- Text Size +
Her heels stomped onto A.J’s patio as she pounded her fists against the tall, black door, her anger becoming more and more intense with each passing nano-second. She groaned annoyingly and peered through the curtain that circulated the two stripes of glass, seeing a care hall way but A.J’s sneakers in the entrance floor. Fuck it, I’m just going in!

Leigh-Anna grabbed the door handle and swung it open, looking around the warm house, closing the door behind, slowly making her way throughout the house, her steps grew quieter when she heard, what it seemed like, a severe argument, between A.J and Nick? She quietly tip-toed over toward the den, quietly sticking a small portion of her eyes out into the doorway, peeking into the ruckus.

“Carter, what the fuck is the matter with you?!” A.J roared.

“What the fuck is the matter with me?! That’s not the question to ask, the question is what the fuck is the matter with you?! You’re the one who’s watching her worse than a security guard!”

“I do not! Carter, do you even know how old she is?!”

“A.J I don’t give a damn how old she is, Leigh-Anna and I are just friends, that’s all we are and that’s all we ever will be!”

I hope he doesn’t mean that. Leigh-Anna quietly hoped to herself.

“By the way you were talking about that kiss the other night I beg to differ! Jesus Carter do you realize you’ve planted this idea in her head now, she just a little girl for crying out loud!”

Leigh-Anna reached her boiling point, she slammed both her fists against the door and walked in like thunder pounding against the clouds. “A.J, stop it! I’m not a little girl okay! Stop watching over me like I’m a criminal or something, alright?! I know you mean well but seriously A.J stop treating me like a kid!!” Leigh-Anna screamed.

Nick looked at the furious lady, his brow raised but he was proud of her, it took a lot of guts to do that, finally she caught up with him in that subject. A.J looked stunned, his expression changing from pure hardness to a bewildered and an utterly shocked expression. “Leigh-Anna Banana, I’m only doing this because I care about you.”

Leigh-Anna sighed hard and ran another hand through her locks, she shut her eyelids for a moment and sighed again longingly. “I know you care about me Alex and I love you for that, but I’m not a child, I can make my own decisions, when I need you, you know I’ll always come to for advice but I’m not a stupid teenager who can’t make her own decisions, I’m better than that A.J and you know I am too.”

Nick studied her thoroughly, his eyes running wild, she still had her black short number on, and the blue tank that made her boobs stick out nicely, Nick once again got the naughty thoughts inside his head, and seeing her mad only got him, and Nicky junior down under more excited.

Alex sighed. “Leigh-Anna, I know you’re not a child, but I’m just afraid that...”

“She’ll end up like all my other backstabbing, gold digging, and slutty ex-girlfriends?” Nick finished for A.J, his voice clearly offended and full of hurt. “Thanks for having a lot of faith in your friend, and your own cousin!”

Leigh-Anna watched helplessly as Nick stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. Leigh-Anna’s head snapped over towards A.J. His face was a lot softer now and clearly guilt filled from his recent charade. He stepped forward toward the door, but Leigh-Anna raised her hand, halting him. “Stay here, I’ll go talk to him.”

With that, she walked out of the room and into the hall, peeking out into the patio, seeing Nick’s back against the post, one leg lifted up and the other one lay flat as he stared out into the deep blue coloured sky, he’s perfect features glistening into the soon coming darkness. She gently opened the door and knelt down to his level, his eyes flicked toward her for a brief moment, a small smile flicked across his lips, before returning to the darkened Floridian sky. Leigh-Anna took a very deep breath and reached across his waist, taking his hand into hers, she used her other free hand to guide his chin to look her way, his electrifying blue eyes bolting into her own.

“Nick, I’m sorry about the way Alex acted, it’s just that, he’s always been there for me and he’s done so much for me, I’ve done the same for him, he’s just very overprotective over me but he knows I don’t like it, he just has a problem with letting go. But Nick, the only reason why he’s acting so overly hostile about you and I is because he thinks you’re going to hurt me, and I know that you’ve been hurt many times, I know that neither of us are going to hurt one another, Nick, I really like you and I trust you with everything I am, and the part that’s so scary about it is, I don’t even know you that well, but there’s just something about you that makes me want to try.” She explained in a soft tone, the words seemed to spill out of her mouth like a waterfall, becoming more and more deep and beautiful with each passing word.

Nick looked at her with that look that made her melt on the inside, he studied her intently his eyes narrowing in a soft and caring way, he opened his mouth to speak, but nothing would come out, instead he gripped her hand a little, making her breath in because of his exhilarating touch, he pulled her into him, making her body collapse against the straight piece of wood, putting his arm around her, pulling her close. Letting his senses absorb the moment, feeling this girls warmth against his skin. He released her, but he put a tender hand on her cheek, looking into her. “Thank you Leigh-Anna, and, to be completely honest, I feel like there’s something in you that I wanna know more about. But, it seems that everyone thinks that I’m only hanging around you for sex.”

She smiled.”Let them think what they want, that isn’t the reason why is it?”

He shook his head, hoping to hide the slim bit of truth to her countered question in his response. “Of course not, I’m not saying, you’re not attractive, because if I did, I’d be lying. The reason why I’m hanging around, is, well, obviously I live here, and, you.”

Leigh-Anna gasped, maybe he did want something out of their friendship? “Wow, Nick, I wanna see you more, but, how can we if everyone is so dead set against it?”

By this time they were both sitting upright, her question made Nick think for a bit, he sighed and turned his head, looking at A.J’s front yard. “Maybe, if you’re open to it, we can see each other in private, like, tomorrow night could be our first secret meeting, only if you’re open to it.”

Leigh-Anna smiled, biting the right corner of her lip. “So, you’re saying, we should keep each other a secret?”

“Yeah, basically, but if something deeper amounts in this, then we’ll tell everybody, front and center.”

“I think we should, I want to see where this goes Nick, I really do.” She looked up at him as he stood up, Nick helped her up, they were looking deep into each other’s eyes, Nick making no effort to release his hand from hers.

“I want to see too Leigh-Anna.”

She smiled, Nick mirrored her action. “I also think you should talk to A.J, he knows he went too far.” He turned his head, looking at the door, breaking the eye lock. “But first, I want to do something before I go back in there.” He smirked.

He took a piece of her air and folded it behind her ear, she smiled as he took her lips into a wanting lip lock. Leigh-Anna kissed him back with no hesitation, wrapping her arms and resting them around his neck. Neither of them wanted to part away from each other, but they knew they would have to at some time, Nick parted away from her perfect lips and looked at her smiling face, mumbling the only words he could find. “Wow.”

“I know, you’re a great kisser Mr. Carter.”

“You’re not so bad yourself Mrs. Roberts.”

She smirked and pecked him one last time before she had to take off for the night. “I guess I have to get going, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Do you need a ride home, I can come back here later?”

“No, I can walk, thanks though, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Leigh-Anna kissed him once more, getting another irresistible craving for him and his lips, both of her palms on his upper chest, near his shoulder blades, when she parted away she walked down the stairs and began out of the driveway, Nick watched her, as her head disappeared from the hedges, as she walked home, what the hell was happening to him? What the hell was he feeling?