- Text Size +
Fourteen days. Fourteen incredibly long days. And over those two weeks, Nick did everything he could possibly do to get Leigh-Anna out of his mind, he tried everything, walking the dogs multiple times a day, playing backseat ball game after basket ball game with the boys, even cleaning his house! The only thing that probably swept her out of his mind for a few hours was the constant clubbing he was doing, usually heading to the bar somewhere after eight and waking up to some girl he didn’t care for. But no matter how hard he tried, nothing worked. The spelled she cast over him, wouldn’t go away.

He missed her, there was no doubt about that particular statement in his mind, he missed everything about her, her warm touch, her hot and sultry curves, her breasts, her ass, the was his arms wrapped around her waist, the way her body felt against his own. Damn it!! Get out of my head Leigh-Anna! But it was no use, everything about her lingered in his mind, her narrow, perfect lips that formed into the comforting smile, her vibrant personality, the way she laughed, hell, even the way she cried, he wanted her, mind, body and soul. Which could be one of the very reason he found himself calling her name when he was sexing up the faceless and meaningless girls.

Of course, there were negatives, big negatives, for one, her age, sixteen, sixteen fucking years old, what would people say to a twenty year old messing around with a sixteen year old. Damn the laws with a adult and a minor! On the good end, she was very mature, he would’ve never guessed she was sixteen even if his life depended on it. And the worst part, the part that chewed away at his soul, he hurt her, he yelled at her at the beach, there were a million better ways to handle that situation, a ton that was better than the road he took, but instead, he flipped out at her, hurt her, hurt himself.

And of course, there was A.J, damn him, if it wasn’t for his assertiveness over her, and the little argument that happened between them both, things probably would’ve been different. So many people were against this, her mother, who really scares him, management, over the past two or three meetings they spoke vary poorly of her and what would happen if a relationship bloomed, as if anything could happen now anyway. God damn it, why is she still in my head?! There are plenty of fish in the sea, but there are none as vibrant as she is, damn, I need a drink!

He pranced around his house throughout the day, striding over to the mini bar, thank god he had that built in there when he made the renovations for the house, poring a glass of smooth whiskey and mixing it with coke, all it took was a few crisp ice cubes to make the drink whole. Taking a good gulp of it, letting the smooth liquid run down his throat, taking the drink into his hand and walking into the living room. Flicking on the television, hoping a couple of hours of mindless television would destroy the brain waves that involved that short, five foot four, little beauty just thirty minutes away from him.

Finally, he found something to watch, a nice two hour horror movie by the name of Friday the 13th, maybe that could take his mind off her, it would at least bring him to eleven o’clock, that way the sky could be black and maybe he could turn in, hoping to have a Leigh-Anna-less sleep. Half way through the movie there was a loud knock at the door, scaring the shit out of him, he jumped as he sprang to his feet, hurrying over toward the door, peeking through the peep hole, eyes almost spearing out of his head. What the fuck?! I can’t get this kid out of my mind and now, she shows up at my door, dear god this is too confusing!

He slowly opened the door, allowing his eyes to feast his eyes on the hottie before him, dressed in a black camisole and a pair of dark shorts, with black pumps on her feet, made her look sexy as hell, giving him a tremendous struggle to maintain his self control. They took a minute to stare at one another, not really knowing what to say. Nick stood aside for her, indicating for her to enter, she walked into his home, following him into the kitchen.

“Leigh-Anna, what are you doing here?” He asked after a short while, breaking the killing silence that was between them.

“Nick, I came here to say I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry? Why are you sorry?” He questioned, sitting on one of the kitchen tables.

“For what I said to you two weeks ago, I shouldn’t have yelled at you.”

Nick didn’t know what to say, but something automatic kicked in, before he could analyze what he was about to do, he grabbed her hand and crashed his lips onto hers, covering them quickly, getting the full taste of her warmth, Leigh-Anna blissfully gave into him, his kiss, his touch, everything about this man was so captivating over her. One of Leigh-Anna’s arms pressed against his perfect head, intermingling her fingers into the course of his sandy blonde hair, the other one laced onto his side, not wanting to let him, or the kiss go anytime soon.

“Leigh-Anna, I’m the one who’s sorry, I never meant to say that to you.” He whispered still holding both of his hands firmly against her waist, keeping her pressed to his chest.

“Does that mean...you’ll give us a try?” She hoped, the sparkling coming into her eyes.

Nick shut his eyes and shook her head dimly, still keeping his eyes pressed shut, dreading the look on her face. “I’m sorry Leigh-Anna, but no, that kiss, was goodbye, I’m not saying that in a couple years from now things, we could start something, but for now, if you really want what’s best, you would just leave.”

Nick let go of her waist and she stepped back, two long forms of black trickling down her face, she opened her mouth to speak, but no words would flow through, only a short and sharp weep. She took a moment to gather herself. “Okay then, I’ll go, but if you need anything, you know where I am.” She whispered, her voice barely audible.

Nick stood there like a statue when he nodded, he looked at her face, sheer heartache and turmoil, their eyes locks for a brif moment, Leigh-Anna gently but quickly walked out of his kitchen and to the door, little did she know, this was hurting him a lot more than it was hurting her.