- Text Size +
Nick strode along the stoned walk way trail. Leading entry to large oak door as the Floridian sun started to set, for, yet another day to come to an end. He lightly tapped onto Leigh-Anna’s door and waited for the door to swing open, but oddly enough, no one answered, he tried knocking again, a little harder this time, wrinkling his eyebrows when no one answered yet again. Nick slowly placed his hand onto the knob and turned it a full three-sixty, sliding into her classic style home, he slowly looked around the house, everything was in check, dishes cleaned and placed on the kitchen counter, ready to put away, his eyes scanned the whole rooms as he walked throughout the house, finally peeking out the kitchen doors, that led to the huge backyard. His eyes stayed on the scene that played in front of his eyes, a sight that made a smile creep across his face. On the other end of the patio, at the end of the driveway, exactly where the huge garage reached, Nick watched Leigh-Anna’s younger sister, Daisy, playing basket ball, trying her best to shoot the ball into the net that was attached onto the garage roof, but sadly, the ball wouldn’t go in. He was going to go over there and show her better ways to dunk the ball, but something stopped him, did she even know about him? What if she got scared? He was almost positive that this ten year old hadn’t seen him in her life.

“Leigh-Anna!! There’s a stranger in the house!!” Someone screamed from behind him, he whipped around and his eyes locked onto a scared little boy. Clearly and utterly scared of his presence, he tried to coax the little light brown haired boy but he bolted into the kitchen faster than he’d seen any little tyke run in the longest time.

“Don’t worry, that’s just Andy, he gets a little...on edge, when he sees someone he doesn’t know, especially in the house, you must be Nick, I’m Daisy.” The ten year old extended her hand, she looked just like a mini version of Leigh-Anna, only this little one had no highlighted dye in her hair, she was going to be a major find one day.

“That’s me, nice to meet you Daisy, are you sure you’re only ten years old?” He questioned, astounded at her politeness and mannerisms.

Daisy giggled and nodded. “I’m eleven in two months, I’m a July baby!” She quipped, grabbing three of his fingers and wrapping it into hers, leading him into the beautiful kitchen, the kitchen was big and roomy, and, filled with an atmosphere, tons of cherry, burgundy, and a dark oak shade, every kitchen appliance was either built in or placed with care wherever it was placed, much like a floor plan. Wow, Leigh-Anna wasn’t kidding when she said she loved spending time in her kitten.

Then all of the sudden, Leigh-Anna emerged from whatever she was doing, it seemed that she was in the shower, her wet hair looked like it was towel dried, but she looked so fine in a simple yellow camisole, and a black pair of sweat pants, she looked hot, very, very hot.

“You know! Whoever you are, what gives you the right to barge into my house, there are laws against this shit you know!!” She yelled, her sharp voice filling the room, the yelling continued until she was fully in the kitchen, her ramblings automatically stopped when she seen him. “Nick, how did you get in?”

“The front door was open.” He stated simply, Daisy giggled, but the little boy that clutched Leigh-Anna leg from behind.

“Andy it’s alright, this is my...uh, friend Nick, he’s helping me with some homework.” Leigh-Anna stammered.

“Should this ‘homework’ be kept from mom?” Daisy asked, keen eyed.

“If you both know what’s good for you, it will be.” Leigh-Anna retorted, Andy trotted over toward Daisy, Leigh-Anna clapped her hands together and looked at the clock, the digits on the microwaves clock read eight-thirty, the sun almost down fully, making the colors of orange, pink and light purple stretch across the sky. “Okay! Time to get ready for bed, I promised mom I’d have you in bed in an hour, go get ready, I’ll be up later to tuck you all in.”

“But I don’t want to go to bed!” Andy complained.

“Too bad, go get ready, I didn’t say you had to fall asleep, you can watch TV or something!”

Nick folded his arms and leaned against the countertops, watching the way Leigh-Anna interacted with her younger siblings, very impressed with her, once they all trudged out of the kitchen to the bathroom, ready to brush their teeth, she looked at his smirking face, her eye brow raised high. “What are you thinking?”

He chuckled and waltzed his way over to her. “I think that you’re siblings are very much like you!” He laughed, Leigh-Anna rolled her eyes and hugged him, wrapping her arms around his neck affectionately, lightly pressing her lips against his, closing her eyes, savouring the moment. “Wow. Miss me?” She nodded, Nick smirked and before he could even decipher what he was doing, he snaked one of his arms around her back and used the other one to buckle her legs back, making her fall into his arms, Leigh-Anna’s laughing screams filled the air as he carried her over to, what looked a lot like, the living room.

“Okay Carter, what exactly are you planning on?” She laughed as he crashed on top of her, kissing her again.

“Can’t a guy just kiss his girlfriend whenever he pleases?”

“Hum, well...when you looks like yours, it’s hard to say no.” She laughed, pecking his soft lips once more.

“Likewise Mrs. Roberts, I thought you had a full house here? Where’s the rest of them?” Nick asked, finally getting off one another and sitting on the sofa properly, he looked at her intently, studying her sun tanned face, it was a rare moment of silence in her house.

“Well, Liam and Marsha are staying at a friend’s, and my sister Cici is staying with her boyfriend’s house, my mom wanted me and the rest to stay with my aunt but I think I’m doing a pretty good job!” Leigh-Anna took a breath, letting the sweet harmonic exhale escape her lips. “So, are we still on for tomorrow?”

“Hell yeah, but, I do have one question, how are you going to skip off, and convince everyone else you’re sick when you’re not?”

“It’s simple really, I’ll get up tomorrow, usual time, get the kids up and ready for school, make my calls to everyone that needs to be called, and I’ll meet you around eight?” She explained, looking at him intently.

“Sounds good, where would you like to go tomorrow?” He asked.

“Wherever the wind takes us!” She giggled. “I’m a simple girl Nick, it doesn’t take much to please me! But right now, I think I need to be pleased in another way.” She added, wrapping her arms around neck, attacking his lips fiercely, Nick fired back as he wrapped his arms around her waist, both heavily into their goodbye make out session, and for Leigh-Anna, she hoped this was only a prelude to what could happen tomorrow.