- Text Size +
Brian helped me downstairs and we sat on the couch for awhile with me still telling him I was sorry. I wiped my eyes and pulled away from him "Brian..." "Yes baby?" "Can you make me some tea? Please?" He smiled and softly kissed me "Of course, you stay here and I'll go make it." I smiled as he disappeared into the kitchen, as soon as he was out of sight I grabbed my purse from the closet and my keys off the end table. I carefully peeked into the kitchen as I slipped into my jacket to see that he was still preoccupied, I zipped it up then walked to the door carefully opening it so he wouldn't know I was leaving. I know what I was doing was wrong but I had to stop that wedding by any means neccessary and if that meant sneaking out then so be it. With the door closed behind me I walked down the pathway and to my car, I opened the door and got in. Before starting it up I looked back at the house and sighed "I'm sorry Brian, but I have to." I buckled the seatbelt and started it up driving down the street not daring to look back at what I was leaving behind. None of that mattered now all that mattered was how fast I could get to Florida and stop Nick from making the biggest mistake of his life.

As Brian took the cup out of the microwave he could have sworn he heard a car start up but made nothing of it, it was probably one of the neighbors. He grabbed the cup and pushed the kitchen door open expecting to see Deanna sitting on the couch waiting for him but she wasn't...she was gone. "The car...it was...goddamnit," Brian swore rushing to the door to see her car gone "She tricked me. What the hell is the matter with her?!" Meanwhile I was on the highway making my way to Florida, I just hoped that I wasn't too late. The rain was still falling but not as hard as earlier. I thought of Brian and how pissed he was gonna be when he found out I was gone.

"Whoa whoa whoa...Brian slow down man." "Sorry AJ but I can't believe she tricked me like that. Why does she keep running back to him?" "I don't know Brian I wish I knew." "Wait...you live not too far from Nick right?" "Yeah why?" "She'll most likely check there first I want you to stall her for as long as you can." "Your going after her?" "Damn right I'm going after her, this is the most childish bullshit she's ever pulled. I don't care how you have to do it but keep her away from him." "I'll do my best Bri, how long you think it will take to get here?" "A few hours I'll drop Chris off at my Mom's and then I'll be on my way. Thanks AJ." "No problem." After hanging up Brian went upstairs to get Chris ready, he lifted him out of the crib and layed him on the bed quickly getting him dressed. Once he was dressed Brian strapped him in the carseat and made his way out to his car. His Mom took Chris without questioning why and simply told him to be careful. He was now on the highway making his way towards Florida and his wife.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hours later I was passing the Florida state line and I sighed in relief. I've been driving all night and I was dead tired but I needed to get to Nick and try to convince him not to go through with this. Brian flipped open his cell and dialed his wifes cell keeping his eyes on the road. I looked over when I heard my phone going off I knew exactly who it was and I wasn't answering it, I quickly pulled it out of my purse and shut it off stopping the ringing. "Goddamnit she turned her phone off," Brian mumbled as he closed the cell and threw it on the passanger seat. He sped up wanting to get to her and find out why in the hell she was doing this.

I pulled into a hotel to rest for the night, thank god I had my credit card or I'd be sleeping in my car. But it would be worth it. I paid for my room and took the elevator up, I couldn't help but wonder if Brian was on my trail. I wouldn't put it past him but...he wouldn't know where to look for me, which was a good thing at the moment cause I needed to be alone. I needed to think of what I was gonna say to Nick when I saw him tomorrow.