- Text Size +
3 AM and I'm in the shower. I'm too excited to sleep, so I thought I'd get a head start on my day! I heard Kat knock on th ebathroom door as I was rinsing my hair, that I had already shampooed twice.

I peaked out of the shower curtain and saw her creep in, looking at me like I was crazy.

"MEGAN! Why aren't you in bed?"

"I can't sleep!" I said, overly excited.

She laughed at me, shaking her head. "So you're getting a shower?"

I giggled, "Yes! This way, I'll have extra time to make sure I am absolutely perfect today. I'll have more time to shave, and make sure my legs, as well as other parts, are silky smooth!"

"But, it's 3 in the morning!"

"I KNOW!" I said in a mocking tone. The truth was, there was no way I could sleep now. And besides, I would be waking up in 4 hours anyway.

I shut the water off and grabbed a towel. I wrapped it around my body, and pulled the curtain open. I stepped out of the shower, and saw Kat leaning against the door with her eyes closed.

"You can go back to bed Kat. You don't have to be awake with me."

"No no. I said I'd be with you through the entire day. And, it's now your wedding day."

I grinned and jumped up and down with joy, "Oh my God Kat! I'm getting married in 9 hours!"

"I know silly!"

I stopped jumping, and moved into shock."I can't believe it."

"Why not?"

"Because, I'm finally marrying Alex." I looked up and smiled. "Kat, I have to look perfect."

"I know sweetie. Ok, lemme get my little day planner and see what we need to do."

I got dressed in a pair of Alex's sweatpants and a cute little tank top that said Mrs. McLean. I found it years ago and kept it, I couldn't believe I would be able to claim that name soon. A few minutes later, I was in the living room with Kat, who was looking over her planner.

"Ok. We have a nail appointment at 8:15. Then, the hairdresser will meet us at the church at 9:30. After hair, you'll have time to relax and do what you need to get done, until 11:15. That's when Monica's gonna do your makeup...by the way, why is Monica doing your makeup?"

"Because she overheard me say I'd be too excited to do it and offered. I agreed, i mean she's one of the dancer's so she'll be there anyway. And, she always looks so cute."

Kat shook her head. "Ok. So it is..4:34. So let's eat breakfast and then we'll lounge until time for nail appointments."

I nodded my head, "But, nothing too filling, I don't wanna gain weight today! Remember, I have to look perfect for him."

"I think in his eyes, you are perfect."

"Maybe, but tonight, things are gonna be done that shouldn't be discussed."

She looked at me confused, "Like what?"

"You know...sexual favors." I winked.

"Ok no more information needed."

I giggled and followed her into the kitchen where we ate breakfast and talked about the fabulous wedding to come.



After my nail and hair appointments, it was now 11 and we were in a little room of the church, where we could all get dressed. My mom was making me crazy, talking about the baby and how it's about time we got together. Which, was made worse when Denise got there.

After Monica did my makeup, it was about 11:45. Which meant in one hour, I would be married. I was walking by the door, when I heard a faint knock. It was the secret knock Alex and I did when we were kids, so we always knew it was each other. I walked to the door, and cracked it slightly, making sure he couldn't see me.

"Alexander, you know you can't see me yet."

"But, I miss you. I just want a little kiss."

"You'll have your kiss in a little bit. Right now, I'm half naked and about to put on my dress."

"Oooh. Well, if you're not in your dress now, I can see you."

"ALEXANDER JAMES!" Denise yelled.

I giggled, "Now you've made your momma mad mister. First and middle names."

"Hi mommy!"

"Get out of here!" She said shooing him with her hands.

"But-"

"NO! You'll see her in 1 hour."

Alex sighed and acted like he stormed off. I chuckled and walked back to put my dress on.

"Silly boy." Denise said, as she zipped my dress up, "He loves you more than anything."

I turned to look at her, "I know. And I love him, more than he knows."

"I just wanted to tell you, I'm glad it's you. There's been a lot of girls in his life, but none of them could ever and will never compare to you. You're his shining star, Megan."

I could feel my eyes begin to water, as I hugged her."Thank you. And, don't worry, I'll always take care of him."

"I know hunny."

After I was dressed and everyone did their final touches on my hair and makeup, and took theire gabillions of pictures, I was ready. We walked to the foyer, where my dad was waiting to walk me down the aisle.

"Baby girl are you ready?" My dad asked as he held his arm out for me.

"I've been ready since I was 5 and we played house."

"I love you Megan. And, I know Alex will always take care of you."

"I love you Daddy." I said and kissed his cheek.


The doors opened, and I saw Alex standing at the altar in his tux. Along with Brian, Nick, Kevin, and Hoiwe at his side. I looked over at my side and saw Kat, LeighAnne, Kristin, and Leigh. Baylee was standing just behind Alex, he was the ring bearer, and his adorable smile stole the day from us. I looked around the church and saw the flowers everywhere. For a wedding planned in a week, it was certainly a fairytale. We had maybe 30 guests, not including the wedding party. I looked over and even saw Alex's dad sitting in the back of the church. I wasn't sure if Alex knew, so I didn't mention it.

When I got closer, Alex took my breath away, he was crying. But, it was ony enough to tell if you really looked at him. My dad shook his hand and kissed my cheek. Then, took his seat and let the wedding begin.

Alex smiled and took my hands, our eyes never left each other's the entire time. Baylee gave each of us a ring, and the minister began.




"Do you Alexander take Megan to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The minister asked.

He slipped the ring on my finger, and sniffed slightly. "I do." He said, grinning.

"Do you Megan take Alexander to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

I put the ring on his finger, "I do." I looked back up at him, and he wiped a tear away with his thumb.

"...I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride son."

Alex pulled me close, and attacked my lips with force. Not too much, considering it was our wedding and we were in a church. After a minute or so, he broke the kiss and kissed my forehead. Just before we walked back down the aisle, he knelt down and kissed my belly.

As we headed down the aisle as husband and wife, the minister announced us.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. Alexander James McLean."