- Text Size +
Ah, Fridays. A god send in most ways, it’s the beginning of the weekend for the kids, and for some adults, well, in Leigh-Anna’s case, she was on a high, her hair was blowing freely in the warm wind, her knees rested against the dashboard, listening to the radio as Nick drove along the dusty road, she rested her head on the leather headrest and studied his face calmly, and lovingly, with a smile on both faces. He was perfect, in every single sense of the word. From his personality, the caring, loving, funny, realistic person that he was made her proud to be with him. Even if they were hiding it from the world.

Nick looked over to her direction, the sun hitting his perfect face from an angel, letting his already tan skin shine and his white teeth glisten, the black shades covering his eyes from the suns rays. “You okay?” He asked.

She smiled and nodded her head. “I’m great, I’m kind of shocked we actually get to spend an entire day together though, but, it’s a great kind of shock.”

Nick tilted his head, mirroring her smile as he turned back to the road, making his pose look like a model, his words rang in her head like the sweet sound of a harp. “Eh, tell me about it. I’m very satisfied to have you alone and all to myself.” He smirked, she laughed in response, a giggly, sweet one, turning her attention to the road, Leigh-Anna prayed that this date would turn out amazingly perfect, maybe it could follow up to something even more later on in life.

After an hour and thirty minutes, which brought them up to ten o’clock in the morning, Nick put his sleek, purring engine to a stop, yanked the keys out of ignition and got out of the car, slowly walking around the front of the car, Leigh-Anna’s sight lost in awe of his togetherness style, a deep purple T-shirt with some golden logo starched across the shoulder blades, showing his mussels in his chest and arms, with a simple pair of blue jeans and Nike sneakers he looked amazing, resembling today’s newest top model, only better and a better personality.

He opened the Mustangs door with one of his hand and took hers into his free hand, gliding her freely out into some dusty parking lot, she looked around at the place strangely, the parking consisted of no pavement, just white dust and powered rocks, in the lot there wasn’t a lot of cars, only about fifteen or so. All that was in sights reach was an old station and a map station. Nick chuckled, making her snap out of her wondering minute.

“You don’t know where we are do you?” He chuckled.

“Not a clue.” She responded sheepishly.

“Well, you’re about to find out!” He said, taking her hand tightly, but, comfortingly into his. Walking toward the station, the big sign with bulky letters starting to get more and more visible. The big white and green sign read ‘Scott’s Animal Park’. An animal park, Leigh-Anna smiled broadly, she loved animals, it was a bright and warm sunny day, her date with Nick to an animal park with tons of the little cuties. They checked into the station and were given the maps of the reserve and a pamphlet about some of the species that were kept there, some cute and furry, and, some scaley and dangerous.

“You look so beautiful and sexy today by the way, have I told you that yet?”

“Once or twice.” She laughed, she didn’t feel like she was wearing anything special, just a neon orange tank and a black pair of shorts with matching heels, her usual date attire.

“Ready to go through?” He asked, looking at her, keeping his hand within hers.

“Hell yeah!” She replied, he chuckled and they began walking hand in hand, on the board walk, into the huge animal jungle.

The park was amazing, all the cute little animals were so cute, the owls, bunnies and birds were adorable, even the caged bear, alligator, and crocodilians were enjoyable, everything about that time they spent in the mini forest getaway was amazing, Nick was the perfect gentleman, he wouldn’t let go of her hand, every time they stopped to observe the surroundings he’d hug her from behind, and lightly peck her temple every chance he got. “So, did you like it?” He asked, as they walked back toward the car.

“It was so amazing, and, being with you made it all better!” She gushed, linking both their into each others, Nick pulled her into a sweet kiss in the middle of the parking lot, Leigh-Anna gladly gave into his lips and intermingled her mouth to his. Propping her right up and sneaking her arms around his neck. “And that, I missed.” She laughed, stealing another quick one from him before they hoped into the car.

“Where to next babe?” She asked, fiddling with the radio stations.

“Scoopers ice cream.” He stated simply before giving the engine a sleek, clean roar.

“Of course!” She laughed as they took off, leaving a cloud of dust behind.

About an hour later, they pulled up into Bowering Beach, a huge sandy beach, just outside of busy Orlando where people would go to, to walk their dogs, take a stroll on their own, or quite simply, just have fun at the beach and go for a dip. They took their ice cream cups and sat down on the sand, breathing in a relaxing sigh Leigh-Anna rested her head on Nick’s shoulder. Staring at the glistening ocean. “You okay?” He asked her, kissing her temple.

“Yeah, yeah I’m great, this day has been perfect Nick, thank you so much for taking me away, I sure as hell needed it.” She explained, smiling at him, but her smile soon faded, she tossed her empty cup into the nearby trash can and linked her arms around her legs. “But, I have to be honest, I’m very impressed that you don’t seem to mind what people think about you seeing me.”

“Look Leigh-Anna, I like you a lot, and to be frank, I really give a damn about what the others say about us.” He told her.

“Then why do you have to sneak around to see each other.”

Nick sighed and mirrored her actions. “I know babe, but it’s only for a little while, I promise. I promise nothing is going to hurt, you or me anymore, not A.J, not you family, not my own. Anyone.”

