- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is the vary first story of my series! Sorry it took so long to post, but I felt like there wasn't a lot of background between Nick and Leigh-Anna. So I came up with this, so sit back and enjoy!!
As soon as they stepped into the airport they both wanted to yell for joy. Well, after a very long world tour they deserved it. Nick looked up at his tattooed pal and smiled with relief, both thankful to be back home, to enjoy the Floridian sun and shine. It was defiantly better than the continuous rain, smog, and hail that they had adapted to over the past few months thanks to the places centered around Europe. They’re two blocky and strong body guards, Tony and Jet led them to A.J’s to provide shelter from the mob of teenage girls that were starting to pile around them. They plopped into the van and waved goodbye to the fans as A.J’s new 2001 Mercedes took off out of the airport driveway.

“Oh my god I’m so glad the tour is finally over!! How long we got until we start recording again?” he asked his younger brother.

“I don’t know, Kevin wants to have a meeting soon over it, so we’ll see.” Nick rolled his eyes at Kevin’s over- organization skills. “What are you planning on?”

“Not much, enjoying the sun, time with the girlfriend and spending some time with the family, in fact, mom’s having most of them over tonight for barbeque and a little get together, want to go?” he asked as he signalled some kids to cross the road.

Nick shrugged. “Why not, who’s going to be there and what time should I get there?”

“Around 7:30. It’s only Mother, the guys are going to be there, some of the family, Gabriella and my cousin Leigh-Anna with her brothers I think. Some good food, drink, music, good conversation, should be a fun time.” He explained turning a corner, entering yet another highway.

Leigh-Anna? I’ve heard A.J mention her a few times before. I wonder who she is? “Who’s Leigh-Anna?”

“My first cousin. Her mother and my mother are sisters.”

“I realize that. I mean, what does she look like, is she nice, pretty, smart?”

A.J sighed, hoping that this question didn’t come up. “She’s blonde, but she has highlights, blue eyes, with a little gray in them, about 5’4, pretty smart, but she’s...troubled.” A.J struggled to find the approbate word.

Nick looked confused, trying to hide the semi smirk that was sneaking upon his lips, picturing A.J’s cousin. “What do you mean by troubled?”

A.J tapped his fingers on the steering wheel in annoyance as he stopped the car, pulling into Nick’s driveway before stepping out of the car. “Nick, I’m only telling you this because you’re one of my closest friends, but I swear, if you tell anyone I told you I’ll beat you to a pulp, got it?!”

“Whoa! Yeah I got it I got it. Shit, you must love her a lot.”

“I do, I never had a sister and she was the closest thing that came to it. Getting back to what I was saying, her mother and father are having some problems in their marriage and she knows it, I could tell it from her voice the other night on the phone that it was taking a toll on her. I was talking to her mother on the phone the other day and I’m very worried about her.” A.J said, entering Nick’s kitchen, catching a coke that was tossed at him.
Nick nodded his head in agreement, understanding what family strain meant, his mother and father were having enough problems of their own, so he knew where Leigh-Anna was coming from. After they talked about her, the weather, girls and sports a little more, A.J left to get ready for the get together that was taking place later this evening.

He took his bags upstairs and unloaded all their contents onto the bed, picking out his attire he wanted for the evening. Jumping into the shower after feeding the dogs and answering his messages felt good on his skin. It felt good to be home, back in his house, with no fans mobbing him and the boys, no management from the firm annoying the hell out him, it was just him in his bachelor pad, and that’s the way he liked it, for now anyway.

As he stepped out he turned the water off and wrapped a towel around his waist. He went into his bedroom and dried off, throwing on hid desired outfit for the night. Gelling up his hair and placing his shades over his eyes he was ready to take off. Getting into his new Cadillac and taking off into the bust Floridian street, hoping to get a glimpse of A.J’s troubled cousin.