- Text Size +
"See I told you that you would have fun," Nick said as they made their way from the dance floor to the bar. He ordered two more drinks and leaned against the bar.

"I knew I'd have fun, I just don't want to screw up with this tour."

"Bella, its okay to go out. It's part of the job description. And you're already drunk off two drinks." He laughed.

"Am not!" Bella put her hands on her hips.

"I remember when you used to be able to almost out drink me. But I guess after starving yourself for a while will make you a light weight." Bella's eye brow lifted as she shot a glare at Nick. "I was kidding Bella," he handed her the drink.

"Whatever Nick," she took the drink and made her way to the bathroom ignoring Nick call her name out. She went into the bathroom where there were a few girls touching up their make up. She opened her purse to check her phone and saw she had a text from a number she didn't know.

::Where R U?::

::It's Brian. Nick is not answering phone.:: Brian? He hadn't spoken more than two words to her since the tour started.

::Club Float:: Bella texted back and put her phone back in the purse. She took out her lip gloss and applied another coat over her lips, tossed around her curls a little and glanced in the mirror before heading out. Pushing her way back to the bar, she ran into A.J.

"Hey darling, there you are." He said. "Let's dance." He pulled her arm over to the dance floor.

"Brian is on his way I think, he just sent me a text. I didn't even know he had my number." She told A.J. in his ear as they moved their body to the techno music.

"Brian? Doubt it. He doesn't come out. Not his thing."

"That's what I thought but see," she pulled out her phone and showed A.J. the text. A.J. then took his phone out and looked up Brian's number.

"That's not Brian Doll Face."

"I don't know any other Brian's? Brian's that know Nick either."

"No idea. Dance!" A.J. pulled her to him tight and began dancing again to the music. After a few songs, someone tapped Bella's shoulder.

"Let me cut in," he told AJ who only nodded and stepped away.

"What are you doing?" Bella asked annoyed finishing her drink.

"Dancing with you. Look I'm sorry for the comment earlier."

"Nick, there are things you don't know about me and it's not fair for you to judge me."

"I know. I can see things have changed. But I want to be there in your life and know."

"Nick, I just want to dance tonight. No more talking," she put her hand on his cheek.

"Get you another drink?" He looked down at her empty glass.

"Please," she smiled and Nick put an arm around her as they walked to the bar.

"Stole blueberry with vodka and gin and tonic," Nick ordered. He watched Bella sway to the music, the tiny black shorts looked amazing and her legs looked even longer with the black pumps she had on. She wore a silver tank top that drooped over her shoulders and her hair was loose.

"I'm going to run to the bathroom, stay right here?"

"Yup," she smiled and moved closer to the bar with the drinks. She picked hers up and began sipping it. She continued to sway to the music and then someone bumped into her, causing her to drop her drink.

"Excuse me, I'm so sorry!" The man said bending down to pick up the now empty glass. When he stood up Bella realized she knew the stranger that had ran into her.

"Dan?" She asked.

"Isabella, what a surprise seeing you here. Let me get you another drink. Was that stole blueberry and cranberry I smell?"

"It was, but that's not necessary."

"Please," he said and ordered another drink.

"Well, thank you." She said and looked around searching for Nick.

"Are you alone?"

"Oh, no. I'm here with A.J. and Nick."

"They must be crazy to leave you by yourself." Bella was still searching for Nick when Dan pulled a small packet from his sleeve and dumped a white powder into her drink. He stirred it around and handed it to Bella. "Here you are," he smiled.

"Thank you." She took a sip.

"Would you care to dance?"

"Um," she bit her lower lip. "Thanks but Nick will be back any second."

"Are you two together again?"

"Well, no but we did come here together."

"I see." Dan took a sip from his clear drink. "You look beautiful tonight Isabella."

"Thanks," she smiled. "Are you here with friends?"

"They're around somewhere." He said laughing lightly.

"Bella?" Nick said as he walked up to the bar.

"Nick. Look who I ran into, literally!" She laughed.

"Dan right?" Nick asked with cautiousness and moved closer to Bella.

"Right, nice to see you again Nick," he held out his hand. Nick stared at it for a moment before taking it.

"You ready to go dance Bella?"Nick asked picking up his drink.

"Yeah. Nice seeing you again Dan," Bella smiled and walked away with Nick.

"What were you doing talking to him?" Nick asked angrily as they walked to the dance floor.

"He ran into me, dumped my drink and got me a new one. I was just being polite Nick while I waited for you right there! Relax." They started dancing to Lady GaGa's "Just Dance." Five songs later and Bella's drink almost empty she began to feel like she was loosing control over her body. The room spun a little and she felt extremely hot.

"You're wasted," Nick laughed as he caught Bella as she lost her balance again.

"Just a lil," she slurred holding up her index finger with thumb. "I'm gonna go over there and go to the bathroom." She started to walk away.

"Hold it, bathroom is that way," he took her wrist and guided her. "I'll take you," he laughed again.

"This is your fault," Bella said leaning on Nick.

"That you're drunk?"

"Yes."

"Maybe. But you needed it."

"I think I need water. Can you go get me some. There's a line."

"How about I wait first."

"By the time you just order water and come back, I'll still be in line."

"You won't leave this area?"

"No. I promise Nicky," she tousled his hair. Nick gave her a warning glance then headed off to the bar. On his way he ran into A.J.

