- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Mary confronts AJ about the rattling truth behind her day dream...
I got up and walked to the backstage area up to my dad, I hugged him. He laughed and let go of me.
“What’s with you kiddo?”
“I love you dad, I would never leave you for years at a time to only see you at big important events…” He smiled softly at me.
“I’m glad, I wouldn’t like that much time apart either…” He roughed up my hair and he and I walked down the hall that was familiar in my day dream. I took a big sigh as the blonde kid (formally known as Nick in my dreams) walked out. He stopped my dad and I.
“I haven’t seen your white shirt…” I said to him. He slumped over his shoulders and walked back into the room he came from.
“How did you know that’s what he wanted?” My dad asked me.
“Lucky guess…” He raised his eyebrows at me.
“Right…you only knew what color and what it was…” He paused. “I forgot something stay here…” He walked back out the hallway. I got my phone out of my pocket and I felt someone behind me. I looked over my shoulder and it was AJ. I looked forward again and felt my eyes bulge and I turned back around normal-like.

“Can I talk to you?” I asked him before he said anything. He nodded and led me to his dressing room. He shut the door. “Look, everything is really weird at the moment. When we hugged, I saw our whole lives flash in front of me! We…we had sex on your bus, we grew up together…we broke up when we were like 19, we HATED each other, you dated another woman, I dated other guys, then we saw each other again. We got back together, we had more sex, I got pregnant, we named him Alexander. Then…I met some girl named Marissa.” His eyes got big. “Then we got married…and I woke up.” He rubbed his chin a little with his hand.
“That’s one of the more weird things I have heard from a girl.” I put my arms over my head and bent down a little.
“I know! And it just feels so real! It sounds so stupid coming from a girl you just met not 5 minutes ago!” He smiled at me.
“How did you know about Marissa?” I sighed.
“Oh God, she’s real?” I sat down on the couch in the room. He nodded and sat next to me.
“She’s got quite a story…”
“Let me guess…You dated for a year and when you were in Europe she told you she was pregnant, but it’s not yours and you know because you had a test.” He leaned back to look at me.
“Do I like know you or something?” I shook my head and put my head in my hands.
“No! You don’t know me, but since everything else is so right…I guess I know everything about you.”
“And this is from a hug?” I nodded. “That is crazy weird. What all happened with us.” I looked up at him. “I mean, since it’s going to come true anyway…”
“No…No! AJ, it can never happen like it did…” He got a little sad.
“Was I that bad a boyfriend?” I smiled a little and touched his leg.
“No, you were a good one, but I can’t have sex with you, and I don’t want to have a kid with you before we got married…before I marry anyone! Well I mean you ended up being an alcoholic bastard, but…yeah.”
“I was an alcoholic?” He put his hand on his chest.
“Yeah, a bad one. That’s why I broke up with you for four years.” He laughed.
“Damn, I suck. I’m sorry.” I stood up and so did he. “Are you telling me I don’t have a chance?” He grabbed at my hand and held it.
“As long as it doesn’t end up like it did in the dream…You do…A very good chance.” He smiled at me and got closer to me and gave me a soft touching kiss on the lips. “and so far it’s not like the dream anymore.” He laughed.
“How’s that?”
“Our first kiss was on the bus.”
“Oh, let’s make sure it isn’t like the dream again…” He gave me another kiss only this one was longer and sweeter than the first. He let go of me and there was a knock on the door. “Come on in…” AJ said walking over to the rack of clothing he had set up. It was my dad who walked through the door.

“Dad!” I went to him and hugged him. “This is AJ…one of the boys in the group.” AJ took off the shirt he was wearing and changed into another and walked over to my dad to shake his hand. “I just made out with him…” My dad looked at me funny and I heard AJ laugh softly.
“I can’t imagine how you told him about sex…” He whispered to me and I hit him in the stomach gently.

“That’s…good Mary, I’m glad you like the band so much. They’re here for another few days you guys should all hang out or something.” I nodded.
“Oh, I planned on it…”