- Text Size +
Where’s Nick?
Part 6.

As Brian walked into the ice cold morgue, he knew something was up. It seemed as if everything was not in place. Brian made his way towards the reception desk where a lady in a tight baby blue suit, and dark brown hair was sitting looking through the files.
“Um excuse me?” Brian asked her, the lady continued reading and did not look up. Brian tapped his hand lightly on the bell that lay on the desk and the lady looked up, her eyes Brian noticed were that of ice-blue.
“Yes?” She asked with a bit of irritation in her voice as she looked somewhat right through Brian. This gave him the chills, but he continued anyways.
“Yeah hi. I’m Brian Littrell and I came a few days ago with my friends…” He began and the lady smiled, she seemed to remember him.
“Oh yes,” she said, her voice still cold. “I remember, you came to see the body of a Mr…” She quickly scanned the files to come up with the name, “Nick Carter?”
Brian nodded, “Yes, and I was wondering…”
“Sorry but the body has been moved,” the lady interrupted and Brian looked at her shocked.
“Moved?” He asked her, and she icily nodded.
“Yes, to an undisclosed location,” she replied as if this solved everything.
“Well, can you tell me where?” Brian asked, but the lady shook her head.
“Sorry, that information is classified,” she replied. “Only family and friends are allowed to know the location of the body.”
“But I am his friend,” Brian said stressing his words. The lady looked through her files again.
“Sorry but your name is not on the list. Good day,” she replied and went back to her reading. After a while she looked up, “Is there something else?”
“Yeah, what do you mean my name is not on the list? What list?” Brian asked confused.
“The list that tells me if you really are a friend of the deceased,” the lady replied, but Brian vigorously shook his head.
“But I am his friend,” Brian said again, “His best friend.” The lady smiled and tried to smile sympathetically at Brian.
“You must be a fan, I was told about you folk. I’m sorry but if you’re not on the list I can not say where they took the body,” the lady smiled and Brian looked at her with disbelief.
“I am not a fan!” He snapped, “I just want to know where you sent my friend’s body.”
The lady shook her head, she was not giving in. “I’m sorry but..” she began but Brian held up her hand to stop her.
“Its okay, I know. I have to be on the list,” he said giving up and began to leave.
“I’m sorry?” The lady asked as Brian exited the morgue, but Brian just shook his head. He could not believe that he had to be on a list to see his dead friend, a list he was not on.

“List? What list?” Kevin asked as Brian relayed to them what had happened to him at the morgue.
“That’s what I said,” Brian replied, “Apparently we have to be on a list in order to know where they took that body.”
“But why would they move it?” AJ asked confused and Brian shrugged. “Didn’t we tell them to keep the body until we could get his mom to come down here?”
“Yeah,” Howie replied, “But ever since then we’ve been busy with the new Nick.”
“Howie’s right,” Brian replied. “So maybe they thought that since we didn’t come back we must have wanted it moved.”
Kevin shook his head, “No they can’t just move bodies like that, they need permission.”
“Yeah but whose? We obviously didn’t say they could, and his family still think he’s alive,” Howie replied, it was true this new Nick had been talking to Nick’s family like the old Nick would have.
“D is right,” Brian said, “Who in God’s good earth would move Nick’s body and not want us to see it?”
“Well isn’t it obvious?” AJ answered, and everyone but Howie shook their heads.
“Come on guys. That THING is obviously not Nick, so it would be right to presume he is the one who doesn’t want us to see the body. He knows we’re on to him,” Howie replied nodding his head.
“Yeah,” Kevin replied in agreement. “I mean if that really isn’t Nick, then it must be someone else pretending to be Nick who doesn’t want us to find out who he really is. So he got the body moved, but who would do such a thing?”
They all sat there for a while trying to answer this question, but the thing was no one could come up with an answer. “You know,” AJ said after a while, “There was something eerily familiar about the way he danced.”
“Yeah Bone, I got that feeling too,” Brian agreed, “I mean it was strangely familiar, but from where?”
“I don’t know,” Kevin answered. “But who ever it is, we need to find out who they are and why they doing it.”