- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Mary gets to know each boy a little more, especially AJ.
“Are you following me?” AJ said. I giggled.
“It seems to be you coming up to me, bud.” He thought for a second.
“Touché.” He put his hands on my shoulders and moved me out of the way for a tall guy to get through. AJ stopped him.
“Kev! This is Mary, her dad helps run this place.”

“Pleasure to meet you Mary, but I’m on a mission to find Nick’s shirt.” Then he was off.

“He’s a nice guy, doesn’t talk too much though.” I bit my lower lip.
“I was actually on a mission to find the other members to meet them, I need one more.” He put his arm around me and led me to another room with the last boy in it.
“Brian, this is Mary. Her dad helps run this place.” Brian waved to me and did a little dance which was really random. AJ laughed. “Dude, you are so weird.” Brian agreed and shook my hand.

“It’s nice to meet you; clearly you are following the wrong boy around, how about you let me have her AJ?” I was just bawling in laughter.
“I think I should get going.” I looked at my folder and the show was going to start in 15 minutes and I still needed to get all the mics out.
“I’m just kidding, but it was nice to meet you. See you again, I assume.” I nodded and left the room. AJ followed.
“I’m beginning to think you are following me, Mr. AJ.”

“No, but I was wondering if you wanted to hangout on our bus after the show? We’re here for a couple days. Since you know them all now.” I picked up the mics and headed on stage and he still followed.
“I’d have to ask my dad, AJ. I just met you guys.” I put each mic down at equal distances from each other.
“I know, but this way you could get to know us more.” I heard screaming fans who were watching the countdown clock outside. The show had 5 minutes before opening. I plugged them all back into the amps and we headed off stage.
“Ok, I will. Go get ready!” I shoved him and he smiled and turned and left. I put my hand on my head.

“Someone has a little crush on a pop singer.” A guy said to me, I turned around. It was my ex-boyfriend Mark. He and I weren’t really friends. He got a job with my dad when summer started, which meant I would see him more than I wanted to.
“Look, he’s just a nice kid. They’re all nice.”
“Whatever, I know that smile. It’s the same smile you had when we met.” He put his arm around me.
“Get off me, I’m not with you anymore and I can like whoever I want to like without your permission. I’m not your little toy like I used to be, that’s why I broke up with you!” I threw an empty soda can I found on a table at him. I walked outside and sat on a bench. I heard music start and I knew the show was going on. But at the moment I had no desire to go watch them perform. There were girls across the street hoping for someone to come out to take pictures with them. I got up and walked over to them.

“Why are you all out here and not in there?” I asked a girl.
“We’re from London. We had planned on buying tickets when we got here, but they were all out.” There were 10 other girls agreeing with her. “So we’re hoping they’ll come out here after the show and we’re first in line to see them.” I looked at the bus behind me.
“I see, well this is their bus. I’m actually hanging with them tonight.” They gasped.
“You know them?” I nodded.
“Well, I just met them. AJ invited me to chill tonight.”
“Can we take pictures with you?!”
“Ha, alright then!” I took pictures with every girl standing out there, simply because I was hanging out with them for a night. I waved good-bye and I left them pretty satisfied.

I got back inside and on the TV was the boys of course. I sat down next to my dad and watched. They were really good, and they were even better with the girls. AJ and Nick were off the stage wooing the girls they touched. There must have been thousands of them out there and only a select few got to touch them. It was complete madness.

AN HOUR LATER

I was working on the sound board turning everything off when I felt a cold can touch the back of my neck. I shivered and looked and it was AJ.

“Did you ask your dad?” I nodded.
“He said it was ok, but I have to be back before 1am.” AJ gave me a thumbs up and all the boys and their bodyguards left, me included. We walked outside and there were the girls still, screaming and waving at me. I nudged AJ before he got on the bus. “Those girls came all the way from London to see you guys and didn’t get tickets.” AJ talked to the guards and the boys and next thing I knew they were over there hugging and taking pictures with them. Before we left the girls all thanked me and gave me hugs and more pictures. I got on the bus the guards got on theirs. I sat down on the couch and kind of looked at them all. They were just as energized as they were before the show started. AJ sat next to me.
“Cool huh?”
“What?”
“The bus?”
“Oh, yeah it’s really nice for five crazy ass boys.” He hit me playfully. I couldn’t help but know I liked him. It was really hard to act like I was just a friend or just a girl who just hangs with them every so often. I wanted him.

“Hey, how’s it going?” Howie said sitting on the other side of me.
“Oh, hey. It’s been really fun so far, you guys are all really nice people.”
“Good, I’m glad.” AJ stood up and gave me his hand again. I took it and he wanted to show me the bus.