- Text Size +
ON SET OF THEIR FIRST MUSIC VIDEO “WE’VE GOT IT GOIN’ ON

It’s been 3 months since I started seeing AJ and we’re still together. We actually haven’t been intimate since that night, which was just fine. It showed me that it wasn’t all we needed to be together. We’re going strong and I’m really happy with him. I’ve been on tour with them since then, well except for a week I went back to my home to be with my dad for awhile, I missed him. I went to regular school again for that time too. My friends were buzzing my ears with questions about the band and everything that’s going on. Right now they are getting ready to finish up the third day of shooting their video for their first single here called: “We’ve Got It Goin’ On”. It’s hot out and they’re all a little testy with how early it is. For some reason this was not a good day to be around The Backstreet Boys. Well just get rid of Brian from this, he’s always a good character to talk to. He was a happy camper.

“Mary, please. I just need some water.” He said taking a swig from his water bottle.
“AJ you’ve been in a shitty ass mood all day! All of you have.” I said flipping a page in my magazine not looking at him.
“I know, and we’re all sorry. But we’re doing a lot more these days with our fame rising.” He put his sunglasses back on and left to finish the rest of the scene they were doing. I watched him walk away, and from nowhere he picked up a swagger walk which took me by surprise. He had never walked like that. I was hoping it was just for effect of the video, he was outcast as the rebel of the group because of his vocal range and how he likes to dress. This is something else he picked up not too long ago. He’s changed a lot, but he’s still my baby, and I…I think I love him.

“Alright! That’s a wrap for this video!” Everyone clapped, including me. I was so done with this video it wasn’t even funny. I stood up and gave a hug to Lou, the boys’ manager. He was leaving a little early to go with the editors to try and get the video out sooner. AJ came up from behind me and hugged me.

“Finally, it’s done.” He kissed my neck.
“Yeah, finally. I’m so sick of being in this park.” I laughed and he let go of me.
“I know…Let’s get out of here.” He took my hand and we followed Brian and Nick to his car. We’re in Florida where the boys are stationed and I am finally going to meet AJ’s mom. He talks so highly of her that I can’t help but be nervous and excited at the same time! I was also going to meet his grandparents who’ve been with him since he was little too.

Brian dropped us off and AJ got our bags and before we got to the front door and before Brian pulled out of the driveway, his mom came running out. AJ put the bags down and hugged her tight. It was a really happy site to see. AJ seemed so relieved to see her and be in her arms. AJ’s grandparents walked out and he walked up to them and gave them hugs too. AJ’s mom looked at me.

“You…You must be Mary!” She hugged me. “AJ speaks so highly of you; you make my little boy very happy!” She let me go and looked at me for a second. “You are quite the beauty.” AJ came over and put his arm around me.
“Isn’t she great mom?” He asked her. And she nodded. I was happy that I had been immediately accepted by her. I was so worried. AJ grabbed our bags again and we all went inside. His grandmother and grandfather both gave me hugs and told me how pretty I was. I had never blushed so much in my life. It was unbelievable how nice they were.
“We have to go out to dinner tonight!” AJ’s mom said rubbing his head and hugging him again.

“That sounds really nice…” I said to her. “We haven’t done that in awhile, huh AJ?” I nudged him.
“No we haven’t…We usually just kind of fend for ourselves.” AJ stood up. “But I want to show Mary around the house ok mom?” She said ok and he took my hand and we headed upstairs. He opened a door and smiled at me. It was his room. It wasn’t like the time he had been in my room, for some reason my heart fluttered being in his room. We walked in and he shut the door behind him. I looked at all the pictures he had.
“How long have you been performing AJ?”
“Since I was like 7. I love it, there’s nothing better.” I laid on his bed.
“Where am I sleeping? I know your mom won’t let me still sleep with you…” He laid next to me.
“You’re staying with me; I’ve grown attached to you being next to me at night.” I smiled at him.
“Yeah, but I’m sure your mom will have a problem with it, hun.” He closed his eyes for a second. It seemed like forever since we’d said a word to each other. After awhile I had closed mine too.
“Mary?” I opened my eyes to find him already looking at me with wide eyes and a sly grin.
“What?”
“I have something to tell you…”
“What, you’re making me nervous.” I laughed a little.
“I…I think I love you.” I sat up and so did he. “I’m sorry if it scares you…” He was freaking a little. I touched him.
“No…It doesn’t! I was just thinking today about that…How I think I love you and everything. It’s still a little early for us to be saying it, but I do feel it.” He grinned and hugged me. I closed my eyes again and took in the scent of him. How could I feel so much about this boy I have only just met 3 months ago? “Why do you always smell good?” I asked as he let go of me.
“I don’t know, I feel like I stink with how hot it is outside.” He touched his shirt a little and we both stood up.
“Do your grandparents live here?” He shook his head.
“No, they have their own place. This house is kind of big for no reason. I’m the only one who sleeps up here, my mom is downstairs.” I looked around the room a little more; it really was filled with pictures. Not just from shows he’s done, but from friends and all his family.

AT DINNER THAT NIGHT

AJ’s grandparents ended up having other plans so it was just AJ, AJ’s mom and I.

“So tell me, how did you guys get together?” AJ’s mom (Denise) asked. I choked up on my drink and set it down. AJ was looking at me and he put his hand on my thigh.
“Her dad ran the place we played at in Indiana. She was lights and sound as a fill in for another guy. I kind of followed her around.” I smiled and winked at him.
“Aw, that is too cute. Alex you always were the following kind, after a girl that is. In the pack you’re front and center huh?” Denise said getting all giddy. “You look like a very nice girl, Mary.”

“Thanks, I just think I got lucky with AJ because I actually had planned on stepping out for my dad to hang with some friends…” She nodded a little.
“Why do you still call him AJ? Alex you did tell her your real name, yes?” I laughed and gave a look at AJ.
“Yes, it’s Alex.”
“Well, Alexander.”
“That’s a great name, really classic. Good choice.” I gave Denise a thumbs up and she laughed a little. “But I guess I never call him Alex or anything is well, you know I think it’s just cause it’s easier. And Alex is a little formal. Like he’s in trouble or something. But where does the ‘J’ come from?”

“My middle name is James.” AJ said after he sipped his drink.
“You have the greatest name!”
“What’s your middle name, love?”
“Elizabeth, which is far too fancy for someone like myself.” He sighed.
“I think you’re pretty perfect.” Denise clicked her tongue in aw.

“You two are too precious. Alex, you’ve done pretty well. Considering your last girlfriend…” Denise rolled her eyes in discontent.
“Alright mom, I know.” I was really confused.

“What?” I looked at Denise and then to Alex and back to Denise.
“Well, his FIRST girlfriend Marissa, about a year and a half ago, was a clown. She used him and he wouldn’t listen to his mother. He was so blind-sighted by her looks. From the moment I met her I knew she was no good. She crushed my little baby.” AJ’s hand left my thigh and I saw his head drop. I put my hand on his and he slowly put his hand over mine.

“She called me when I was in Europe, and told me she was pregnant. But since I’m a virgin…” (not true anymore, his mom doesn’t know) “it couldn’t have been mine, but she tried to tell me it was and about some crazy night when well we got drunk. We had a test and it wasn’t mine. Which means the girl I was with for a year, cheated on me.” I had no idea what to say. How could he be over this girl? In just a few short months he met me…And we had sex. Why would he wait to have sex with her and then not, and not me? I don’t understand. Where do I fit in with all this? I was a rebound…