- Text Size +
Story Notes:
A BSB fic with a bit of Nsync crossover...
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is my story 'Where's Nick' it was posted a few other places but I think I should post it here :)
Where’s Nick?
Part 1.

The only sound that could be heard in old Victorian Style mansion was the sound of soft singing. If one strained their ears enough they could have told you that the voice that could be heard was that of AJ McLean. Another sound that could be heard in the house was that of footsteps.
Brian Littrell paced hungrily up and down the corridor every two minutes stealing an angry glance at the phone. Where the hell is Nick? He kept asking himself. Brian paced for a few more minutes, every minute that passed his stomach’s grumbling got louder and louder.
R-R-RING! R-R-RING! Brian found himself jumping at the sound of the phone, but quickly recomposed himself and reached over to pick up the phone. If that’s Nick, he’s dead meat, Brian thought as he picked it up.
“Hello?” He said, or rather barked, quite angrily down the phone.
“Is this Mr. Brian Littrell?” Asked a hard voice from the other end.
“Yes?” Brian replied curiously, once he realized that it wasn’t Nick’s voice.
“I’m Officer Pearle, calling on behalf of the police department to say that a body was found today and we’d like you to come down and identify it,” the man, Officer Pearle, said.
Brian stopped, and as he did so he could swear so did AJ’s singing. “What do you mean?” Brian asked the officer, and there was a pause.
“Well,” the officer began, “The body that was found is suspected to be that of Nick Carter, you do know this Nick yes?”
Brian slowly nodded, “Uh, uh.” He was trying to fathom the idea of Nick, dead in a ditch. No wonder he hadn’t been back so quick.
“Mr. Littrell?” Officer Pearle asked, realizing that Brian hadn’t said anything.
“Yes? Don’t worry we’ll be there in half an hour,” Brian replied and hung up. He was shocked at what he’d just heard.
“Hey B-rok, who was that? I hope it was Nick with the food I’m starving,” Howie Dorough said entering the room and looking quizzically at Brian.
“That was the police,” Brian managed to say after a while.
“The police? What did they want?” Howie asked, now definitely confused. Brian looked up at his friend and just as he did so Kevin Richardson and AJ walked into the room.
“They found Nick’s body, and they want us to go in and identify it.”

All the guys could not believe it, the body they had just seen was definitely Nick’s. There was no mistaking it; it had the same blue eyes, and the same blonde hair.
As they drove back to the house in silence they wondered how on earth they would break the news to their manager and Nick’s family.
“We could just tell them he’s sick,” AJ said, trying to avoid the subject to telling anyone about what they’d just seen.
Kevin, the oldest of the group, shook his head. “No, they’d figure it out after a while that we were lying when he didn’t turn up for shows,” Kevin said, and Brian nodded in agreement.
“Yeah, Kev’s right. We need to come up with a better excuse than that,” Brian replied and they all nodded in agreement.
“Why don’t we just tell them the truth?” Howie said, and the others looked at him doubtfully.
“What truth D?” AJ asked him, “We don’t even know the truth.”
“Well we know he’s dead,” Howie said stopping everyone by announcing the reality. They all agreed and there was a short silence.
“Look,” Brian said after a while, “Why don’t we just go home and get some rest? I’m sure everything will clear up in the morning.” The others nodded in agreement at this suggestion and Kevin told the driver to take them home.
They drove up the long and narrow road back to the villa. As they drove Brian couldn’t help wondering how strange it was that Nick was found dead. He hadn’t even expected it, no one had. Just then their long silence was interrupted by the sound of Brian’s phone ringing.
“Hello?” Brian asked lazily, not bothering to sound cheery, because he wasn’t.
“Hey rok?” asked the voice on the other end, and Brian sat right up. “What was it you wanted on that pizza again?”
“Nick?” Brian couldn’t help asking.
“Yeah dumbass, of course it’s me, who’d you expect it was?” Nick’s voice asked laughing.
“But it can’t be, you’re dead,” Brian said in reply.
“If I was dead would I be talking to you now?” Nick’s voice asked again, and Brian shook his head.
“No, but we saw the body...” Brian began but he was cut off.
“Hah rok, you crack me up. See you guys in a bit, and tell Bone not to go through my things! Bye!” And the phone left dead. For a minute Brian just sat there staring at the phone in utter shock.
“Who was that man?” Kevin asked after he saw Brian not responding.
“Rok?” AJ asked, he too had seen the shock in Brian’s face.
Brian looked up at his friends, “That was Nick and he wanted to know what type of pizza we wanted.”