- Text Size +
Where’s Nick?
Part 10.

As the other boys were sitting outside, waiting for the party to finish, AJ found himself stuck in a room with the dead Nick Carter. At first AJ found it unsettling, but as time went on he made himself come to terms with the fact that his friend was dead, and some impostor had locked him in a room with the body.
At least you’re not dead, AJ thought to himself, trying to encourage the thought that maybe he might be found. I wonder how he got the body in here without been seen, AJ thought again and sat as far away from the body as he could. This meant that he ended up sitting in a small corner of the room.
“I wonder if they’ll find us,” AJ found himself saying to the dead body, “And if they do buddy I’ll give you a proper funeral and shit.” AJ looked over to Nick; the body had begun to smell. “Fuck dude, you stink,” AJ added and held his breath, looking away from the body. He stared aimlessly at the wall, praying that by some miracle one of the others would walk by the room and help him out.
A few minutes passed and AJ had just about given up hope when the door slowly opened. “Thank god!” He yelled throwing himself at the person who’d entered the room, but was found to be thrown back.
“Get off!” The person said, “I just came to check that everything is in order.” AJ looked up from the spot where he had been thrown to see if he could see who was speaking.
“Oh my God! It’s you! So you’re the one behind this!” AJ said stunned, when he saw who was standing over him.
“Yeah, get over yourself Mclean,” the person answered and looked back over his shoulder, making sure he blocked the door so AJ couldn’t escape. “He’s still alive, unfortunately,” the person called to his friend, who was hidden from AJ’s view. AJ looked out the door, but saw nothing. AJ presumed that this stranger was obviously the new Nick’s partner in crime.
“So you and he are in this together?” AJ asked trying to way some time in case someone just happened to walk by and see Nick’s dead body in the room.
The person glared at AJ, “Shut up Mclean. If we hear one more word out of you you’re really going to get it.” AJ looked up, and said nothing. “Got that?” The person asked rather viciously.
“Y-Yeah,” AJ replied, he was a bit shocked as to how this person had changed in so little time.
“Good,” the person said, “See you in a bit.” He smiled wickedly at AJ and slowly turned on his heel, walking out the door, slamming it shut behind him. After he was gone, all AJ heard was the locking of the door, and his heart dropped.
Great, he thought, now what do I do?

The party had begun to decline, and it was getting late. Okay, so it was becoming morning and Brian, Howie and Kevin still had no clue as to where AJ was. They had hidden in the bus for a long time now, waiting for the party to end.
“Okay, let’s go,” Brian ordered as he saw the last of the party goers leave the house. He clambered out of the bus, closely followed by the other two.
“So where do we go from here?” Howie asked Brian as they hurried down the road to the front door.
Brain looked back at him and shrugged, “I don’t know. All I know is that we’ve got to find Bone in case something’s happened to him.”
“In case?” Kevin asked. He had been the only one of them to start panicking about AJ’s safety ever since they’d been sitting in the bus. “We don’t even know who Nick really is; he may have found Bone before us and offed him.”
Brian looked back at his cousin, “Kev, stop being so dramatic. I’m sure Bone will be fine.” But as he said this both Howie and Kevin notice his voice rise, Brian was not as calm as he seemed to be.
They continued to walk in silence, and as they reached the front door of Cameron Diaz’s house, Chris, JC and Joey from Nsync were leaving.
“Hey dude!” Chris and JC called out to Howie.
“No man, we don’t have time,” Brian hissed in Howie’s ear, as he stopped to greet his Nsync friends.
“Sorry guys but we’re in kind of a hurry,” Howie said, as if that explained everything.
“Where to?” JC asked as he approached them, “The party’s over.” The three members of Backstreet looked at each other for an answer, wondering if they should tell their counterparts what was going on. Kevin decided not to hide anything.
“Inside, we’re going inside to look for Nick and AJ,” Kevin said, and the three members of Nsync looked at him quizzically. “They never came out of the party,” Kevin added and they all ahhed.
“Well I saw Nick still in there,” Chris told them, “I don’t know if that’s any help.” Kevin smiled appreciatively at Chris.
“It is, thanks,” Kevin said and he, Howie and Brian once again made for the front door.
“Wait,” JC said, and the three Backstreet Boys looked back at him. “Is Nick okay? He’s been acting so funny lately.”
Howie smiled and shook his head, “You got that right man, he has.”
“Well what’s been going on?” JC asked and Howie looked at his friends, wondering if he should say anything. Brian nodded, giving Howie the cue to tell them.
“Well…” Howie began, and then proceeded to tell the three Nsyncers what had been going on in Backstreet camp over the past few days.
Once he was done Chris looked at them, “Well, do you want help looking for AJ and Nick?”
“I don’t...” Kevin began but Brian stopped him.
“Why?” Brian asked, looking suspiciously at Chris.
“Well, we just know the house better than you guys would. And our friend is dating the owner, so by my guesses it would be easier to get in with us,” Chris replied, and Brian realized he was right. There was no way in hell, that Cameron Diaz would let the members of her boyfriend’s enemy just walk into her house and begin searching it. They needed the Nsyncers whether they wanted them or not.
Brian nodded, “Okay I guess.”
“Good,” said Chris and walked up next to Brian. “What are we waiting for? Let’s go find AJ and Nick!” Brian looked at Chris, to try and see if he meant it. He did, and as Brian will tell you later on, he knew this because he saw it in the older man’s eyes. Chris really wanted to help, genuinely.
“After you,” Brian said, and gestured for the three Nsyncers to go ahead of him. JC and Joey followed Chris, and before they knew it all six of them were inside the house looking for AJ and Nick.

