- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Marissa comes back...

I am still working on this story, if you've gotten this far, please leave your comments! :D
ONE YEAR LATER (alexander’s first birthday)

“Happy birthday baby boy!” I said getting up from the kitchen table as AJ walked him out to me. He smiled and ran to me and gave me a hug. He has grown so much in the last year and every day he looks more and more like his father. Denise gave us some picture of AJ when he was a baby and he looks exactly the same. At least he got the looks from him. On another note AJ proposed to me 6 months ago and things have just been really good with us. We plan on getting married within the next few months.
“Brian called me and said he was heading over with Leighanne and Baylee now. I told them we were still going to Baylee’s party Saturday.” I looked up at him from Alexander and nodded. Alexander went into the living room to play with his toys and then there was a knock on the door. “And there he is.” AJ went to the door and opened it, but then it shut really fast and I looked over and he wasn’t inside anymore… I went to the window and AJ was talking to some woman. I opened the door and AJ looked over. “Baby, go back inside.” The woman was tall, thin, with long brown curly hair.
“Who is she?”
“She’s no one…” She clicked her tongue.

“I’m Marissa.” I chuckled a little and clicked my tongue right back.
“Why are you here?” I asked putting my hand on my hip.
“To talk to this man about finally paying the child support he owes me…”

“Marissa! I never had a kid with you! When are you going to get over that? Plus, the kid would be over 18 now anyway if I did…which I didn’t.” AJ said to her as I walked up next to him. “You need to leave. It’s my REAL son’s birthday today.” She laughed.

“You actually had a kid with this guy?” She said to me.
“Yeah, I did. I’m also marrying him.”

“Mary, will you please go back inside and watch Alexander.” AJ looked down at me. “Please.”
“You named your kid after him too? That’s so horrible.” I raised my finger and AJ shoved me back towards the front door before I could say anything back. I walked back inside and watched from the window. It wasn’t long until AJ started yelling at her, and she just yelled right back. I put AJ in his playpen and walked back outside and tugged on the back of AJ’s pants.

“C’mon, you don’t need to be talking to her.” I said to him.
“Yeah, Alex. Run away like you usually do when things get a little heated.” Marissa said just pushing him beyond belief.
“Um, one…You have no right to call him by his formal name. And two, you’re fucking crazy if you think my fiancé had anything to do with whatever bastard child you may have.”
“Excuse me? My son is not a bastard child!” She looked over at her car and a boy got out. He was tall, tan, and built like Alex was. He had fair hair with curly locks thrown in, in some places. Kind of like the classic surfer look. “ALEX! This is your son, Eric. Eric this is your father, AJ McLean.”

“Marissa, you’ve made this kid believe that lie?” Alex said looking at her with sad eyes. It really was sad…
“What’s he talking about mom?” Eric said looking at her funny. “You always told me he was my dad.”
“Well she’s lying to you, we had a test years ago, and it came up negative. I have the results in a file in the house. I figured your mother would pull this stunt.” Eric grew upset and angry towards his mother. “Marissa, why didn’t you go to the guy you cheated on me with?” AJ said putting his arm around me and holding me tight around the waist. She shrugged.

“He wouldn’t have amounted to anything…I wanted you to think there was a great man behind you, Eric.”
“Mom, I want a dad!” He yelled at her. “And you kept me from the real one for 18 years! I shouldn’t have agreed to this trip! It was so pointless! When we get back you need to find my real dad mom, I’m so sick of you lying all the time.” Eric walked back to her car and slammed the door as he got in. Marissa gave us one last look of defeat and went back to the car and pulled away, just as Brian pulled in. Alex went back inside. Leighanne, Brian, and Baylee all got out and walked over to me.

“Who was that?” Brian asked me holding Baylee, who was smiling.
“It was…Marissa…Alex’s first girlfriend.” Leighanne gasped.

“NO! What did she want?”
“She tried to pawn her son off on AJ being the father of him…His name is Eric and he was pissed.” We all shared a smile and went inside. AJ was already playing with Alexander.