- Text Size +
Leigh-Anna anxiously walked out of her bedroom and through the hall, her imagination working overtime over tonight’ events may occur, there was something that gave her a bad taste in her mouth, something she didn’t want to do, tell Nick her age, she was a very mature young woman, but there was this feeling in the very core of her stomach that told her that he may not take to the news as well as she would like. Leigh-Anna shook her head, vanishing all the bad alternatives of tonight out of her memory, only tonight will tell. When she finally reached the end of the hall she was taken aback at the scene, Nick, who was looking as handsome as ever, was have a one on one chat with her father. Thankfully, he didn’t look scared and confused like he did with his previous chat with her mother, he looked relaxed, like he was watching a football game with a bunch of friends.

“Good evening everyone.” She greeted politely, coming into the living room, smiling beamingly, the excitement clearly visible in her walk, her talk and her smile.

“Good evening princess, you look beautiful.” Her father complimented his daughter, he looked at Nick and he nodded in agreement. “I was just talking to Nick, getting to know him a little bit more.”

“I could see that, how’d it go?” She asked casually. Her eyes quickly darting toward Nick, when his did the same to hers, she automatically looked away, blushed and the butterflies in her stomach starting to fly in by the hundreds.

“Really well, actually, he’s a very put together young man!” He said, his review positive, Leigh-Anna sighed in relief, Nick did the same, he assisted Leigh-Anna as they both watched as the older doctor checked his watch and nearly jumped out of his shoes. “Holy shit I’m going to be late, I’ll see you tomorrow princess, now Carter, keep your vehicle 85, have her back before midnight, and no funny business, got it?”

“No problem Mr. Roberts, she’ll be safe with me.” He assured him, he nodded and quickly left out through the door, waving good bye, the twosome watched as he hoped into his car and the engine roared sleekly and off he went, on his way to the hospital. Leaving Nick alone with the bodacious girl, he smirked and made his way toward her, kissing her lightly on the cheek, she closed her eyes slightly and savoured the moment of how close the sweet scent of his cologne was to her body. Without saying a word, he took her hand and led her out to their ride for tonight, Leigh-Anna took in the moment as the warm summer air went through her, studying Nick’s perfect features, even from the back he looked amazing. Wearing a pair of blue jeans, and a black button up shirt, that formed a V at the neck line, his hair was spiked and with the traditional watch and even a little beaded Hawaiian bracelet that a fan made him, it absolutely mesmerized her. He opened the door of his Cadillac, she turned to him and smiled as she got in.

“Thank you.” She complimented smiling. He smirked as he shut the door and walked around to the drivers side of the car, he opened his own door and got in, starting the car and turning on the radio, he put his arm on the back of the passengers side and looked out as he drove out of the driveway. He reared the classy car into the street as they drove to the restaurant. Maintaining to steal a glance at her every now and again as she looked out the window. She looked like a million dollars, dressed in a shiny turquoise dress that cut off at the knee, with matching heels and some jewellery, she looked like a movie star. She looked perfect.

“How was your day so far?” He asked casually, not wanting to add in the word ‘school’ , he knew he was on a date with a younger woman, but the question that stabbed him was, how old was she exactly, hoping that the only school she went to was the Floridian University. But he was sure she wasn’t fourteen or thirteen, so that zone he was cleared from, thank god.

“It was good, a little slow but other than that it was good, how was yours?”

“Good Good, we had a meeting today with the rest of the guys, we’re thinking about taking a break.”

This news was new, hit her like a ton of bricks. “What do you mean a break? Are you guys disbanding?”

He chuckled at the alertness in her voice. “No, we’re just thinking about it, at the Grammy’s will announce what we’re doing, it’s just a clean and healthy break, don’t get excited yet, nothing is green lit yet.”

She nodded in agreement, a break would so them all some good, after nine years of solid touring they sure as hell deserve one. When they hauled up into the restaurant, Nick gave his car to the parking valet and escorted her into the beautifully decorated and lit restaurant. The design was unique, the whole entire room was lit dimly, but you could see the people and tables finely, dark browns mixed with orange lit lamps made the whole place look like an Indian palace. So clean and relaxing.

“Wow, this place is really nice!” Leigh-Anna said, as she walked inside deeper, Nick linked arms with her, she automatically snapped her head towards him, his smile made her melt on the inside all over again, every time his perfection looked at her she melted. Once they were shown to their table a waiter came their way automatically.

“Good evening, what would you both like for tonight?” He asked politely in his uniform, beige pants and an burgundy T-shirt, something out of the ordinary but suited the restaurant attire perfectly.

They both skimmed through their menus quickly, looking over the array of food choices they had. “I think I’ll have the Indian styled steak, medium rare.” Nick said to the waiter.

“Very good choice sir, and for you madam?” He asked politely, turning to Leigh-Anna.

