- Text Size +
Story Notes:
There are sex paragraphs in here. There's also foul language. This story is COMPLETE :D Enjoy!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Mary works with her father over the summer sometimes to help him out around the venue/arena he owns.
“Mary, are you ready to go yet?” My dad asked calling my name from the living room. I walked out and looked at him.
“Why do I have to do this again?”
“Because you agreed to do it last week, now the crew needs a little extra help this summer so I offered up my team and two of my guys called in sick and I need you for this. Plus, you love working lights and sound.” He said opening the door.
“Fine, you’re so lucky I do.” I grabbed my purse and we were off to the venue to set up everything. The good thing is, before the band shows up my dad lets me sing to the empty arena. Singing is a big passion of mine and even being on an empty stage is a rush. When I set up sound and checked it I set foot out and told my dad to run the track of ‘Never Alone’, by Barlow Girl. My dad was always really supportive of me singing and I was glad he was involved with music and stuff. I finished up and put the mic on the stand. I heard clapping and figured it was my dad and his friends, but I turned around and there was a boy I’d never seen before clapping. I smiled and said thanks. He walked up to me.

“That was really good.” He said smiling at me as he extended his hand. I shook it.
“Thanks, again. It’s just a little passion I guess. Are you the band that’s playing here because I’ve never see you before?” He nodded.
“I am just one of four guys in the band, the others are backstage getting ready.” There he goes smiling again, it’s getting to me. It’s killing me actually, it’s just like a beam of light, it’s so gorgeous. He was gorgeous.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name, mines Mary.” I said.
“Well Mary, it’s Alex, but you can call me AJ. I’m in The Backstreet Boys.” Then it hit me.
“Oh! You’re the new pop group that started over in Europe right? The ones that are trying their luck here?”
“That would be us.” He put his hands in his pocket.
“Well, don’t I just feel privileged to be here today. I didn’t want to come.” He raised his eyebrows.
“Why’s that?”
“Well my dad signed me on to help him and his crew out, I’m lights and sound today.”
“Try and make me look good then…” He smiled one last time and walked away.

He is gorgeous. Oh my God, I am freaking out here, someone pinch me! PINCH ME!

“Hey, back to Earth Mar.” My dad said pinching my arm. I flinched and held my arm.
“Sorry, I was just thinking about that boy.”
“Oh, AJ. He’s a good kid.” He said pointing to him and then looking at his clipboard.
“Yeah, he likes my singing.”
“Who doesn’t? But, get back there the gates are getting ready to open.” I did as he said and I walked back to run into another boy from the band, and dropping my soda along the way.

“Oh, sorry!” He picked it up and threw it in the garbage for me.
“It’s alright, there’s more where that came from…So which one are you?”
“I’m Howie.”
“That is a great name, Howie. I just met AJ, he’s something.” Howie laughed.
“Yes, he is. But I heard you singing, was it you?” I nodded and smiled. “You are great. And you certainly have a look for the part.” I blushed and put my head down, I didn’t know what to say, this whole band I have a feeling is charming.
“Ha, how old are you?” I leaned against the wall.
“Well, I am 19. AJ is 17. The other boys are Brian, Kevin, and Nick. Nick is 15, Brian is 18, and Kevin is 22.”
“You guys really range in age! That’s like huge differences. I’m 17 too.”
“Oh, I see.” He winked. “Maybe we can catch up after the show eh?” I nodded and watched him walk down the hall.

I’m starting to like the idea of working here a little bit more. He was pretty cute too, I wonder what the others look like, I think I’m going to find them…

I walked down the hall too and out popped another one. He came up to me.

“Have you seen a white T-Shirt with red lines on the sleeves?” He looked really young so I figured he was Nick. I shook my head and he got all upset.
“I’ll look around for you though.”
“Thanks…” He walked back into the room he came from. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around.