- Text Size +
Around 11:30 that night, I heard the door of our room open. It was dark, but I could still see Alex somewhat. He crept over to the bed, so I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I felt him kiss my forehead, before he walked away. I saw the bathroom light come on, and heard the water start. Which gave me an idea.

I got out of bed and silently walked into the bathroom. I could see his body through the clear glass shower door. I opened the door slowly and smiled softly at him. He held out his hand to help me into the shower and pulled me close to kiss me.

"Hey baby."

"Hey..how was tonight? How's Brian?"

"Tonight was fine, I guess. It was kinda quiet backstage, so that tells ya how Brian is."

I nodded and rested my head on his chest, letting the water run down our bodies. "LeighAnne finally fell asleep a few hours ago. We left around 10. Hopefully they'll all get over this. I can't even imagine someone trying to take my child."

"I know. I just wish I would've done something. I mean..he depends on us to keep him safe. And what do we do? Let him walk in the venue alone."

"Alex don't do that. It wasn't your fault. It wasn't any of you guys fault. And you guys did protect him. You had Marc there. That saved his life."

"Yeah.." He said quietly.

I rubbed my hands over his chest, washing the water off of him. "How about we finish up here, and go to bed. You look like you need some sleep."

"That sounds wonderful babe. I'm sorry though."

"For what?"

"For not feeling up to making love. I was looking forward to it all day." He frowned and rinsed my hair.

I turned around tolook at him again, "Alex. Do not be sorry. We have all night tomorrow. We can make it more special."

He leaned down and gently kissed my lips as he reached over to turn the water off. When he opened the shower door, he grabbed a towell and wrapped it around me. After I stepped out, I hel out a towell for him that he wrapped around his waist.

We walked back to our bed and he put on a pai of boxers and got in bed. I smiled at him and walked over to my suitcase for a pair of panties and a tank top. After I was dressed, I laid down next to him and kissed his cheek.

"I think this is the first time I've actually been dressed in bed with you since we've been together." I giggled, trying to lighten the mood.

He chuckled softly, and said "And hopefully it'll be the last time."







The next day, things were a lot better. We were at the venue getting ready for soundcheck. The concert the night before sold out in an hour, so the boys added another show for the same city. LeighAnne and Brian were laughing and Baylee was upbeat and hyper like normal. Alex and I were having a blast playing with Bay. Alex had him in his arms, letting him fly through the air like an airplane. Then, Alex bent down ad whispered in his ear. Next thing I know, they're both on top of me yelling out 'PILE ON MEGAN!'

As I tried to get out, Alex whispered in his ear again, this time they tickled me. After I yelped for help a few times, Baylee ran off giggling. Alex however, stayed. He had me pinned to the floor and wouldn't stop for anything.

"Alex! S-stop! P-p-ple-please!"

"T-t-today junior!" He said, laughing hysterically.

"Get off me! Help! Nick! Help me!"

Nick walked over to us and just laughed. "I'm afraid I can't do that Megs. AJ could take me." Nick said laughing.

After a few more seconds Alex stopped suddenly. He stayed straddled over me though. He pushed the hair out of my face, leaned down, and kissed me. We stayed that way for a little while until we heard a giggle. When Alex sat up, we saw Baylee watching us.

"Uncle AJ? Are you and Aunt Megan gonna be married?"

Alex looked down at me, and smiled. He looked kinda nervous and shocked.

"Uncle AJ!"

He looked back to Baylee and smiled. "I hope so buddy. Someday I hope so."

I felt myself blush as he softly stroked my cheek.

"OK GUYS SOUNDCHECK!" We heard Q yell.

Alex helped me up and led me down to the audience so I could watch with the fans. I sat next to Kat, and we acted like little girls. We noticed some of the dirty looks we got from a few fans. But, most were very sweet to us. At one point, they were taking requests on the last song.

I heard a few girls yell out 'If You Want It To Be Good Girl.' I laughed at that when I saw the look on Alex's face. He hated that song. When they recorded it, he despised every minute. He looked at me and saw me laughing and gave me a warning look. I knew that look, I was gonna have to run when soundcheck was over.

I saw the guys walk to the back of the stage and talk to the band. When they came back to their mics, the music for 'Yes I Will' started. I smiled big, it was my favorite song. When the second verse got close, Alex walked down and took my hand. He led me back on stage and serenaded me.

When the song came to an end, he got down on one knee..