- Text Size +
Her eyes remained on the pool as she listened to every word that her cousin talked about. Ranting on and on about the tour, his relationship with Gabriella, and the break that they were planning on taking. She smiled sometimes and nodded her head when it was needed. She rested her head on A.J shoulder and tears stung in her eyes as she watched from the other side of the yard. Her parents were fighting again, not physical, but verbal, it had never blown out of proportion but the space between her father and her mother was more than evident. A.J put his arm around her shoulder and pressed her lightly against him, trying his best to ease her pain.

“Don’t worry Leigh-Anna. Everything will be okay.” He soothed, kissing her temple lightly.

She laughed softly and shook her head. “No it won’t Jay, I know what’s coming next for them, I just know it. Oh lord god, I can’t go back there tonight, I can’t stand listening to another fight between them, would it be okay if I can stay with you and Gabi tonight?”

“Sure Leigh-Anna Banana, when you get ready to leave just get your things and come on down, you can stay for as long as you need.” He said, smiling at her.

She returned with gratitude and they remained silent watching the people interact with each other. Until the screen door opened and Nick waltzed through the door, looking hot in blue jeans, a black leather jacket and a red T-shirt. Leigh-Anna’s eyes nearly popped out of her head, how on earth can somebody look that beautiful? “Whoa!”

A.J sighed, hoping that this is only and see and go meeting, hoping with all his soul that Nick and Leigh-Anna would never show interest in each other. “Don’t waste your breath Leigh-Anna.”

“Why not?” She asked, her defences building and the evidence in her voice.

“For one, your 16 and Nick’s 20, so the age difference alone is a good enough reason and, Nick has his own problems to deal with right now, the last thing you need is more on your plate.” He explained.

“I’m not even saying anything, I’m just admiring the looks of the hot blonde band mate, and I’m not planning on falling in love with him or anything.” Leigh-Anna countered, finishing her sentence with a chuckled. “Like someone like him would ever fall for a girl like me.”

Alex looked at her strangely. What happened to her? Her self esteem was never this low. I’m gone for a couple of months and this happens! God damnit I should’ve taken her on tour with me when I had the chance! “Leigh-Anna, why wouldn’t someone fall in love with you?”

“There’s lots of reasons, I’m not attractive, I’m not smart enough and guys will just get tired of me and toss my ass out on the grass when they get tired of me.” She responded glumly, looking at the sparkling blue water.

A.J grabbed her shoulder and made her face him. “Leigh-Anna, listen to me, alright? You’re in the top three of your class, so saying your dumb is a pile of bullshit. You’re gorgeous, and don’t think or let anyone tell you otherwise, got it?!”

Leigh-Anna sighed and nodded her head, not in the mood to bicker with her cousin about herself, especially since he just got home. They remained quiet for a while and Leigh-Anna’s eyes wandered back to the blonde, who was still talking to Brian and Leigh Anne, he had a smile on his face that made her melt inside, she thought he was perfect. Sandy blonde hair, gleaming blue eyes, boyish good looks, a smile to die for and a pretty nice body. Why am I even trying to brother, a guy like that probably has a girlfriend.

She watched him for the while that she and Alex were silent, his eyes were intent on the conversation, but every time his eyes would scan the crowd, her eyes dropped to the pool. Leigh-Anna witnessed him excusing himself from the conversation and went back inside her aunt’s beach house.

“Earth to Leigh-Anna? Are you alive?” A.J joked, poking her with his elbow.

“Wa...Yeah I’m here, just having a day dream I guess, sorry.”

“That’s alright, we all have day dreams sometimes. Now, I don’t know about you but I’m starving, let’s go get some food. Shall we?” He stood up and held out his hand, she looked at him and shrugged as she took his hand. He helped her up and they began to walk towards the doors. Once they were inside, Leigh-Anna took off with Gabriella as they raided the shrimp ring.

Alex was talking to Denise when Brian dragged him out into the hall. “What the hell man?!”

Brian’s eyes looked serious and concerned. “How is Leigh-Anna?” He asked first, warming up to the big problem. He was concerned about her though, they were close, Leigh-Anna was always the little sister that Brian never had.

“She’s good...why do you ask?” Alex asked warily.

“That’s good to hear, but I couldn’t help but notice her constant staring at Nick for the last twenty minutes.” Brian commented, making A.J’s eyes nearly pop out of their sockets.

“How did you see that we were all the way across the yard?!” A.J whispered quickly in a hushed tone, as he and Brian walked deeper into the hall, entering the coat room.

“The only way I know is because Nick was looking at her when she wasn’t looking at him! I think we have a problem on our hands!”

“Ya think?! Jesus Christ the last thing that I want is for them two to get involved with each other! The age difference alone is enough but all the shit that happening and what going to happen! Jeez, this isn’t good!” A.J paced around the tiny coat room.

Meanwhile, back in the kitchen, Leigh-Anna was talking to her father, he gave her the okay to spend a few nights with A.J and Gabriella. Soon after she joined Gabriella, one of her best friends, as she entered the kitchen with two bottles of icy cold sprite.

Leigh-Anna watched as her dad wander off and he and her mother pierce solid cold glances cold glances towards each other. Leigh-Anna shivered shakily, Gabriella sighed and looked at Denise. They both nodded and Gabriella put a comforting arm around Leigh-Anna’s back. “Come on, lets get some clothes for you, then we’ll go back to the house and have a girls night, how does that sound girl?”

Leigh-Anna smiled with gratitude. Gabriella always knew how to cheer her up. She nodded and they said their goodbyes to mostly everyone and began to make their way to Gabriella’s car. Gabriella stopped dead in her tracks, slapping her head a little. “Shit, the keys to the car are with A.J, if it’s open you can get in and relax a little, it’s the Red Jaguar.”

“Ok, thank Gabi.” She said, Gabriella smiled and hugged her before taking off to find Alex.
Leigh-Anna sighed and spun around, going a little too fast to actually observe her surroundings, and not seeing the tall blonde that held her interest for this evening that was walking out of the sitting area, resulting in them both smashing into each other.