- Text Size +
Nick paced back and forth in the waiting room. It had been over an hour since he arrived to the hospital. He was now completely sober and exhausted.

"Isabella Antanelli?" A Doctor came out and Nick turned his attention to the doctor.

"How is she?" Nick asked.

"She's going to be just fine. She's sleeping now. Isabella's toxins came back and it shows she had a good amount of Rohypnol in her system."

"That bastard slipped something in her. She's going to be okay?"

"She'll be fine. I doubt she'll remember anything, which may be better. We are just trying to get her hydrated and then she can go home an a couple hours. She did hit her head, a slight concussion, nothing I'd worry about. You can go see her, room 12 B."

"Thank you," Nick shook his hand and called A.J. to let him know what was going on. A car was being sent to the hospital for Nick and Bella to bring them to the hotel. Nick made his way to the hall where Bella was, found her room. He opened it up and walked quietly to her bed. A single IV was attached to her left arm and an ice pack was on her head.

"Hey you, I'm here," he gently kissed her cheek. "You just sleep some more." He took her hand into his and pulled the chair closer and took a seat.

As tired as he was, Nick kept his eyes on Bella. He knew she hated hospitals and when she woke up, she wasn't going to be happy. Two hours passed and Bella began to make a few murmuring noises.

"Bells?" Nick said softly leaning forward. "Bella, you're alright. It's Nick," he thumbed her cheek and her eyes fluttered open.

"Where are we?" She asked looking around.

"Baby, we're in the hospital. You're okay. Someone slipped a drug into your drink and we had to get you hydrated." Her eyes closed taking it in. She brought her hand up to her head and pulled off the ice pack. "You fell and it your head apparently. How do you feel?"

"Weak," her eyes fought to stay open. "I want to get out of here," she closed her eyes and a single tear dropped down.

"Shh, I'll get you out." He thumbed away the tear and kissed her forehead. Nick pushed the call button and a minute later a nurse came in.

"How she doing?" The nurse asked checking her stats.

"She wants to go home," Bella spoke to herself.

"Who doesn't honey. I'll just get your blood pressure and if it's normal you can leave." Bella nodded and closed her eyes. The cuff tightened around her arm and then released. "Okay, let's take this IV out," the nurse put the stethoscope around her neck and began to take out the IV from her arm.

"Here are the release papers and if you have any problems, contact your doctor or come back in, " she smiled. "Now,you're going to be pretty weak so I'll bring in a chair while you fill this out." She handed Bella a pen and clipboard.

"Here let me help you sit up," Nick put an arm behind her back and helped her to the up right position.

"Ugh," Bella groaned bringing her hand to her head. She sat back and let her head fall onto a pillow.

"Too much?" Nick asked concerned. Bella nodded. "Maybe we should stay a couple more hours."

"I want to be in a somewhat normal bed." She sat up a little bit and signed her name on two sheets. "Can you help me get my clothes on Nick?"

"Yeah," Nick picked up a bag that was on the floor with her clothes. He pulled back the sheets and slowly slid up her black shorts. Bella pulled the rest up and buttoned and zipped them. She then took her arms ouf of the hospital gown and kept her front covered. Nick put her shirt over head a she slipped her arms through the two holes. "You want your shoes?" Nick asked.

"No," Bella leaned back and the nurse knocked on the door to come in. She pushed a wheel chair in.

"You're looking better already, alright stand up slow," she held one arm of Bella's and Nick held the other as they eased her down into the chair. Bella picked up her feet and set them on the rests and Nick gathered the bag with her purse, shoes and bra in it. He followed the nurse out to where a car was waiting for Nick.

"There you go. Take care," the nurse smiled and Nick helped Bella stand up. They walked to the car, Nick could feel most of Bella's weight leaning on him and he was worried if it was too soon to leave. He helped her into the back seat then climbed in and closed the door. The driver told them he'd get them to the hotel in fifteen minutes. The sun was already up, it was eight am. Bella curled herself into a ball and lay her head on Nick's lap. He gently stroked her hair and rubbed his eyes with his free hand.

As promised, the car pulled up the hotel and opened the door for Nick. He pulled Bella to his lap and slid out holding her. Her head rested on his shoulder now and he walked towards the hotel doors. The driver opened the door, Nick nodded his head and went to the elevator. He ignored any looks and assumptions he was getting at that moment; he wanted to get Bella to bed.

Going to the sixth floor, Nick walked Bella to his room since he had his key out already and put it into the door. He gently lay Bella on his bed and pulled a sheet over her sleeping body. Nick then took a shower and brushed his teeth before climbing in bed next to Bella. He lay on the farthest side from her and let out a sigh. His room was thankfully very dark for the thick curtains and he closed his eyes.

~*~*~*~
Nick woke up to his cell phone buzzing every five seconds. He glanced at the clock at it was four pm. Bella was snuggled up to Nick's chest, her arm around his body and he could feel her chest rise up and down slowly. She stirred a little and then opened her eyes.

"Hey," Nick whispered.

"Hey," she whispered back.

"You feel alright?"

"A little. Kinda shaky."

