- Text Size +
~AJ'S POV~

The ride to the hospital was just one big blur. Megan wouldn't even talk to me the enitre time. She was in pain, but was awake and aware. She was bleeding pretty bad, but the paramedics didn't think it was too serious. Right. Not too serious. She's bleeding and pregnant, meaning our baby, not to mention Megan, are in danger, but it's not serious.

I've been sitting in the waiting room for about 25 minutes, and I'm about to go off the handle. Nick and Kat are here with me. Right now, Nick's on the phone with my mom, I couldn't bare to call her after what I've done.

I'm so pissed off at myself, I don't know what to do. I want to be the absolute best person I can for Meggie and our baby. Our baby. Damn I hope the baby is alright.

I dropped down on my knees and started to pray. Tears streaming down my face, my hands turning red from gripping them so hard. I sat back in the seat, slouched down, and put my head in my hands.

"ALEX!"

I looked up and saw my mom running to me. I jumped into her arms and cried on her shoulder until she sat us down. She cupped my face, and looked in my eyes.

"Alex?"

"Mom..I-I'm a horrible person."

"No." She shook her head. "You are a wonderful person. You have a big heart, and want nothing but love. She'll be ok baby."

I shook my head, "Mom...I.."

"What baby?" She asked once my voice railed off.

"Family of Megan McLean?"

I jumped out of my seat and stood at attention when I heard the doctor's voice.

"How is my wife? And the baby?"

"Mr. McLean, please follow me."

I did as he asked, following him into the I.C.U. When we reached the nurse's desk, he pulled out her file.

"Mr. McLean, you're wife is fine. She's in recovery right now. Her left leg is broken, but will heal within a few months, and will only need some basic rehab to be back to normal. She has a few scratches and cuts, but other than that, is fine now."

I nodded, "What about our baby?"

"Well, as of right now, we feel the baby is fine. However, we want to keep her here overnight to make sure. With the amount of blood she lost, this is just a precaution. If the baby makes it through the next 24 hours, which I feel she will, then we have no reason to believe your baby girl will have any complications."

My eyes widened, "Girl? Our baby girl?"

"Yes." He smiled

"Can I see her?"

"You may, but we ask that you wait a few minutes. She's being set up in her private room right now. We assumed you'd prefer a private room, due to your celebrity status."

"Yes. Thank you." I shook his hand.

"No problem."



~Megan's POV~

After the nurses left, and I was alone in my bed, I cried. I was relieved that everything with the baby would be fine. But now, I was in a different pain. My heart hurt. I hadn't heard from Alex yet, which was making me feel worse.

Speaking of Alex. I wish I knew what to do. I love him more than anything in this world, to me he is the world. But, I couldn't stand by and let him destroy himself.

I looked down at me belly, and rubbed it as I spoke to the baby.

"Hey little one. I love you, you know that right? And daddy loves you too. Don't think that because we're fighting, that we don't love you. It's just that daddy is being stubborn right now. When you get a little older and get to know him, you'll know exactly what I mean."

I chuckled a little to myself, and continued.

"Anyway, we love you, and want the best for you. I just don't know what to do with him. He's hurting himself right now." I started to get choked up.

Before I could continue talking, I heard footsteps.

"Hi." He said quietly.

"Hi." I answered. He was walking toward me, but stopped when he got close to the bed. "How long have you been in here?"

"Just a few seconds."

"Oh."

"I had to make sure you were ok. The doctor told me you were, but I had to be sure."

"I'm fine Alex." I sighed.

"Good. And our baby girl?"

"She's fine...girl?"

"Yeah. The doctor told me. He said our baby girl would be fine."

I smiled and looked back down at my belly.

"Baby girl. I can't wait to meet you. But, don't you come out before you're supposed to."

He walked over to the bed and sat on the edge. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

I shrugged. "Do what you want. You will anyway."

He let out a loud sigh. "Meggie-"

"No."

"No what?"

"No to all of it. I don't want to hear it."

"Hear what?"

"Your bullshit Alex. I can't do it."

"Meggie, I'm sorry." He let out a quiet sob.

"Alex. I was there through all of this shit before. I can't do it now. I won't"

I started to tear up, I hated being this way with him, but the only thing that works on him is tough love.

"I know I fucked up. I know I need to change. Again."

"Alex, I'm really tired. I just want to be left alone."

He sat there looking at me. When I met his gaze, I gave a look that let him know I was serious.

"Ok. I'll come back later. Get some rest. I love you." He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

He sat there for a few seconds until he realized I wasn't saying it back this time. By the time he closed the door, I turned my head and sobbed.



~AJ's POV~


By the time I closed the door, I was in tears. I leaned against the wall, and slid down to the floor, putting my hands over my face, I bawled like a little baby.

"What did I do? How could I have done it! How could I be so FUCKING STUPID!?" I stood up, screaming. I was hitting the wall, I saw the blood running down my hand, but didn't care. I couldn't feel anything.

I saw Nick, Kat, and my mom running to me. Nick grabbed me and fought to take me down the hall. When I looked back, Kat and mom were gong into my wife's room.