Leigh-Anna smiled and threw her arms around him, colliding on top of him, laughing against his lips and she kissed him hungrily. Nick slithered his arms around her waist and rolled on top of her, attacking her lips with his own, getting the taste of his lips fully Leigh-Anna was truly and defiantly in heaven. But she couldn’t help but freeze for one second when she felt Nick’s hand slide up her top and rub her side, but, she felt, whole, when she was with him, no matter what she was doing, she didn’t even know she could kiss him harder than she was already doing, but she was, Leigh-Anna tugged at the bottom of his shirt, a pigeon flew down, and landed on Nick’s head, taking his beak and tugging on his perfect hair.

“What the fuck?!” Nick said in disbelief, mouth open, trying to shake his head, to get the gull off.

Leigh-Anna chuckled at the sight. “I think even the birds want a piece of you!” She giggled, standing up and shoeing the pigeon away from his perfect locks.

“Am I that irresistible?” He joked.

She giggled. “Yes you are. Damn that gull, I guess we better get going huh?” She said, the sadness abundant in her voice, and her actions, as she played around with his warm fingers.

Nick glanced at his watch, one thirty. “Yeah, you need to get home the little ones at a decent hour don’t you?”

Leigh-Anna didn’t respond, just nodded, Nick stood up and she extended her hand, refusing to look up at his perfect face, afraid she would let a few tears slip down her face, picturing them spending time away from each other. She felt a big jerk on her arm, and then she was pulled into the air, she legs rested beneath one of Nick’s arms, Nick had her scooped up like she was a feather, she giggled loudly, all her negative fears were washed away while he carried her to his car, both of them laughing are joking around the whole way, Nick refusing to let her feel touch the ground. He put her into the car and jogged around to the other side, hoping in himself and letting the engine purr to life. Nick reached back and drove out of the parking lot, the date had almost come to an end.

“Okay, were here.” Nick’s sad words rang in her ear, this day was perfect, and she didn’t want it to end, at all, ever. She was so great with him, he was so great with her, his eyes were so soft and loving all throughout the whole entire day, there was no doubt that there was something between, some connection unlike any other. They slowly exited the car, she was making her way to the steps when Nick pulled her arm back and geared her into his arms, he spun them around so her back was rested against the blue metal pain as he kissed her. Leigh-Anna smiled as she slipped her tongue into his mouth, nothing could go wrong today, until a car pulled into the driveway.

“What the hell is going on?!” A.J’s roaring voice boomed throughout the driveway, making them both part away from their lips.

“A.J! I-I can explain!” Leigh-Anna stammered, the fear in her eyes starting to grow as well as the fear in her voice. She looked toward Nick, his eyes were confident, but the fear was there to, and it was clearly noticeable.

“Explain what? Ditching school and sneaking off all day!!” He yelled.

“Whoa, A.J man, clam down man, Leigh-Anna’s a big girl she can take care of herself!” Nick stepped in, stepping in front of the shorter backstreet.

A.J’s eyes and expression grew darker than it ever was before, it made Leigh-Anna’s insides flip with fear, she prayed nothing would happen between them because of A.J. It couldn’t. He wouldn’t. “Fuck off Carter, I’ll deal with you later.” AJ spat, pushing him out of the way, Nick clearly wasn’t taking that lying down, he bounced back and shoved A.J away from Leigh-Anna before the yells of disappointment would head her way.

“A.J stop it!! Why can’t you all just back the fuck out my life?! I don’t need you, my mother, my father or anyone else bitching at me, telling me who I should see and not see. Why is it so god damn hard for you to see that Nick and I are dating!!” Leigh-Anna screamed, stepping in the middle of the two hard faced men, her own blue eyes icing over, the clear resentment and utter disgust toward her older cousin very evident.

“Yes you do Leigh-Anna!! You beginning to act like a stubborn little girl, you’re sixteen years old for crying out loud, I don’t want to hear this anymore, we’re going inside so maybe you’ll stay out of trouble then!” A.J spat, grabbing her roughly by the arms.

It all happened so fast after that.

Nick suddenly broke the two apart, Leigh-Anna stumbling back and bumping her spin against the metal rear view mirror of A.J’s car, Nick socked A.J right in the jaw, making the tattooed one stumble backward, he looked up at his younger blonde band mate and tackled him to the ground, both of them wouldn’t stop, they wouldn’t stop punching each other, Leigh-Anna screamed her head off when A.J delivered a mighty bloody wiles to Nick’s nose, causing it to bleed. Leigh-Anna used every ounce of strength she had in her body, pushing her cousin off her boyfriend. “Will both of you please! Stop it! A.J please just go home and leave us be!” She begged, turning her back, turning her attention back to Nick, pressing her forehead to his.

“Not a fucking chance in hell, you’re going inside!” A.J roared, getting a tight grip on Leigh-Anna’s arms, with an unbelievable force he started dragging her into her home, she wept as she struggled against her cousins grip and the pulling force, she peeked her head around and watched as a helpless and stunned Nick watched them both, before A.J hauled her inside.