- Text Size +
After that night Brian no longer pestered me about Nick. I should have done that a long time ago if I knew it would get him off my case. Now I had a problem a HUGE problem I was cheating on my husband, but would you even call it cheating if there was no love involved? I didn't know but what I did know was how happy I was now that Nick was back in my life. Not exactly how I wanted it to be but you get the picture.

Days after it had happened Brian still hadn't caught on and I was very thankful. I didn't wanna think of what would happen if he found out that I was messing around with the one person he hated the most. For now I was safe, let's just hope I can keep it that way.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I looked up from my book to see Brian coming downstairs with Chris's carseat and diaper bag. I heard him curse under his breath when he almost lost his balance, I leant forward a little then went to get up. "You need some help?" "No I got it, I almost fell." I watched as he sat them on the floor and kneel down making sure Chris was alright. "Daddy's sorry if he scared you." I got up and walked over to where he was knelt and looked at Chris as he smiled completely oblivious to what just happened. Brian looked back at me "You gonna be ok here by yourself?" "Of course...I'm sure I'll find something to keep me occupied." 'And by something I mean somebody' I thought as he smiled getting up off the floor. "Alright I'm gonna be out with Harold for awhile, we're gonna have a guys day out so to speak. Aren't we Chris?" He just giggled and put his toy in his mouth looking up at Brian. I smiled "It's scary of how much he looks like you." "My mother said the same thing but I think he looks like you." He walked to me and softly kissed me then pulled back smiling "Have fun without me." He picked up the carseat and diaper bag heading out the door.

I watched from the window as he got Chris situated in the back then got in driving off. After he was gone I sat at the window waiting to see the telltale sign of Nick's car coming up the street. I didn't have to wait long because no sooner had I walked away from the window was when I heard that distinctive rumble of the engine being turned off. I smiled walking back to the window to see Nick getting out of his car and make his way up the pathway. I opened the door before he knocked and he smiled. "Anxious to see me?" "You have no idea." I grabbed his hand and pulled him in closing and locking the door then pushed him up against it. "I need you so bad right now." His hands rested on my hips as he leant down and kissed me. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Brian picked up the cell that was ringing on the passengers seat and answered it. "Hello? Kris hey...what's up?" "Nothing much listen...I was thinking me and Howie could come by and we could have dinner or something." "That's sounds great Kris but I'm not home, I'm on my way to see Harold." "Oh...well there goes my plans..." Brian chuckled at her obvious disappointment "Why don't you call Dee? She's home by herself she might wanna do something with you." "I think I might just do that. Say hi to Harold for me." "Will do bye Kris." "Later Rok." Brian smiled as he hung up and looked in his rearview mirror to see Chris sound asleep.

"So what did they say?" "I was gonna go see Dee for a bit...you mind?" "No of course not it's been awhile since you've been able to just hang out with her. You go and be careful." Krissie smiled and leant down to softly kiss her husband before heading out. She walked to her car jingling her keys humming softly to herself. She pulled out of the driveway and started towards Dee and Brian's, maybe she could talk her best friend into spending some much needed girls time. As she approached their house she noticed a car she knew who it belonged to. "The hell? What's he doing here?" She parked her car and got out walking up to the house. As she walked past the window she noticed the curtains were opened so she peeked inside. She gasped at what she saw...the little sneak. There her friend was up against the wall with her hand firmly planted in Nick's hair as he kissed down her neck. Krissie stood there and watched the scene unfold, her anger building. From what Brian told her things were going fine...she guessed they were considering that the man Deanna was kissing wasn't her husband. She stepped away from the window disgusted at her friend for stooping so low. The whole way home she couldn't think of anything besides Brian and how much her friend was hurting him.

She slammed the door throwing her keys on the inn table "How could she?" "Querida...what happened? I thought you were going to see Dee." "Oh I saw her alright..." "Then what are you doing back here?" "I can't believe her, how could she do this to him?!" Howie walked to her and placed his hands on her arms telling her to calm down "Ok, now tell me what happened...what are you talking about?" "When I got to their house there was a car there." "Ok..." "It was Nick's car." "What?" "You heard me Nick was there." Howie let go of her arms and just looked at her he wanted to hear the rest of this. Krissie continued her voice rising with every word "I walked towards the pathway and passed the window...They were kissing...she was kissing that no good son of a bitch. I knew something was going on I just knew it." Howie stood there in shock at what his wife told him...Deanna and Nick, back together? The hell? "I have to tell Brian." "Querida no..." "He has the right to know that his wife is cheating on him." "Whatever's going on Deanna has to tell him not you." "But..." "No buts he should hear it from her." Krissie sighed defeated she hated when Howie was right. "Ok I won't tell him...but if she doesn't tell him soon then I will." Howie walked to her and cupped her cheek softly kissing her. Her eyes closed at the feel of his lips and she forgot about what she had seen her friend doing...well for the moment.