- Text Size +
Where’s Nick?
Part 12.

“What do you mean you heard voices?” Chris asked as AJ stumbled up from the basement, panting out the whole scene he’d been witness to.
“Yeah man, I think you’re going nuts,” Joey added smirking at the panicky AJ. “Not that he already isn’t.” JC let out a low chuckle.
“I heard that Joey!” AJ snapped as he tried to catch his breath. “What I meant was that there are two of them, the ones that I know about and they’re down in the basement, tying people up.”
“Tying people up? Come on Mclean, I think being locked up in a room with a dead body has gotten to you,” Chris replied not believing a word AJ was saying.
“No guys,” AJ said as he leaned against the wall. “I’m serious, we have to get down there and help who ever it is.”
Joey shook his head, “Hell no, we said we’ll help find you and we did. Our job here is done.”
“Then why are you still here?” AJ asked looking angrily at Joey. “If you think your job is done, then go.” He pointed at the front door, and nobody moved.
“No Mclean,” Chris said, “We’re not leaving without you.”
AJ looked at him, “Well I ain’t leaving without my band mates.”
Chris nodded in understanding, knowing how AJ felt. “Yeah dude, I get that,” Chris said standing up and walking over to AJ, “Okay so where’d you hear these voices again?”
AJ smiled appreciatively at Chris, “Follow me.” AJ stood straight up and began heading down the dark stair case. JC and Joey were the only ones to not follow him.
“Come on guys,” Chris said, but the two men shook their heads. “What if it were me, Justin and Lance down there?”
“Well now that you put it like that,” JC replied and Chris nodded. “Okay, let’s go Joe.” Joey hesitated, but JC dragged him down the stairs behind him.
“Hey Mclean, wait up we’re coming,” Chris called in a whisper to AJ, and followed him down to the basement, with a timid Joey and JC close behind him.

“God damit, I can’t see shit,” Joey’s voice came from somewhere behind AJ. AJ turned around to face, what he thought, could be Joey.
“Keep it down Fatone,” AJ snapped, “Or do you want to be caught and tied up as well?”
“Well...” Joey began but Chris interrupted him.
“No he doesn’t. Let’s keep moving,” Chris whispered and they agreed. They walked for a bit in silence, no one saying a word as they were all too afraid to get caught. After a few minutes they reached the door where AJ had heard the voices and they stopped.
“I think this is it,” AJ whispered to Chris, who nodded in the dark.
“Okay guys keep it down so we don’t get caught,” Chris told Joey and JC.
“Did you go check on our friend upstairs?” A voice said after a while. All of the four men looked at each other; they knew the voice belonged to the new Nick.
“No,” said a second voice. “But I think it’ll be okay, Cameron said she’ll keep an eye on him in case anything funny goes down.” There was a gasp and AJ turned to face where it had come from.
“What?” He whispered, as he saw the shocked looks on Chris, Joey and JC’s faces.
“I know that voice,” Chris whispered back so he wouldn’t be heard.
AJ nodded, “I know, even I was shocked when I saw him.”
“You saw him?” JC hissed in a low voice.
“Yeah,” AJ whispered back. “Dumbass showed himself to me when I was trapped in that room.”
“I can’t believe he would do this,” Joey whispered after a while, “Why would he do that?”
“I don’t know, but we’re going to find out,” Chris whispered back, and even though his voice was low you could hear the authority of it.
“We shouldn’t just barge in there,” JC whispered holding Chris back as he realized his friend was getting ready to enter the room. “I mean shouldn’t we have a plan?”
Chris looked back at them, “Why? He lied to us.”
“Yeah, but you know how he is. He will manipulate the situation too quickly. After all, this is Justin we’re talking about.”
“No shit Sherlock,” Chris replied, and they got ready to confront the two men.