- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
AJ goes a little crazy at the club...
LATER THAT NIGHT AT A CLUB

“Mary! Over here!” Leighanne was waving me over to a table she was at with Brian. AJ followed me over there with his hand on my back. We sat down with them.
“This is a really nice club, I’m glad I’m 18 now.” I smiled and looked at AJ. He was looking around and he flagged down a waitress and whispered something in her ear. She smiled and winked at him and walked away. I pretended to not see it and looked back over at Leighanne who clearly saw it and was disgusted and kicked my leg. “I know, Leigh…I saw.”

“What?” AJ asked.
“Nothing, baby.” He raised his eyebrows at me and gave me a kiss.
“What?” He asked again in a whiney voice after I just looked at him.
“What was that? With the waitress?”
“I asked her to bring me a drink.”
“Why did you have to whisper it?”
“It’s loud in here baby.” He fixed my hair behind my ears and gave me another kiss. “You know you’re the only girl I whisper sweet nothings to.” I melted every time he would say things like that. It killed me that I just couldn’t stand up to him with how adorable he was. I’m just afraid of being alone after all this time with him…The waitress came back and gave him a drink and he handed her a five and told her to keep the rest as a tip. She grinned and walked away.
“Alex, is that alcohol?” He put his hand over my mouth.
“Calm down…” Brian put his hand on my shoulder.

“What are we supposed to do about his drinking, Mar?” He whispered in my ear. I shrugged and watched as AJ took a big swig of the drink to finish it and cringe a little. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the booth and took me to the dance floor. Leighanne and Brian followed. AJ found the same waitress and told her to bring him another one, and she just agreed. He pulled me close with one arm and we swayed to the music. Every beat pulsing through our bodies, and every vibration was felt. The waitress came back and he took the shot and handed her another five and he pulled me close again. I was merely disgusted by his attitude, but to turned on by his body against mine to want to not be with him at the moment. He turned me around and I dropped down and I felt his hands glide around my butt and to my hips and pull me back up. He started kissing my neck and running his hands up my body. I looked at him and he looked back at me and smiled a little.

“You’re naughty…” He said laughing a little.
“I learn from the best.” He kissed me. The waitress came back with two more shots for him and he pounded down both. This time, I walked away from him and his antics. I got my bag from the table and I felt someone grab at my shirt, it was Leighanne.

“Where are you going?”
“AJ has had three shots and one big drink that I don’t know what it is, in the last 10 minutes. I can’t stay around and wait for him to get totally trashed.” I said to her.
“He can’t leave here by himself, he might do something stupid.”
“You and Brian are still here.” She put her hands on her hips. “Mary…you can’t make us his baby-sitters.”
“I’m not his baby-sitter either, Leigh!” She had me sit down at the table. “I don’t know why he’s doing this again. When he was younger and dated a girl named Marissa she said they got smashed together one night and she tried accusing him of getting her pregnant…But he was a virgin. He vowed to not to that kind of thing again…” Her jaw was wide open.
“After something that serious, I wouldn’t!” She said to me with sorry eyes. About 5 minutes I looked up from the coffee that I ordered and saw AJ looking around the crowd and then back to where I was at the table and he came back over and sat next to me.

“Where did you go, baby?” He pushed my hair away from my face.
“I couldn’t watch you drink.” I looked at him and he kind of backed away.
“It’s just for tonight…”
“You’ve been drinking a lot more lately though.” He sighed.
“I like to ok?”
“You’re not old enough to, now you need to stop, or I’m gone.” He looked at me, but it wasn’t sad…It was angry.
“What the fuck makes you think you can give me ultimatums?” I pushed him out of the booth and got out.
“I did.” I pushed him again and walked out of the club.
“You were easy anyway!” I heard him say outside. I stopped and looked at him. He put his hand on his face and ran it through his hair and walked to me. “I didn’t mean that, baby…” My eyes were watering. The moment I had never wanted to face was crying over someone like this. He tried hugging me and I shoved him.
“Don’t touch me! You’re just…You’re just a big jerk! I always have followed you around and watched you live your life! You sing and dance for millions of girls, but you can’t seem to remember the one girl that is supposed to mean everything to you!” I shoved him again. “I let my life slip by me so I could see you so happy with music! I left everything behind and my dad alone for a year and a half to be selfishly with you! And this is how you repay me? You tell me I’m easy, and how I can’t tell you anything because you’re some sort of god now?!” I hit him continuously and he pulled me into a hug.
“I didn’t mean it, I didn’t mean it at all, baby girl…I’ll stop drinking. I will, I promise! If this is what it’s doing to me, I’ll stop.” I was crying and for once he was actually caring. He embraced me strongly and held me for a long time. He kissed my head. “You’re not easy; you were a bitch to get…” I laughed. “Remember how you didn’t want to be with me?” He held me back and I nodded and cleared my eyes of tears. “Don’t listen to me, I’m stupid…I don’t even deserve you. You’re such a great girl to leave everything to be with me.”
“You do to deserve me; you’re just not doing the right thing…ok?” He smacked his lips and nodded. He kissed me and I put my arms around him and he did the same. I put my hand on the back of his neck and ran my fingers through his hair. He put me up against the building. He stopped kissing me and laughed.
“We should stop this…” I agreed and gave him one more kiss.