- Text Size +
"Megan. We have to talk. Come outside with me." He waled to the back door. When I just stood there he asked, "Please Meggie."

I put my drink down, and followed Alex outside. We walked over to our swing. Alex was still sore, so he leaned against the tree, while I sat in the tire.

"Meggie? Are you gonna talk to me?"

I looked up at him. "Alex. I don't know what to say."

"Say what's on your mind. Just let everything out. Meggie, it's me. Tell me. Just say it."

I stood up. "Alright! You want me to say it? I'll say it!"

I began to speak louder than I intended. "I'm fucking in love with you! I have been since we were teenagers. I thought these feelings went away bu they didn't! I thought that seeing Nick would make them go away, but it didn't!"

I stopped to breathe.

"Meg-"

"I'm not done yet! The situation between me and Nick..that day we almost had sex! And what stopped us..was me moaning out your name! I don't want to lose you. I don't know what to do to make this go away. It just won't!"

I crumbled to the ground. Alex sat down next to me, slowly. I could tell he was in pain. He wrapped his arms around me tightly and I leaned against him.

As I laid in his arms, I whispered repeatedly, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Shhh..Meggie. Don't be sorry. You can't help who you fall in love with."

I sat up and looked at him. "I know. That's why I'm sorry. And I understand if you leave again. It's ok."

Before he could answer, I walked back inside and went upstairs to my room. I turned on my computer, and put my music playlist on shuffle. As I laid on my bed, How Did I Fall In Love With You came on.

I groaned out loud and asked myself. "Why out of 1,000 fucking songs does this have to play first!?"

"Maybe it's trying to tell you something."

I heard his voice and looked at the door. I saw Alex walking towards me and sat up in bed.

"Alex I'm-"

Before I could finish, his lips were against mine. After a few seconds, I realized what was happening, so I kissed back. He deepened the kiss and added his tongue. He put his arms around my waist, and I wrapped mine around his neck. He slowly laid on top of me, as I played with his shirt.

Slowly I peeled the shirt off of him and ran my nails down his spine. He began to take my shirt off, when he winced in pain and rolled over onto his back.

"Oh, I forgot about your surgery. You're supposed to be resting."

"I know. I just...I just want you so bad."

"Alex?"

"Meggie, I'm in love with you. I always have been. I just thought you wouldn't feel the same way. That's why I left that day. I realized it, and I jnew I couldn't have you, so I left."

I snuggled close to him and kissed his chest. "I love you Alexander James McLean."

He kissed the top of my head, "I love you Megan Ann Sanders."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course baby girl."

"What are we going to do now?"

He moved slightly so he could face me. "We tell everyone we know that we're in love. And then, when I'm better. We make love."

He leaned in to kiss me softly, "And right now, you cuddle with me so we can sleep and I can get better faster."

I smiled, "Sounds like a great plan."