- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, so, this one was probably one of the harder ones in the stories I've written! But the end is near, only in about 7-10 chapters Good Girl Gone Bad will be finished! Please read and review, tell me what you think. Thankies!!
There she sat, after everything was said and cried, all the guests left, and the family was all scattered all over their broken home, but still, there she sat, outside on the patio stairs, her knees at her chest again, arms around the knees, looking helplessly at the driveway, hoping to see his car pull up soon, she was all ready to escape, dressed in a neon pair of green shorts and a black halter, hoping that the change to upbeat clothing would lighten her mood, a miserable attempt. Big time.

Then she heard the crackling of the pavement, she smiled softly when Nick’s car pulled into her driveway, just like he promised. She hoped to her feet and a giant surge of adrenaline coursed through her veins as she watched him get out of the car, she ran over to him and threw her arms around him in the split second she reached him, Nick’s arms slammed onto her back holding her tight. She didn’t want to look this small and pathetic around him, but every time she saw him, she wanted to be next to him, and in this particular situation, she needed him more than she needed anyone in her entire life. Nick rested his back against the car as he stroked her hair affectionately. Whispering soft words of encouragement into her ear, as she let her tears fall into his blue T-shirt.

“I’m sorry Nick, I can’t stop crying.” She sniffed, looking into his eyes.

“It’s okay Leigh-Anna, it’s perfectly understandable right now, hell, in your situation, and from what I seen in that room this afternoon, you’re doing a lot better than what I anticipated.” He said, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, he gently cupped her face and brought his lips to her, covering them soothingly, Leigh-Anna softly moaned against his lips, melting away in his sweet embrace.

When Nick broke the kiss, she looked deep into his eyes, they were the same beautiful shade of blue, but there was a certain tingle of confusion there, she guessed it was because of her and Jan, who he was still with, but Leigh-Anna could half understand where he came from, he still had strong feelings for her, but she shuttered at the thought, but, maybe they were gradually fading when he spent time with Jan, she didn’t want to think about, she erased every single shred of that from her mind, demolishing the idea of Nick falling for someone else but her. “Can you take me to the beach?” She blurted out.

“Sure, I had a feeling you’d want to go there.” He said, smiling a small smile towards her way, he led her over to the passenger seat and opened the door for her, he still is a true gentle man, that made her smile grow bigger, he dashed over to the driver’s seat and hoped it, purring the engine to life, he backed out of the driveway and into the Floridian street. No one spoke until they reached the sandy shore of the Florida beach, both of their hands were entangled into each others, he looking at her, she looking at the setting sun, the golden arrays filling Orlando.

“Um, Nick, I have something to tell you.” Her voice was small, almost like a five year olds. Better tell him, tonight may be the only night I could.

“Ok, what is it?” He asked, she put her other hand into his, so the sun was shining on the back of her head, she looked at him intently, but her stare was also genuine.

“Before I met you, in school, we all had to fill out applications for Universities, Colleges, Trade Schools, wherever we wanted to go after June.” She began. “So, I applied to a University in Newfoundland, Canada, because I have relatives there and I’ve always loved Canada, I applied to Memorial University and they just got back to me a couple of days ago, and...I got in.” She finished, her eyes glued to the sand.

“Leigh-Anna, that’s great!” He congratulated, hugging her tightly and quickly. “I don’t know why you’re sounding so sad about this because this is an amazing opportunity for you!”

“I know it is, but, I’m not going.”

“What?! Why not?!”

“Because Nick...I don’t want to leave you.” She said lowly, playing with her fingers.

“Well that’s just too bad Leigh-Anna, you’re going, Leigh-Anna, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you, and I’m not letting stay behind here and waste it, got it?!” His voice was firm and determine.

Why was he acting like this? She wanted to stay here and be with him, and now she was basically trying to tell him everything she needs, and now this? What the hell gives?

And then it hit her.

“I’m not going to be good enough for you am I?” She said, stepping back, looking at his, his expression was unreadable, completely unreadable. “At least not right now, but as of now, nothing I do is ever good enough anymore, everything keeps getting in the way, and I tried to turn to you, even recently, but nothing seems to be pushing you closer to me! And you know what, I’m glad I got this out of the way right now, because it was very eye opening, and never in a million years would I think I had the strength to say this, and this is really scary but, Nick, I think I’m not falling, but I’m totally and completely in love with you.”

Her words were strong, or so she wanted them to, but the only tone would sound from her mouth was shaken and stirred, and with the whole mom situation the tears couldn’t help but fall from her eye lids, when Nick’s darkened face wouldn’t answer, her heart broke so much more than it already was. He wouldn’t say it back, but his eyes screamed something else, something that was so readable to her, but yet, something that was going to be so important down the road.

“You’re not going to say it back are you?”

“I’m sorry Leigh-Anna, I just can’t, and I’m sorry but maybe a nice few years but right now, no way, no way are you passing up Memorial and no way are you staying with me.” His words hit her like a dagger, plunging into her soul, shattering the sixteen year old completely and entirely.