- Text Size +
Story Notes:
based on the song by Carrie Underwood of the same title
"What can I get you, baby?" Tony, the bartender asked the pretty red head.

"Jack Daniels."She answered."And don't call me baby."Tony shrugged and went to get her drink.

When it arrived, she took it and downed the glass in one gulp.She set it back down and motioned for another.Tony stared at her, but quickly refilled it at the woman's glare.She took the glass again. sipping it this time.She turned in her bar stool and eyed her surroundings.Sawdust on the floor, some tables, and people dancing.Typical country bar.She spotted the stage and band playing, and got an idea.

"I'll be right back." She finished the remainder of her whiskey, and headed over to the band.Tony turned to the guy she'd come in with and asked,

"What's her deal?

"Been a rough night."Aaron said, and took a swig of his beer.He watched her speak with the lead singer of the band, and within a few minutes she was standing at the microphone.

"Hi there.I'm Kay, and well...I've had a pretty interesting night and I wanna tell y'all about it."The red head told the bar, and the music started up.


"Right now, he's probably slow dancing with a bleach blonde tramp
and she's probably getting frisky...
Right now, he's probably buying some fruity little drink
cause she cant' shoot whiskey...
Right now he's probably up behind with a pool-stick showing her how to shoot a combo

And he don't know..."

~*Flashback*~

It had started as any regular day.Kay left work early, wanting to get ready for dinner with her boyfriend, Nick.On her way home, she made a stop at a popular strip mall in downtown LA to do some shopping.Several minutes later, Kay was exiting Frederick's of Hollywood, when she look up across the street and came to a stop.There was Nick walking towards his car, with some blonde bimbo.And they were all over each other.Kaye pushed her sunglasses up on her face, and watched the pair get into his car, and share a long passionate kiss before driving away.

"I don't fucking believe it."She muttered under her breath.

Kay stomped back to her truck, and tossed her shopping bags into the back.She angrily shoved her key in the ignition, starting the engine, and sped off.Twenty minutes later, she slammed on the breaks in front of Nick's house, and jumped out of her truck.

"Nickolas Gene Carter, where the fuck are you?"Kay shouted, as she stormed through the front door.Aaron, Nick's brother came rushing up her.

"Kay, he's not here.What's going on?"

"I just saw that son of a bitch making out with some fake boobed bitch!"Kay snapped, her dark eyes blazing with anger.

"Ok.Just calm down."Aaron said, taking her hand."It's gonna be all right."She jerked away,

"No! I'm gonna kill him."

"I am so sorry."

"Why are you sorry."Suddenly she narrowed her eyes."You knew."Aaron looked away,

"Yeah."

"And why the fuck didn't you tell me?"Kaydemanded.

"I was going to tell you but you found out before I could."She stood there for a few seconds, then said.

"Shit, I need a drink."Aaron followed her into the kitchen.

"Kay, please don't let him get to you.He does this to all of his girlfriends."

"Oh, I'm not gonna let him get away with this.Not by a long shot."Kay said, taking a shot of whiskey.

"What are you gonna do?"Aaron asked.He walked over downed a shot himself.

"Payback."Was all she'd say."You gonna help me, sugar?"

"Just say the word."Aaron told her.She nodded,

"Good."
~*End Flashback*~

"That I dug my key into the side of
His pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seat,
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
Slashed a hole in all 4 tires,

And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats"

~*Flashback*~


"Hey baby."Nick greeted, when Kay opened the door.His jaw dropped when he saw what she was wearing.

"Um, Kay.You, uh you know we're going out to a public restaurant right?"

She had on a red and black lace corset, and matching garters.Her hair was curled and fell across her shoulders, and she was wearing enough make up to make a hooker look decent.

We can do that some other time."Kay told him."Right now, I've got something else in mind for us."From behind her back, she pulled out a pair of black furry handcuffs.Nick licked his lips,

"Well, now that you mention it.I wasn't that hungry anyway."Kaye smiled, and reached for his hand.

"I sure know my man."She jerked him to her and kissed him fiercely.When they broke for air, both were breathing hard.

