- Text Size +
**AJ's POV**

I was sitting by her bed, another day in this hospital. I heard the door open and turned around to see Kevin.

"Hey J. How is she?"

"The same. She's been in this como for almost a week Kev. What if she-" I couldn't finish. I couldn't bear to think of my life without her.

"She'll wake up man. She will. Have faith."

"Have faith." I said in a pissy tone. "Everyone keeps telling me to have faith. Well, I would if she'd wake up."

I stood up to face Kevin, "Kev, we were together one day. Not even a full 24 hours, and this is what happens?! Why is God punishing me so much? I thought I had already paid my time."

"AJ. God is not punishing you."

"Then why is he trying to take my Meggie away from me?" I sat on the edge of her bed and took her hand, brought it to my face and kissed it.

"J, how long have you been in this room?"

"Since she was brought here. I've left a few times to get a shower. But, other than that..I've stayed here with her. I go down to the gift shop every morning to get her fresh flowers for when she wakes up."

"Have you slept?"

"I've gotten a few hours here and there, but I refuse to sleep until she's alright."

Kevin looked at me.. "And don't say it Kev. If it was Kristen you'd be the same way."

He nodded because he knew I was right.

"So are the rest of the guys here?"

"Yeah, they're all at your mom's house, she's bringing everyone with her today. The wives are here too. Everyone's really worried about her..and you."

"Why me?"

"Alex.. you know why. We're afraid you'll lose yourself."

I nodded. They were right, I had thought about it. "To be honest Kev. That bottle has never sounded so good to me. But, I'm not going to give in. I'm not."

He hugged me. "I've never been so proud of you."

"Me either."

My eyes widened, and I looked over, seeing her eyes looking back at me.

"MEGGIE!"

I rushed back to her and kissed her, avoiding all contact with her arm.

"Are you ok?"

"I think so. What happened?"

"I'll go get the doctor. I'm glad you ok Megs." Kevin said.



***Megans POV***


I asked Alex what had happened, and he began to tell me. As he told me the story. It all came back to me.

"I remember now Alex."

"Why did you do it Meggie? I could have lost you."

Yeah, but if I didn't, I could have lost you."

He looked at me, and I could tell he was angry with me.

"Alex, please don't be mad. I'm fine."

"I'm not mad." He smiled and pushed the hair out of my face. "I was just so scared. I've been so scared for 6 days."

"I'm sorry. But, I'm fine now. And I swear something else had better not go wrong to prevent us being together.'

"It won't. I'll do everything in my power to make sure of it."


The doctor walked in to go over my tests with Alex and me. He told me I'd have to go to rehab 5 days a week for at least two months to get my arm back to normal And I was told that if I experienced any type of sharp pains, to return to the hospital for a checkup. When I agreed to do as I was told, he released me. Under the supervision of Alex. Who, I know was going to take this very seriously.


Alex called my parents and Denise so everyone could meet at my house. When we pulled up, Alex ran to my door, and helped me out. He practically carried me inside. When I sat on the couch, he knelt down and took off my shoes. Then, made sure I was comfortable and went to get me a drink.

My mom sat with me and rubbed my feet.

"I'm so happy you're ok Megan."

I smiled at her, "I know momma. I know."

"So, how are you and Alex?"

"We're perfect. I will marry him one day momma. I will. And I wil have his children."

She smiled at me. "I always knew you two would end up together. I have something for you. I'll be right back."

She ran upstairs and came back down a few minutes later. Alex took her place on the couch, but she didn't seem to mind. She handed me a box, wrapped in pink paper with white hearts. I opened it and saw something familar. When I picked it up, I saw what it was. It was Pookie. Pookie was the teddy bear Alex won for me at the carnival back in like 94. I adored him, until I lost him one summer when I was visiting on tour.

"Momma, where'd you find him?" I asked excitedly."

"I found him in the attic a few days ago. I was looking through some pictures of you and saw him."

I hugged her tight, "Thank you momma! I thought I lost him on tour! Look Alex! It's Pookie!"

I cudded Pookie tight, and leaned over to kiss Alex. "I see baby." He said and kissed me back.

"I love you."

"I love you too Meggie."