"We should get some food in you. It's a little after four."

"In the morning?"

"Afternoon hon. Come on, I'll walk you to your room to shower and we'll order room service." Nick stood up, gathered his phone, wallet and room key and shoved them into his pocket. Bella was sitting up, her legs dangling over the bed.

"Nick, was it Dan?"

"Yeah."

"I should've listened to you. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You did nothing wrong." Nick took her hands into his and pulled her to her feet. He wrapped his arms around her body and she welcomed the warmth. As Nick was about to let go, she squeezed tighter.

"Not yet," she whispered, her face buried in his chest. Nick held onto tighter, kissed the top of her head and gently rocked back and forth.

"I can feel you shaking, come on," he pulled away just enough so they could both walk out of the room and down the hall to her room. Nick put her key card in and walked in.

"You''ll stay?" She asked before walking into the bathroom.

"Not leaving." He smiled. Bella nodded and walked into the bathroom. Nick noticed how she left the door slightly ajar and heard the shower turn on. He pulled out his still vibrating phone. He had ten missed calls, fifteen text messages and seven voice mails.

He decided to call Brian first.

"It's about time," Brian said into the phone.

"We just woke up Bri."

"A.J. told me what happened. You two alright?"

"Yeah. She's kind of shook up though. I think I'm going to stay the day with her."

"You mean night. Anything we can do?"

"No. How mad is management?"

"Our management is fine, hers ....that's a different story. It will probably be in the press Monday."

"Oh well, she's safe and okay; that's all that matters."

"I know Nick. Are you sure you're okay?"

"It was scary to see her like that Brian. I should've known she wasn't just drunk. I shouldn't have left her, especially when I knew he was there."

"Don't beat yourself up man. You saved her. There's still something there, isn't there?"

"I think so. I don't know."

"Just be careful. She's certainly not the same. I'm a good people reader."

"I know but when we went to bed this morning, it just all felt natural ya know? Like we never broke up."

"Well, we have a show tomorrow so make sure you're good and rested. We have sound check at one."

"Okay. Later B."

"See ya Nick." Nick hung up the phone and picked up the hotel phone to call up room service.

In the shower, Bella scrubbed her body hard. She hated the fact that almost everything after arriving at the club had been erased and couldn't recollect anything. She also didn't know what to do about the feelings she had for Nick. Bella couldn't bare to hurt him again but missed him terribly and he's been nothing but great to her; despite the fact she broke his heart.

After a good ten minutes, Bella stepped out of the shower and grabbed a large white towel to dry off. Wrapping the towel around her body tight, she brushed her teeth, ran her brush through her hair and then walked out to the room.

"Hey you," Nick smiled lying on the bed, arms folded behind his head, feet crossed and watching TV.

"Hi," she bit her lower lip feeling slightly self-conscious. Nick picked up on it and rolled his eyes with a slight chuckle. "What?" She asked digging through her suitcase.

"Like I haven't seen you with less on," he said not taking his eyes off the screen.

"True but I was in better shape," she shrugged her shoulders, took the clothes and went back into the bathroom.

"Bella, you look great. A little thin but you still have a smoking hot body." Nick called out and Bella had a smile on her face as she got dressed. A minute later she re-appeared from the bathroom wearing a black pair of yoga pants and a tank top.

"Should we call for some food?"

"Done. Should be up in ten minutes or so." Bella nodded and took a seat on the other side of Nick and watched the TV. "You okay?" Nick asked noticing her quietness.

"Uhh hmm, yeah." She gave Nick his favorite half grin smile. "A little hungry, a little angry with myself. Thanks for taking care of me Nick." She turned and faced him.

"Bells, you did nothing wrong. And you know I'll always be there, even if we're not together." Nick's voice trailed off as he said the last part. Bella looked him over and was surprised how hurt he still was over their breakup. She heard he took it hard but would've assumed he would've moved on to someone much better than her by this point.

"I want to be here for you too Nick," she crawled next to Nick and lay her head on his chest. With instinct, Nick put his arms around her and closed his eyes.

“Tell me this doesn’t feel right,” he sighed. As he said those words, Bella closed her eyes, inhaling Nick’s scent. “You know I’m right.”

“Nick I” at that moment the door knocked.

“Room service,” a man called and Nick got up. Bella ran her hands through her wet hair and sighed again. Nick then came in with a tray of food and placed it on the bed.

“Hope you’re hungry. Pancakes, fruit, and orange juice since you drink it by the gallon I’ve noticed,” he smiled.

“That’s really sweet Nick. Thank you.” She then stood up and went to her purse to get her medicine. The orange juice reminded her that she hadn’t yet taken it. Tapping two pills into her palm, she closed the bottle and picked up a glass of juice to swallow her pills.

“You take those vitamins religiously huh? I don’t remember you being all about them before.”

“Well, I’m on tour now Nick. I can’t afford to be sick.”

“True. Hey I’m sorry about earlier. You have your reasons, and I respect them.”

“Thank you,” she said sitting back on the bed by Nick who was already digging in. “When and if the time is right, I can hopefully explain it all to you.”