- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks for all of your reviews!!
"Megan, I'm sure everything will be ok." Nick said, pulling me into a hug.

"What if it's not Nick? What if he doesn't stop? What if..what if he leaves me? And the baby." I sobbed.

"Megs," Nick turned me to look in my eyes, "AJ would never leave you. Or the baby. You know that."

We all walked downstairs, into the living room. I sat down on the couch while Kat and Nick kissed goodbye. Nick smiled at me, waved his hand and left to meet Alex at the studio. And left Kat to keep my mind off everything, which was nearly impossible.




~Nick's POV~


I walked into the studio, and saw AJ curled up on the couch. I could hear faint sobs coming from him, and when I got closer, I saw the empty bottle on the floor.

"J?"

He sat up slowly, wiping his face.

"Hey man."

"What the hell man?"

"Nick..I don't know what I'm doing."

"How long?"

"Almost three week." He answered with a sigh.

"Why? And what have you been doing?"

"Just some pills, and drinking. I'm not doing cocaine again, if that's what you're thinking. The pills, they just make me feel nothing, ya know."

"Why AJ?"

"Because I'm scared to death of having a baby. All I've ever wanted is to have a family with a woman I love, and I have that, but what do I do? I fuck it all up." He put his head in his hands, sitting back down on the couch.

"J," I sat down by him, "Megan loves you more than life itself. To her, you are everything. She's a mess."

He looked at me, "You saw her?"

I nodded, "She called Kat, asked her to come over. Kat asked me to go because of the way she sounded on the phone. When I got there, you called. So I stayed downstairs until we hung up. When I got upstairs, Megs was laying on the floor in the nursery. You did good by the way." I Smiled

"Thanks"

"Anyway, she was in tears, freaking out about how you guys aren't gonna be together, and how she's afraid you'll kill yourself with drugs."

AJ rubbed his face, and started to speak. "Do you think she'll forgive me?"

"I do. But, it may take a while. All she could talk about was.."

"Was what?"

"How she couldn't bare to find you on the floor again. Like the two times you..well, you know."

"Yeah." He whispered. "I know."

"Look, J. I'm here for you. We all are. We always will be. But, you've gotta get help...How much have you took today?"

"A few pills earlier. I started to drink that bottle, but I poured it down he drain after 2 drinks."

"See, you're already getting better."

"No, after I poured it, I took another pill to make up for it."

"Alex." I sighed.

"I know Nick. I've already told Megan. I'm a fuck up. I know that. The sooner everyone comes to terms with it, the better."

"You're not a fuck up. We all make mistakes. I've made the same mistakes you have. Hell, mine may have been worse."

"No Nick. You didn't finally realize the only thing you wanted is your life was right there your entire life. Then, marry her, make a baby with her, and then fuck it to hell once again."

"J. You guys will get through this."

"I''m gonna go. I need to talk to her."

"Good. I'll swing by and pick up Kat, so you guys can be alone."




~Megan's POV~

I was cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast, that was never eaten, when I heard the front door open, then close. I heard Kat and Nick speaking. Then, heard Alex answer Kat's question.

I wasn't ready to talk. I was so hurt, confused, scared, and angry that I just wanted to be left alone. But, of course, that wasn't going to happen.

"Meggie, can we talk?" He asked softly as he entered the room.

I turned to face him. "Oh, now it's Meggie? Are we suddenly all better?" I asked sarcastically.

"No. I know we're not. I know it's gonna take time."

Before I got the chane to answer, his cell rang.

He let out a deep sigh, and looked at me as he answered.

"Hello?...I know...I am...I will...Yes...I've gotta go...Because I'm trying to save my marriage."

He shut his phone and put his hands on my shoulders.

"So you called him?"

I nodded. "I didn't know what else to do. Kevin was the first person that came to mind."

"Did you call my mom?"

I shook my head, "No. I didn't want her to worry."

He took my hand and led me to the couch, sitting down he started to cry.

"Meggie, I'm so sorry. I don't know what I'm doing."

"What exactly are you doing? Are you drinking too?"

He nodded. "I've only been drinking and taking those pills. Not cocaine."

"What pills are they?"

" I don't know. I got em from Chris."

"So you're back with that crowd from 9 years ago? Dammit Alex why?"

"Becuase it hide my pain. It lets me blow off steam."

"You can't go downstairs to your gym and workout to blow off steam? That used to help you feel better."

"I know." He answered quietly.

"Are you gonna stop?"

He didn't answer. He just sat there, saring at the floor.

"Alex! You're not are you?! I can't fucking believe you!"

"Megan, calm down. You're gonna hurt yourself."

"NO! I'm not gonna calm down when you expect me to let you destroy yourself, and us!"

I stood up so I could let my anger out. "You think I'm gonna sit around while you fuck up your life again? I was there last time! And it almost fucking killed me to see you like that! I fucking refuse to do it again!"

"Megan stop!." He tried to grab my arms, but I threw him off me and ran out the door. I didn't care where I was going, but I wasn't about to stay there.

I heard him behind me as I ran down our driveway. "MEGAN STOP! PLEASE!"

I ignored him asI ran into the street. I didn't even see the car coming, until it was too close. When it hit me, it threw me back into our yard. My stomach was in excruciating pain, and I couldn't feel my legs at all, and all I could see was blood, and Alex running to me, screaming.

I saw Nick and Kat, who hadn't left yet, run towards me. When Alex got to me, he dropped to his knees, and cried. He was trying to see where all the blood was coming from. All four of us realized where it was from at the same time.