"There you are, I was dancing with this hottie Nick. You'd be proud."

"Nice. Can you go to the women's rest room and wait for Bella. She's completely wasted."

"Yeah sure. Where you going?"

"Getting her some water then I think we should go, it's already four am. Bar closes in a half hour."

"Oh boy, alright." A.J. told him and headed to the bathroom. He didn't see Bella in line so he assumed that she was in the bathroom.
~*~*~*~*~
When Nick left Bella, she leaned against the wall waiting for her turn to use the bathroom. She just wanted to sleep and couldn't ever remember feeling this way from having a few drinks. Yes, she as a lightweight now but this was different.

"Isabella?" Her name was called and she looked around to see who was calling her. "Isabella, are you alright?"

"Dan?"

"Yeah sweetheart, are you alright?"

"I don't feel great."

"How about I take you to get some air out in the balcony."

"I just want to splash water on my face and I'm waiting for Nick."

"He's left you again I see. There's a fountain out here you can splash your face with." Dan took her arm and pulled her up to him. She fell into his arms and he put his arm around her.

"I have to come back for Nick," she told Dan.

"Of course, I'll take you outside and then come find him." He lead her away from the bathroom.
~*~*~*~
"She still in there?" Nick asked walking up to A.J.

"I guess so, she hasn't come out."

"You saw her go in?" Nick asked.

"No. But I figured she was already in there." A.J. explained. The two waited another couple of minutes and after five girls came out Nick walked up to the lady who ran the bathroom.

"Excuse me, can you ask for a Bella Antanelli please," he told the woman who sat on the stool.

"Sure thing," she stood up and knock on the three stalls. "Bella, Bella Antanelli?" Nick heard three different no's and then began to panic.

"She's not in there," he told A.J.

"I'll go look around here, you go towards the back. Maybe she went outside."

"Okay," Nick's heart raced and he had a sickening feeling in his stomach. He walked briskly searching faces.
~*~*~*
"Where are we?" Bella asked Dan as she struggled to keep her eyes open.

"Outside," he told her. It was the truth, he had brought her outside, but not to the balcony. They were outside of the club.

"Nick?" She moaned.

"He's not here. I've got you no worries," he brought his lips to Bella's red ones and pressed down hard. Bella wanted to scream, to run but her body wouldn't let her.

"You put something in my drink," she told him as he pulled away.

"Just a little muscle relaxer. But I hurry because you're not going to be able to move in another five minutes. My car is right around the corner, I'll take care of you, I promise." Bella fumbled around in her pocket and held down the one. It would connect to Nick's phone and hopefully he'd hear something. She let her knees collapse and tried to look around to see if there was anyone around them.

"Oh boy, come on sweetheart. Best get you to bed."

"Noo," she tried to yell but it came out as a whisper. As Dan knelt down to pick her up, she used all her strength and punched his groin.
~*~*~*~
As Nick searched around, his phone vibrated in his hand. Looking at the number, he let out a sigh of relief and answered. "Bella where are you?" He waited for a minute and then said her name again. "Isabella, this isn't funny!" He pressed his ear hard into the phone and waited. He could hear sirens and car horns beep in the background. Nick then picked up his pace and ran to the exit to get outside. He tried to hear more but there was nothing.
When Nick got outside, he looked left and right wondering which way to go. A few stragglers lingered around outside. Nick used his gut intuition and went right towards the back parking lot, he rounded an old building and then saw a man pulling up a woman from the ground. She looked to be lifeless and Nick saw the dark curls.

"LET HER GO!" He yelled and was no full speed, it only took a minute to reach the end of the ally and he punched the man in the face. Bella fell to the ground and Nick took another swing. "You son of a bitch!" He roared but Dan was quicker, punched Nick in the stomach and ran off.

Ignoring the pain, he moved closer to Bella lying on the ground. "Baby you're alright," he told her. All of his boyfriend instincts coming into play and gently pushed a curl away from her face. Her lip gloss was smeared on her face, but her clothes seemed intact. Nick dialed 911 and explained where he was. By this time there was a small crowd around Nick who hoovered over Bella. After speaking to the operator Nick sent A.J. a text telling him where he was.

"Bella speak to me, let me know you're with me," he took her hand. Bella let out a soft moan and turned her head a little.

"What the hell happened?" A.J. asked pushing through the crowd, there were now two bouncers and two cops. Nick was explaining who Dan was and what he had seen.

A few minutes later and Ambulance rounded the corner with the sirens on and two EMT's came out with a stretcher. Nick watched as the took her stats, put a blood pressure cuff on her and checked her pulse.

"Let's get an O2 on her, she has a low BP. Looks like a contusion to the head."

"I'll get the neck brace on," the other one spoke and Nick only watched,palms pressed into his forehead.

"Does she have any medical history we should know?" One asked as he wrote things down on a clipboard. Nick thought long and hard trying to come up with something.

"I-I dont think so. No."

"How many drinks did she have?"

"Four."

"Any medication?"

"No, I don't know. Is she going to be okay?"

"We'll know more when we get to the hospital. Are you her boyfriend?"

"Yes," Nick lied. Knowing they wouldn't let him go with them otherwise.

"I'll let everyone know what's going on," A.J. said patting Nick on the shoulder. Nick nodded and followed as the pushed the gurney to the ambulances and loaded her on.