- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Mary and Leighanne talk about their future friendship.
“How are you doing?” I asked her. “I know this might be a big change for you, huh?” She laughed innocently and smiled.
“It’s really different, traveling the world and seeing the boys get attacked by teenage girls.” She paused. “How did you meet AJ?”
“My dad worked at a venue that they were playing at and he had asked me to help out backstage because he was short a guy for the job. AJ kept following me around, and finally he asked me to hangout. We were all up really late and ate at Denny’s, it was a lot of fun back then. Lately it’s more serious, less time for fun…” I frowned when I thought about AJ a year ago. “They’ve all changed so much…Well except for Brian maybe.” She smiled. “He’s still a crazy character. If he ever changed the world would be less happy. It’s been real fun with them though…You just have to love the boys.” She sighed in relief.
“At least I have someone to hangout with…What did you since the other boys didn’t have girlfriends?” I giggled a little bit.
“They had girls every so often. Brian dated Samantha, Howie was with Claudia for awhile, she still comes around sometimes. Nick is still too young he says to date anyone.”
“But still, what did you do?”
“I hung around with the bodyguards, people running the venues, I am dating AJ so I saw him often.” She laughed. “But I hangout with Howie a lot, he’s like my best friend. He really understands me.”
“So why aren’t you with him?” I looked at her kind of funny and thought.
“I’m not in love with Howie…” I said scooting to the edge of the couch. “I’m in love with AJ…He’s the last person I like to see before the end of the day, and the first person I want to see in the morning. I crave just everything about him…Lately he’s been…Well drinking.” Leigh looked a little surprised.
“But he’s not legal yet.” I nodded.
“I know, and I hate that he does, he’s not the same when he does. He scares me a little.” She hugged me and we stood up.
“You and I are going to be around for awhile though.” She said stamping her foot down. I laughed and put my arm around her and we walked back into where everyone was. It was a mess. The boys were rushing and so were all the extras. We looked at each other. Leighanne stopped Brian. “What’s going on hun?” He smiled.

“They’re starting the show earlier than expected so I have to hurry.” He gave her a kiss on the cheek and me too and rushed back off to get changed.

“You’re lucky to be here with us, Leigh.”
“I’m happy to be here, I’m an actress and all, but this life is so much better. Spending it with a guy I really like and a girl who is there with me.”
“You and I, girl, we’re gonna be friends.”