"I think that bed is calling our names, sugar."Kay said.

"Lead the way."She kicked the door shut, and pulled him down the hall to her bedroom.


"Right now, she's probably up singing some
white trash version on Shania karaoke...
Right now, she's probably saying "I'm drunk"
and he's thinking he's gonna get lucky
Right now, he's probably dabbing on 3 dollars of that bathroom polo...

Oh and he don't know..."


"Did you get it?"Kay asked.

"Yep.It was hidden under the back tire."Aaron replied, and handed her the spare key to his brother's car.

"Thanks."Kay took it from him, and slipped it into her purse.Already she was imagining the damage she was gonna do.

"So whens it gonna happen?"Aaron wanted to know.

"Found out he's taking her to the Vogue tonight.Once they're inside, I make my move.Ok, I'm out of here."And Kay got up to leave.

"Kay wait."She stopped and looked back.

"You're sure you want to do this?"

"Yes."Kay said, without hesitation."Aaron sighed,

"Ok."Without thinking, she slipped her arms around his waist, and kissed him softly.He was staring at her in shock when the kiss ended.

"I couldn't have done this without you.I hope you know that."She told him, then hurried out of his house.


"I dug my key into the side of
His pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive
Carved my name into his leather seat
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights
slashed a hole in all 4 tires

And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats"


Kay sat in the parking lot of the Vogue, staring at the crowd of people standing at the entrance.Within minutes of her arriving, she noticed Nick's Escalade pull up, and he and the blonde got out.She watched them go into the club, and waited a full five minutes before getting out of her own truck.Kay walked around the back of her truck, and grabbed the black baseball bat, before going over to Nick's car.Using the spare key, she unlocked the car and slid into the driver seat.Starting up the engine, Kay looked to both side, then pulled out of the parking lot.

She drove five miles away, to an abandoned building with a dark parking lot, and killed the engine.Leaving the bad, she hopped out and whipped out her pocket knife.The moonlight shone off the blade, as she dragged it across the side of the car.Kay grinned at the sound it made.She repeated the action along the back, and the other side of the Escalade.She opened the passenger door, and slashed at the black leather.

Kay grabbed the baseball bat, and walked to the front of the car.She tested the weight, then raised the bat high and swung it into the left headlight, then the right.She jumped up on the hood, the heels of her boots leaving dents.Glass flew everywhere as she smashed the bat into the windshield.Her knife in her hand again, laughter erupted from her, as she wrote "Screw You" in the paint.She jumped down and went around shattering the remaining windows.

Tossing the bat into the backseat, Kay took her knife and slashed all of the car's tires.Just before she got back in, she carve "KAY" down the driver seat.Pocketing her knife, she admired her work, then drove back to the club.She noticed the stares of the crowd, as she got out of the destroyed car.She picked up the bat, and swung as hard as she could, knocking the side mirror right off.

"Fuck you Nick Carter!" She screamed.Then she turned and saluted the shocked crowd, before climbing back into her truck.


"I might have saved a little trouble for the next girl
Cause the next time that he cheats
Oh, you know it won't be on me

No, not on me...

Cause I dug my key into the side of
His pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
Carved my name into his leather seat...
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights
Slashed a hole in all 4 tires...

Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats"


Kay walked away from the stage, applause following her, to where Aaron was waiting.She looked at him, and he hugged her tight.

"You were amazing."

"Can you take me home?"She asked, her voice slightly muffled.He smiled at her,

"Sure."And he led her out of the club.

Back at the Vogue, Nick and his date were walking through the parking lot, when she gasped.

"Nicky, what happened to your car?!"Nick looked up and his eyes got big.

"What the fuck!"His precious car was totaled.

"Who is Kay?" The blonde demanded.

"What are you talking about?"Nick asked.She rolled her eyes, and pointed.He followed her gaze and there it was, carved into the leather; the name of his girlfriend.

"Shit."


"Ohh maybe next time he'll think before he cheats...
Ohh...before he cheats..."

THE
END