- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
We meet Leighanne in this chapter.
For the rest of the dinner, I was quiet except when Denise would ask me a question. The ride home…silent. I didn’t hold AJ’s hand, and I didn’t want to.

I was in the bathroom changing and brushing my teeth when a knock on the door came up.

“Yeah?” I knew it was AJ since it was upstairs and Denise was downstairs.
“What’s wrong with you? You’ve been real quiet all night.” He said sounding a little sad. I rinsed my mouth out and put my hair in a ponytail and opened the door. He had an arm against the frame of the door. “So?”
“So what?” I asked walking back to the room.
“What’s wrong with you?” He shut the door and I sat on the bed and took my earrings out and set them in my purse.
“I’m just a little confused, ok?” I looked up at him.
“Why?” He sat next to me on the bed.
“You told me it had been years since you dated anyone, and apparently Marissa and you started dating a year and a half ago. And why did you not have sex with her after a year, and then meet me one day and just do?” He looked a little stunned and he put his hand on his cheek and got up and went to his side of the bed.
“Look, you’re not…” He paused. “You’re not a rebound girl if that’s what you think.” Cha-Ching right on the money boy. “I really did feel something with you, and I’m not ashamed of us having sex. I’m ashamed of Marissa as being my first girlfriend. The first girl I kissed, the first girl I hugged, held hands with, and introduced to my family.” He looked at me. “I want YOU to be my first girlfriend and totally forget about her. Everything with you feels so new and so real to me.” He was so good with words that I hated myself for giving into him so easily.
“Baby…” I leaned over and kissed him. “I want you to be my first everything too.” There was silence and something happened…I looked in his eyes and there was a gleam in them. Something new was there and I didn’t know what.
“Mary, I love you.” He said after awhile. I gave him a kiss.
“I love you too, Alex.” He smiled and led me under the covers.

We shared another intimate moment together, and this time was different, we were really together. Every second touching his body and feeling him all around me made me fall more and more in love with him. Every kiss on my body or my lips made me feel secure. Every time he was in and out of me, was pure happiness. I had never felt so right in my life.

We finished and got dressed again and crawled back into bed with each other.

“I hope my mom didn’t hear…” He said laughing as he looked in my eyes. I agreed and kissed his nose.
“I really do love you, AJ.”
“Call me Alex, baby…And I love you so much.” I closed my eyes and felt him kiss me one more time and then we were asleep. And in Heaven was where I seemed to be. With the perfect man, in the perfect life.

ONE YEAR LATER

I can’t believe where my life is. I can’t believe where Alex is. I can’t believe where the band is. In one short year, the boyband that was once not known has blown up. Magazines, Television, Radios and every other sort of communication choice. They are wanted by every girl in America and every photographer wants their picture. They’re in every girls room on walls, pillow cases, shirts, and all that sort of merchandise that they offer. It’s crazy. I even get harassed, through emails more. Fans telling me how they are the better choice for Alex, and let me tell you…They’re freaking crazy.

“Oh my God!” I said yelling at my laptop. AJ looked at me.

The boys still had little money, but the managers finally gave each boy their own bus! So we have more time alone. We’re on tour again in the United States for the same CD that we did just a year ago. Only this time, there are nearly thousands more people at the concerts.
“What?” He asked.
“This girl just emailed me saying how I suck at being your girlfriend, and how I should always be with you.” He laughed.
“Is she talking about the one concert you weren’t at?” I nodded.
“Yeah, listen. ‘If I were his girlfriend I would be at every concert, event, and showing he was at! It’s important to him and it should be to you too!’ She is crazy.” I deleted the email. He sat next to me and I put the laptop away and cuddled with him and he kissed the top of my head.

Alex has grown. He’s taller, tanner, and even more handsome than the day I met him. He even has a couple tattoos, which just adds to his bad-boy image. It’s ok with me, as long as I still get my little teddy bear at home.

He and I moved in with each other a few months ago, but we haven’t been home since the day we got all settled. It’s literally sad. We almost never fight, and when we do it’s over little things like who left the car door unlocked.

The bus stopped and AJ looked out the window.

“Ah, we’re here.” We got up.
“Yippee.” He looked at me.
“Tell me you’re not bored of this already? Baby, this is my life we’re talking about.”
“Calm down Alex. It was a joke.” I put my hand on his arm and walked off the bus. Fans were surrounding us. This was possibly the biggest group of girls I’d seen yet. Marcus ran through the girls and to us. With AJ, I’m part bodyguard, his life is just as important as mine now. We all pushed through the crowd to the safety of the backstage area. We got in and started laughing.

“Ms. Mary, we need to get you a bodyguard yourself…” Marcus said giving me a little smile.
“No, I don’t need one. No one wants me.” AJ put his arm around me.

“I do, silly.” I smiled and gave him a kiss and with that he was off to his dressing room. I sat down on a couch in the big hall and closed my eyes for a second then I felt someone sit next to me. I opened my eyes and it was Brian’s new girlfriend Leighanne that he met at the set of their music video ‘As Long As You Love Me’. I smiled at her and sat up.