- Text Size +
Where’s Nick?
Part 13.

The first thing AJ saw when he burst into the room after Chris, Joey and JC, were his band mates tied up. The second thing he saw was the fake Nick sitting at a low, broken table with someone, someone who just happened to be Justin Timberlake.
“What the fuck?” the fake Nick asked standing up as he realized what had just taken place. Justin slowly turned round, at his friend’s shock.
“What are you so shocked about?” Justin asked, and then his mouth dropped. “Holly fuck.”
“You got that right Timberlake,” Chris said, his voice booming with authority. “What the hell are you up to?” Justin looked at Chris speechless.
“I, we, I, um…” Justin sputtered, unable to find the words.
“You got it,” Chris interrupted, and looked at Nick. “And you!” Chris’ voice boomed even louder this time.
“Yeah? What about me?” Nick asked, he seemed to be more together than Justin.
“You killed Nick!” AJ yelled interrupting Chris’ invasion of words. The Nick looked at AJ, and laughed.
“You figured that one out all by yourself did you Mclean?” He asked, his voice becoming richer.
“It was his idea!” Justin suddenly yelled pointing at the Nick. The Nick looked at him, and for a moment did not say anything.
“Why you little asshole!” the Nick called and launched himself at Justin who darted behind Joey for security, but Joey pushed him in front.
“Oh no you don’t,” Joey said shoving Justin back into the line of fire of the Nick, “I ain’t going to save you this time Infant.”
“Joe, guys come on,” Justin pleaded, looking at them helplessly.
“Please what J?” JC asked, “You helped kill and kidnap someone!”
“I didn’t mean to! He made me!” Justin said again pointing to the Nick, who began to launch himself at Justin, but Chris grabbed his shirt to hold him back.
“Oh no you don’t,” Chris said and shoved the Nick back down in his chair. “JC and AJ go untie those three.” Chris ordered once he’d gotten the Nick firmly in his grip and nodded in the direction of Kevin, Brian and Howie. “And Joe, hold down the Infant and make sure he doesn’t disappear, I’m going to get some answers from this thing.”
“Thanks man,” Howie said as AJ and JC helped untie him, Brian and Kevin.
“Yeah thanks,” Brian and Kevin said together. Once they were all untied, and Joey had Justin firmly in his grip they all turned their attention to Chris and the Nick.
“What the fuck were you thinking?” Chris was yelling at the Nick. “And who do you think you are?”
“I’m Nick!” The Nick yelled in fear, under Chris’ grip.
“Don’t fool me boy!” Chris yelled, “I saw the body up there, and if you by some miracle came back from the dead, you are not Nick!” Chris shoved the Nick into the chair; everyone was amazed at his anger.
“W-what? Don’t you recognize me Chris?” the Nick asked once he could speak.
Chris glared at him, “All I see is a man pretending to be someone he’s not! I don’t know who you are!”
The Nick stole a look at JC, “Jayce man? Joe?” Both JC and Joey looked at him confused.
“All I see is a fake Carter,” JC replied bluntly and Joey nodded in agreement.
“It’s him!” Justin suddenly yelled. “It’s him!” Justin struggled to get out of Joey’s grip but Joey hand a tight hold of him.
“Stop struggling Timberlake,” Chris snapped, “Who the fuck is Him? I don’t read minds you know!” Everyone in the room jumped at the anger in Chris’ voice, they could tell he was loosing patience.
“It’s me, Lance,” The Nick said, and Chris shot a sharp look at him.
“Lance? You can’t be, Lance is in Russia,” Chris snapped, but the Nick shook his head.
“No I’m not. I told you I was so I could go ahead with our plan. But some dumbass messed it up,” the Nick, who was now Lance, said stealing a dirty look at Backstreet.
“Plan? What plan?” Chris asked, and Lance shook under his grip.
“The plan to become a Backstreet Boy,” Lance whispered, and the rest of Nsync looked at him with shock. They could tell Lance was upset at his decision.
“A Backstreet Boy?” Chris boomed glaring at Lance. “What about Nsync? Do we not mean anything to you, presuming you are Lance?”
Lance let out a whimper, “What do you mean do you mean anything to me? What about me to you?”
“So that’s what it’s all about,” JC interrupted realizing what Lance meant.
“Jayce please, not now,” Chris snapped and glared at Lance. “Of course man! We’re you brothers! Is that why you did it? Because you didn’t feel like one of us?” His voice softened a bit at the realization, and Lance slowly nodded.
“Yeah,” Lance whispered, you could hear the tears in his voice. “I never felt like part of the group.”
“Well you are, were,” Chris said, and glared at Justin.
“Yeah, now you messed that up, for both of us man,” Justin replied glaring at Lance. “What man? What?”
“What? What about you?” Chris asked Justin angrily.
“I, well, I was just helping out a friend,” Justin said and he looked away from Chris’ look. Everyone could tell he was hiding something.
“Yeah right, tell it to the cops,” Chris snorted and took out his cell phone and dialed 911.
“What are you doing man?” Justin asked with fear.
“I’m calling the cops,” Chris said calmly. “Hello? Yes police? Yeah, this is Mr Chris Kirkpatrick from Nsync. Yes, thank you. I want to report a murder. Yes, and I have them right here. Okay, I’ll keep them tied up until you get here. Thanks bye.” Chris hung up the phone and Justin and Lance looked at him with mouths open.
“You can’t be serious man,” Justin said and Chris looked at him.
“I am,” he replied simply. “Okay guys, let’s tie these two psychos up so they can tell their story to the cops.” They all agreed and helped Chris tie up the two men.
After they were done AJ asked, “What about Nick?” Chris looked sympathetically at him.
“We’ll let the cops sort that out,” Chris said. ”Now we sit and wait.” And they did, they waited for Justin and Lance to be picked up by the police, so they could tell them their story.