- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, hope you like this update! Reviews make me happy!!! It only takes a second, tell me what ya think, even if you didn't like it, writers thrive on feedback after all! But thanks for reading all the same! xoxo
He sighed deeply as his foot tapped against the smooth, brown oak floor, thinking about...everything. It had been exactly fifteen days since he’d seen that sixteen year old goddess he couldn’t help but think about. He never spoke to anyone, not a single person, not even Brian, he needed time away, away from everything and everyone, even her. He needed time for himself, he needed to think things through, every single aspect of this whole entire knotted situation he needed to think about, what he felt when he was with her, the way her body pressed against his own, the way her eyes told her emotion before it spattered all over her glowing face. God damnit Leigh-Anna, you’re like a beautiful curse, do you know that? No matter how hard I try, and no matter how much it pisses me off, you’re stuck in my head. Fuck!! Everything he needed to course through his brain, over the past fifteen days, whooshed through him like a tidal wave.

She was too young for him, at least for now anyway, her sixteen to his twenty it wouldn’t be accepted until at least another two, maybe three years, possibly even more now that he wasn’t on the best terms with the guys and her family about this. He knew it was wrong, he knew it, but he didn’t want to admit, every feeling he felt when he was with her felt so right, she had her speculations, so did he, this wasn’t supposed to happen, funny how fate works itself out. Wow, what a predicament they were in, as much as she was in, he was too, six feet under.

He trudged down the stairs and looked at the clock, only ten pm, the night was still young, well, that was until the doorbell rang. He looked strangely at the large oak door. Damnit I hope it’s not one of those girls from before! He silently prayed to himself, walking over toward the door, placing his palm onto the silver handle, turning it, secretly hoping to see the girl, his once secret girl, instead, he was shocked to find an extension of the Roberts family on the other side of the door, his older brother, tattooed bad boy A.J, with a hint of wonderment and guilt in his eyes?

“A.J?” Nick questioned bewildered, astonished that he would be the first to come, especially after their most recent encounter.

“Yeah it’s me, can I come in?” He asked, looking at him, his expression quiet.

“Sure, sure thing, come in!”

He stepped aside and A.J tarried inside, Nick closed the door shut and followed him into the living room, the two men sat down on the sofa, A.J looking intently at his hands, palms clamped shut against the other. The situation was awkward, there was no doubt about that, it was probably even more awkward than if Leigh-Anna had shown up. Finally, after what seemed to be, five killing minutes, A.J sighed and spoke out. “Koas, you haven’t given us any signal whatsoever that your even alive, are you okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine, I’ve just been thinking, about everything.” Nick said.

This made A.J eyes open wider, head snapping over to his younger brother. “Well that’s good, I sure as hell hope you have it all figured out and are making the responsible decision about this. Nick, you need to stay away from Leigh-Anna, and I know that your both sick and tired of hearing this but at least for now Nick, this fling between you and Leigh-Anna can’t happen, maybe in two or three years all power to you both, but as for now Nick, no, this won’t happen, it’s just to exhausting, for each and every person involved.”

“I know.” He said, his voice small, almost whisper like.

“You do?” Asked a blown away A.J, the shock clearly evident in his face as they entered the kitchen.

“Yeah, I do, she’s four years younger, though it’s hurting me to say this, I can’t see her anymore, like you said, maybe in a couple of years, but, for now, I have to let her go, no matter how much it hurts me.” He said quietly, that last part of the sentence, A.J strained to hear.

A.J sighed and walked over to his brother, placing a hand on his concerned and caring hang on Nick’s shoulder. “I’m proud of you Nick, I really am. I’m sorry for fighting with you the other day.”

“Don’t mention it.” He nodded, A.J returned the nod, and made his way to the door, getting ready to call it a night.

“A.J!”

“Yeah bro?”

“How is she?” He asked, he couldn’t resist, he at least had to know how she was doing.

“She’s coping well, she misses you a lot I’ll admit, but, she’s gotten real close to Christine.”

“Has she?”

“Yeah, it’s kinda scary actually, but Nick, I gotta get going but I will tell you this, forget about everything that’s happened in the last few months, get yourself a girl, and please, for your own sake, move on.” A.J said, in his most caring voice yet.

“I know, I have to move on.” He said quietly I just don’t want to. AJ sighed and nodded his head, making his way toward the door to go home, Nick waited until he heard the roar of the engine until he gripped the whiskey bottle behind him, pouring a nice big of the smooth liquid into the glass, drinking it straight. God damnit, this may be a lot harder than I’d expected! He thought to himself, reaching into his back pocket he pulled out his wallet and slipped out a picture of a newly taken pic of him and Leigh-Anna, it was one of their secret meetings they shared, both of their faces were pressed against each other, his lips against her cheek, while he was looking at the picture, he said something that he never thought he would say ever in his life.

“Since when is falling in love this complicated?”