“Um, I think I’ll also have the Indian styled steak, medium rare as well.” She said, Nick chuckled, quite impressed, they both handed their menus over to him, the waiter, who, according to his name tag, had the name of Ling, tucked them underneath his arm. After scribbling their orders down onto his little notepad he looked at them both once more.

“Also a good choice, and for your drinks and appetizers?”

“I’ll have a beer, she’ll have a coke.” Nick said bluntly, Leigh-Anna was shocked when he placed her order for her, but the expression on her face was the exact opposite, she was impressed, he actually knew what she wanted for an refreshment, this one was a keeper. “How about we share something for the appetizer? That way, it’s more...intimate.” He smiled.

Leigh-Anna smirked. Intimate with you, any fucking day! “Sure, that sounds like a really good idea actually! How about the fish platter?” She suggested.

“The fish platter it is.” He said, he looked at the waiter, his eyes and expression screaming go away so I could be alone with my female friend! The waiter nodded and scribbled the rest of their order onto his note pad and left them be. Promising their drinks shortly.

“Aren’t you a little too young to drink?” She teased about his drink order, smirking wickedly. “I may just have to tell someone about this Mr. Carter, if you play your cards wrong.”

He chuckled, as his eyes burned deep into hers, both of them envisioning their own naughty escapes with other. “Well then, I guess I’ll just have to deal the right hand.”

After they finished dinner, they had a new sense for each other, the look was much more smouldering, the sexual tension was much more visible as Nick’s Cadillac screeched to a halt, he assisted her out of the car as they took of their shoes off and took a stroll along the sandy haven. Nick’s arm was draped behind her neck as they lightly strode along the beach, the oceans waves whooshing sound against the rocks, making the air even more fresh, the sky was pitch black but the starts twinkled by the thousands making the sky almost look like a disco ball.

Damn she’s so perfect! She looks so amazing tonight, I want to so much more than kiss her! Nick swiftly took both of her hands into his and looked at her romantically underneath the twinkle of the moonlight. Leigh-Anna didn’t dare to speak a word, his stare was captivating, made her not able to utter a word. Nick slowly leaned in, his tender eyes looking at her soft face, his lips covered hers. Leigh-Anna closed her eyes and found her arms sliding up his torso and slowly sliding them to his back, pressing him against her body, this was their moment, Leigh-Anna moaned when she felt Nick’s tongue flicker across hers, just when she wanted more and more he pulled away.

“Why did you do that?!” She asked, her voice high and disappointed.

Nick sighed and pressed his forehead against hers. “Because I need to know the truth.”

She knew it was coming, her hearts pace quickened. “About what?”

His forehead was still firmly pressed onto hers. “How old are you?” He whispered.

Leigh-Anna sighed deeply, her nervousness abundant in her deep breath, before she decided to tell him, she gently placed both of her hand onto his perfect cheeks and drew him in for a short but meaningful kiss. “Nick, whatever happens after this I want you to do one thing for me, remember that kiss, remember everything about it, the way it felt, it way it tasted and the way it made you feel, please just remember that for me.”

“Oh you don’t have to worry about that!” He answered her modestly. “Baby, just tell me how old you are.”

“Oh you’re not gonna like this but Nick...I’m sixteen.” She answered hastily.

He looked at her blankly, hoping to god that she was kidding, when he seen it in her face she wasn’t he released her and ran a hand through his locks. “You’re sixteen?! What the fuck, how in the hell could you be sixteen! You look so much older, but sixteen!! Holy fuck A.J was right, you’re too fucking young!”

Leigh-Anna froze dead in her tracks. “I hope you don’t mean that, I really don’t.”

“Damn it Leigh-Anna, yes, I really mean it, I mean since you’re sixteen there’s no way we can get involved, you can’t drink, you’re not old enough to go into clubs, and, now that I think about it, I have only reason to believe why you only started talking to me, is because...”

“Because you thought I was one of those stupid sluts that used you time and time again, that only wanted a piece of you for your money, and to get noticed by the camera’s!! Well your sadly mistaken, I wanted to see you more because I was actually stupid enough to believe that you wouldn’t care about the age thing, and that you liked me because of me and me alone, but I guess that’s what I get when I trust a pretty boy like you. Take me home right now.” She said, through sobs, she couldn’t control it, after that recent accruement from Nick, her heart sank and then snapped in half.

Nick’s eyes were the coldest shade of blue she had ever seen in her life. “You’re already going.” He growled.

The ride home was quiet, no one bothering to utter a whim, when he reached Daniel’s house, he felt Leigh-Anna staring at the side of his face, he refused to look at her, she quickly exited the vehicle and he could’ve sworn he heard her sniffing when she ran toward her father’s newly bought home, the porch lights weren’t on so there was an automatic clue that he wouldn’t have to deal with him until tomorrow.

For what seemed to be forever, he finally collapsed into bed, his hand holding the back of his head in the dimly lit room, he sighed and the same thoughts ringing around in his head. I can’t mess with a teen...she’s too young...this is wrong...but why does she make it feel so right?