- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay guys, I wanted to take a quick second to thank you all for keeping track with Good Girl Gone Bad, thanks so for all the reviews, love, and everything in between, it all means so much and keep an eye out for a sequel to this! I'm glad you liked Good Girl Gone Bad. This, is the final chapter.
Another night was over, the Newfoundland sky was a shade of blue that couldn’t be described, something about the island sky made the whole city of St. Johns calm and relaxed. The trees were darkened around the property, and the highways were the usual busy and flustered highways she was used to, just like Florida, but, a lot cooler and a lot more clam.

The blaring sounds of I Alone came to an abrupt stop when she turned off the radio. She drove her shiny red Jeep into the driveway and waited until the song was over, killed the engine for another night, thank god for Fridays and Saturdays, the only time of the week her ears were calm from the hectic and busy week that was her life on her own. It was also the only time her hectic schedule squealed to a complete and halting stop for two days. But she couldn’t complain, University was going great, she was more than half way through the year, but her marks were average, something that wasn’t going over well with her father, wasn’t going over well at all. There was also something that wasn’t going very well either, something that was going on with her, something that she wished she could take back with every fire that burned in her being. But she couldn’t take it back, no matter how wrong it was.

“Hey sis!” Roman greeted cheerfully, as he was walking across the hallway. The tall, six foot five, light brown haired, blue eyed Roberts, walked into the entrance room and took his little sister into a tight brotherly hug. “How was the day so far?”

Leigh-Anna shrugged, and twigged out of her coat, hanging to on the hook above the brown leather sitting bench. “It was pretty good actually, Professor Green’s wife had her baby last night, she had a little boy, so he wasn’t in class today but he dropped by to pass me my Woman Studies paper before I came home!” She explained, warmed by the new events for her Professor, but when the news was delivered to her this afternoon, all she could do was fake the happiness for him, no matter how close he was to her.

“That’s great! What did you get on the paper?”

“An 82, I think I did well...for getting it done in three days!” She smiled and rubbed her feet, following her brother into the warm house, it felt nice as a shield from the frosty weather. “I’m just glad there’s no snow falling, you know, I kind of like the winters here, there’s no snow, just chilly weather, it’s actually kind of nice!”

Leigh-Anna’s attention snapped to Gina’s voice chuckling as she entered the den, with two big grocery bags rested in her arms, her fiery red hair pulled back into a high pony tail, her warm brown eyes came towards her boyfriends sister, after placing the bags down on the table and took her into an warm embrace, her eyes daring toward Jamie for a quick second, before Leigh-Anna parted away from her, smiling as she got comfy on the couch. “Just wait until the winter hits here full force, then you’ll be singing a different tune!”

“Oh great! Storms, snow, ice, and who knows what else? This is going to kill the uncoordinated like me!” Leigh-Anna said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. She already walked into enough polls and bumped into enough inanimate objects already. “So, anything new with you guys? Anyone call for me?” She added as casually as she could, surfing the channels, and then clicking off the TV, nothing on TV anyways.

“Not much is new, Pizza for dinner, that’s the biggest news story in the Roberts house today!” Jamie said, Leigh-Anna chuckled and looked into her brothers eyes, something wasn’t quite right, there was a certain twinge in his eyes, that wasn’t spilling everything that should be spilled.

“Jamie, is there anything else you not telling me?” Leigh-Anna asked, her suspicions growing by the second, her right eye brown raised and weary.

“Nick called.” Gina stated, breaking the thoughtful, secretive and emotionally stringing silence.

Nick. Someone she hasn’t talked to in the past six months, someone she refused to talk to ever since. She cut off most contact she could, every e-mail he sent, was read, but never replied, every letter sent by mail, was read, then burned and every call that was made her way, was either denied or never answered. She couldn’t do it, she couldn’t risk hurting him, after everything she put him though, she just couldn’t do it.

Leigh-Anna sighed, already feeling the emotions approaching rapidly, not another day he called. “Did he?” Ever since, it happened, she’d been completely ignorant to his calls, emails, letters, any way he could to get in touch with her, was terminated with no reply. No matter how much it was hurting him, the acidic-poisoning, stabbing pain of ignoring him was ten thousand times worse for her. But she convinced herself it was for the better.

“Yeah, I just can’t see why you can’t tell the poor boy Leigh-Anna, he deserves to know what happened.” Jamie said, concern filling his voice.

Leigh-Anna sighed sadly and shook her head. “No, I’m not going to tell him, I’ve put him through enough as it is.”