They entered the house without much drama, and when they did so Cameron had hastily left, telling them to make themselves at home and lock up when they were done. At first, none of them really had any clue where to look, so they decided to split up.
“Okay,” Brian said taking charge, after he realized the others were beginning to get freaked out by the darkness. “Me, Kevin and Howie, we’ll go this way,” he said, pointing in the direction of the basement. “We’ll search that area of the house.”
“And me, Joey and Jayce will go that way,” Chris finished pointing in the other direction.
Brian nodded, “Good, and when we find something we meet back here.”
“Sounds like a plan to me,” Howie said, very quickly. He was eager to get started and find his friends.
“Okay then,” Brian said, “Let’s go, see you dudes in a bit.” He headed for the basement, with Kevin and Howie close behind.
“Yeah, see you in a bit. Come on guys,” Chris said to JC and Joey as he headed in the other direction.
“God, I hope we don’t find any dead bodies,” JC said as he and Joey followed Chris, he didn’t realize then how right his words would be.

“Fuck it is dark.” AJ’s eyes flew open; he could swear he heard a voice. “Why did we agree to this again?” There it was again, AJ sat silently wondering if this was another one of his captors he hadn’t met.
“Oh shut up Joe. We did this because we want to help, and it’s the right thing,” Another voice said, AJ listened for more. “In any case, I’m sure we’ll find either AJ or Nick soon and then we can get out of here.” Upon hearing his name, AJ let out a sigh of relief, it was okay.
“Let’s go guys, there’s nothing here,” a third voice said, this time AJ panicked. He realized that they were going to leave him. Upon realizing this he flung himself at the door and started banging on it.
“Help! Help!” He screamed, hoping they would hear him. “I’m in here! It’s me AJ! Help!” He tugged viciously at the door knob, hoping upon hope that it would open. It didn’t it was tightly shut.
“Did you hear that?” The first voice asked after a while.
“Yeah, it came from behind that black door,” the second voice replied, AJ saw this as his chance and began to bang on his side of the door again.
“Help! Can anyone hear me! Help me! I’m locked in here with a dead body!” AJ screamed even louder, and continued banging.
“Oh my God,” The second voice said again. “Jayce, quick help me open this door.” AJ paused, did he hear right? Did they just say Jayce? As in JC Chasez?
“JC?” AJ called, “Hello? Anybody?” There was a silence; he did not care if a member of Nsync was coming to save him, all he cared that he was being saved.
“AJ are you in there?” Asked the second voice, that AJ clearly recognized as Chris Kirkpatrick’s.
“Oh God yeah!” AJ called, “Chris is that you? Help me!”
“Yeah it’s me,” Chris replied, “Look stand away from the door, me, Joey and Jayce are going to try and break down the door.”
“Okay,” AJ called back and stepped away from the door. He waited for a while, and then noticed the door shake.
“Okay, one two three!” Chris yelled and a few seconds later, he came tumbling into the room followed by JC and Joey.
“Thank God!” AJ called throwing himself at Joey, who very defensively pushed AJ back.
“Yeah, cool it with the affection dude,” Joey said unable to notice the relief in AJ’s voice.
“Oh fuck,” Chris said, interrupting their interaction.
“Oh shit,” JC’s voice followed, and both Joey and AJ looked over to where JC was staring.
“Oh yeah that,” AJ said, JC and Chris had just noticed the dead body on the bed. A body of Nick Carter.