- Text Size +
THE NEXT MORNING

My phone rings and I reach in my bag and get it out and it’s my dad so I answer it.

“Hello?” I said sitting up in bed and rubbing my eyes.
“Mary, when are you coming home, it’s nearly twelve.” I looked at the clock and was kind of shocked.
“We were all up late last night I’m just now getting up, but last night something happened.”
“Are you ok?” He said worried.
“I’m fine, I’m better than ever actually.” I realized AJ was no longer in bed with me and I didn’t like that. “AJ and I are kind of dating now, and he wants me to finish off this US tour with him.”
“What about school? That does start up in a month.”
“I know, but maybe I can get an on road tutor, like the boys have, or I can just take the classes with AJ since he is my age.” He sighed.
“Ok, but you need your stuff anyway. Don’t expect this all the time, I still need to know where you are and everything, call me every day or I will call you ok?” I shrieked.
“You’re the best dad!” We got off the phone and I opened the door and found AJ and Howie playing a game on their playstation. “AJ!” He looked at me a little scared. “My dad said I can go on tour with you guys!” He got up and came over to me and hugged me.

“Ahh, I’m so glad!” He gave me a kiss.
“I need to go to my house and pack though…”
“Get dressed then!” I laughed and turned around and he smacked my butt. I looked at him and blew him a kiss. I put my pants back on and put my hair up in a ponytail and walked back out and heard AJ and Howie and Brian all talking.

“Did you guys have sex last night?” I heard Brian ask. I snuck into the bathroom to listen more.
“That’s really not your business dude. I have more respect for her than that.”
“Well, since clearly you did, was it…good?” Howie said.
“Ahh…You guys.” AJ paused. “Since I was a virgin yesterday before I met her and now I’m not, it was probably the best I’m ever going to have. She was amazing…I’m glad I’m with her. Not just for that, but because she seems to understand me, and want to be with me. I really like her.”
“Do you love her?” Brian said.
“I could see myself loving her, but its way to early to tell.” I reshut AJ’s door and walked back out. Of course, I’m happy/thrilled AJ likes me so much so the sex talk doesn’t bother me. AJ stood up.

“What are we doing?” I asked him.
“We can get a cab or something…” I nodded and we got off the bus and AJ called a cab down the road from the hotel we were at. Only the managers and promoters got hotel rooms because of the budget, which sucked for the boys I think.

We got to my house and paid the cab and went inside. My dad greeted us with smiles and shook AJ’s hand.

“You going to take care of my daughter, son?” AJ laughed and nodded in agreement. I took AJ’s hand and we went to my room. I opened my closet and drawers and threw pretty much everything into my largest suitcase. I eyed AJ looking around. He picked up a picture frame of my mother.
“How come you don’t mention your mom, it’s always your dad?” AJ asked.
“Well, she died when I was 6.” AJ looked at me.
“Oh, I’m sorry…” He put the picture frame down.
“It’s ok, I didn’t really know her, so it’s hard to miss someone that’s never really been there. My dad told me she was a neat lady, so I imagine her to be pretty nice.” I walked over to him and looked at the picture. “What about your dad?”
“He and my mom divorced when I was two, and he hasn’t been in my life since…” I rubbed his back.
“So, I’m mom-less, and you are dad-less. We make a great pair.” He smiled and kissed my forehead.

A FEW DAYS LATER

We’re in Illinois, but specifically Chicago. I’m standing out back talking to AJ’s bodyguard Marcus while he has a cigarette. He’s a really funny guy and nice to talk to. I look over and see the exact same girls I saw at the concert I met AJ at. I laugh and walk over to them.

“You girls are just following them hardcore!” I hugged them all and they smiled.
“We’re only going to a couple more concerts, we’re all homesick by now.”
“OH! Guess what!” They all said what at the same time. “I’m dating AJ now!” They all shrieked and congratulated me.
“THAT IS SO COOL!” Amber said, I found out her name was Amber this time. She’s the one that usually talks to me. “Is he nice?”
“Beyond nice. He’s a great guy. I’m really happy with him.”
“You must take pictures with us again!” I laughed and agreed. I took a million more pictures with them and even with some girls who were just there and were from Chicago. Marcus walked up to me.

“Need any help?” He asked me.
“They’re all pretty well tamed Marcus, I’m not AJ now.” He smiled. I heard the girls shrill and I look at the door and AJ came out. He jogged a little towards me.

“What are you doing…Hey, aren’t these the same girls from last time?” I nodded.
“They’re really following you guys around.” AJ put his arm around me and they were all taking little pictures.
“This is my girlfriend now, or did she tell you that already?”

“Oh, she told us man.” Amber said laughing. “That’s really cool, Mary is nice.”
“Isn’t she?” He kissed the side of my head. “I’m taking her away from you all now though, sorry I need her more!” He said jokingly. We all went back inside and we headed to his dressing room. I sat in a chair and closed my eyes.

“How long until the show?”
“A couple hours.” He said in response. I opened my eyes and he was shirtless looking for a new shirt now. I got up and hugged him from behind. He grabbed my arms and turned to face me. He gave me a couple good kisses. He put his forehead against mine. “Mmm…I really like you.” My heart skipped a beat or two.
“I really like you too; you’re the sweetest guy I probably know.” I wrapped my arms around him.
“Good, I want you to like me. I don’t see myself without you now. It’s so weird.” I smiled and let him go.