- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Everything gets more vivid to Mary, and the best surprise...Leighanne still exists.
“Oh, I planned on it…” I said to him. We all walked out and I ran into Brian…I’m totally going with my instinctive dream now.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t see you.” He said.
“Brian, this is Mary…I just made out with her.” AJ said laughing while putting his arm around me. And yeah…It was Brian. I’m good.
“That’s really good AJ, I’m glad you know how to do that with innocent, young…attractive girls.” I rolled my eyes at his remark. “Not to offend of course…”

“It’s ok, I understand.”

LATER THAT NIGHT (after the show)

I was listening to my MP3 player as the show finished up. The fans were so loud I needed something to drown them out. I started dancing and when I turned around all five boys were looking at me. I took the headphones off and turned the MP3 player off and put it back in my purse.

“I was bored…” I felt really stupid. I kind of missed the familiar dream. At least then I looked more professional and smart, then crazy and dumb. AJ walked up to me when the boys scattered to get redressed.
“What are you doing tonight?”
“Probably hanging with you guys at Denny’s…”
“You have got to stop with this whole thing…It’s weird. But I like that I don’t have to ask. Is it ok with your dad?”
“Yeah I told him I might be with you guys for awhile tonight, he said ok as long as I make it home in the morning in one piece.” AJ smiled and went to go change. When he came back out he put his arms around me from behind and embraced me. I turned around and returned it. I took a deep breath in, taking in his smell. He smelt really good, I couldn’t trace the smell back to my dream…I liked it. He gave me another sweet kiss.
“You’re going to be different for me, you know that right? I’ve never rushed into a relationship like this before.” I played with his semi-sweaty hair and smiled.
“It’s ok, me neither.” We let go of each other and he took my hand.

“You guys ready?” Kevin asked us. We both said yes and we walked out. I saw the girls from the dream, but I walked on…I couldn’t bring that in…I just couldn’t. We got on the bus and I sat next to Brian…on the floor. We both played each other in a few football video games. He won them all, and don’t think he didn’t let me know it.

“That is the 4th time Mary…You should just kind of give up now.” I hit him with my shoulder and he bounced back and hit me too.
“Fine! But I want a rematch tomorrow…” I sat back up on the couch with AJ. Though the things I had changed were completely different, this all felt the same. I couldn’t help but feel so depressed about it, and it didn’t take AJ long to catch on to it.

“What’s wrong Mary?” He said looking at me.
“I don’t really know…”
“Are you still upset over that daydream. Mary, it’s just a dream…”
“AJ, right now my whole life is one big déjà vu. It’s not going away.” Howie sat down next to me. “Oh, for heaven’s sakes.” I said smiling a little and looking at Howie. “Hey.”

“Hey, I’m Howie we never really met.” I nodded and he extended his hand in generous friendship and I shook it.
“I’m Mary, Howie.” We got to Denny’s and all got out. We were seated in a huge booth in the corner, when AJ started talking about my day dream to the other boys.

“What? No way?” Brian said getting all interested. As well were the other boys. AJ had me start from the beginning to the end and not skip on details. We sat there for a good 2 hours of me just talking about the crazy dream I had. Brian laughed when I finished. “Well at least I met a nice chick huh?” A waitress came over, blonde or more like the fairest hair I had ever seen. She was just gorgeous…then I read her name tag and stood up.
“Oh my God, you’re Leighanne!” She looked at me kind of funny.

“Yes, that’s my name.” I looked at Brian.
“This is her! This is exactly her! Oh my God this is so weird!” She looked at me for a second and he eyes got a little wider.

“Mary?” I stepped back in amazement. “Oh my God! Mary? I just had a crazy day dream earlier and you were in it!” I laughed and jumped up a little. “You all were in it!” She looked around the table at the guys she clearly knew. “But we didn’t meet like this…”
“I changed a few things earlier with them…” I said just as content as could be. “I guess fate has a funny thing of working everything out.” She gave me a huge hug.
“I’m so glad a friend like you exists!” I grinned a little and all the boys got out of the booth to just meet Leighanne.

“You two are some strange girls…” Brian said just smiling his great smile away at Leighanne to win her over ahead of time. She hugged him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She let him go and looked at me.
“Do you think Sarah or any of those other girls had the same dreams?” She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

“It’s possible, but who knows until we meet them…” I looked at AJ. “That means we might break up still AJ…and that means you might still be an alcoholic later on.” He put his hands in his pockets and just looked around at the guys and myself and walked out of the restaurant.