request to Brian, if he hadn't called me I wouldn't even be here. But I'm his friend and I care about him which you obviously don't. And don't think I don't know about your little rendevous with Nick. Oh I know. I witnessed it with my own two eyes." "How...?" "I caught you both red handed granted your curtains were wide open and anyone could have seen you...it disgusted me so much to see you with him..." "Then why didn't you speak up and say something?" "Because it wasn't my place to say anything, you were the one cheating...you were the one that had to come clean. And you only came clean when Harold showed up and had to drag you away from him."

She looked down again and I knew...I just KNEW the next words she was going to say. I held up my hand letting her know that I did not want to hear it. "But..." "No. Please don't say it." "But...I love him..." I sighed "I just knew you were going to say that." "But I do..." "No you don't. Love isn't hitting you. Love isn't calling you every bad name there is. What you two had wasn't love and when are you going to realize that?" "I don't care what you say, I DO love him."

I placed my hand to my forehead and sighed again we were getting nowhere. "And what about Christopher?" "What about him?" "Well according to Brian since your return you haven't looked at or even held him...care to explain why..." "I..." "You can't even justify why you won't hold your own son?" I shake my head "You really are a lost cause..." "You really think that?" "Right now? Yes. All Brian has ever done was love you and this is how you repay him? By going back to the one person who dragged you to the deepest pits of hell?"

I knew what I said was getting to her she just wasn't showing it "I know you hear me. Would you just give him a chance, please?" "But..." "No buts. I want you for once in your life to think about your husband and your son rather than yourself. I want you to forget Nick Carter ever existed and that you were ever together." "I can't." This girl was really pushing my buttons and all I wanted to do was smack her, maybe then she'd listen.

I watched as she turned to look out the window again. "So that's it? Your giving up everything you've worked for up?" "I'm not giving up..." "Then what do you call this? Because the way I see it, it looks to me like your giving up. Like you don't even care. If I was in Brian's shoes I would have gotten rid of you the first time you screwed up, but that man loves you so much and your giving back so little." She continued to look out the window not saying anything, at this point I didn't even know if she was still listening to me or not. Not that it really mattered because no matter what I said she would always go running back to him, just thinking his name made me cringe. I really hated that man with a passion. I glanced at her one last time before turning around and leaving not wanting to see her depressed over that man.

I closed the door and made my way downstairs not seeing Brian anywhere, so I called out for him "Brian?" "In here..." He was in the kitchen, I walked towards the door and pushed it open and saw him sitting at the table with his hands wrapped around a coffee mug. "It didn't do any good did it...?" "Well, to tell you the truth..." He looked up at me then, his eyes a bit misty. "Just tell me Krissie..." I sighed and walked to the table taking a seat across from him "She wouldn't listen to reason, it was like I wasn't even there. Now I get what you were saying earlier...she's like a zombie, and I can't believe she's still pining for him. It's sick."

I watched as he let go of the mug and ran his hands over his face and I could see the tears escaping. That woman really was a piece of work, this man was going crazy at the thought of losing her and she didn't even care. He lowered his hands and I could hear him softly sniffle "Why do I even bother...?" I reached across the table and placed my hand on his "Don't talk like that...the Deanna we know and love is in there somewhere, we just have a bit of work to do to get her back." "I'm so tired Kris...I really am..." I never thought but somewhat expected him to give up on her at some point, maybe it really was too late "I know...and I hate seeing her hurt you like this...you and Chris both." He softly smiled and I thumbed his hand "Things will work out..." "What if they don't...?" "Why don't we worry about that when the time comes ok?" He nodded and placed his other hand on top of mine keeping my hand in between his. "Thank you...I don't know how I'd ever get through this without you."

I weakly smiled but the smile faded when I heard the floor creak outside of the kitchen. I watched as Brian got up and walked to the door slowly opening it, I walked up behind him and peeked out. 'So she did take my advice' I thought as I watched her cradle her newborn son and coo at him. I looked up at Brian not sure how he was gonna take seeing the sight of his wife holding their baby for the first time in days.

The smile that graced his face was enough to calm me...for now. Hopefully she was taking a step in the right direction.