- Text Size +
Alex carried me into the hospital, screaming for help.

"Someone help please!"

A nurse rushed to him and helped him set me in a wheelchair.

"How far along is she?"

"Only si-six months and a few weeks. Please help her!"

"Sir please, calm down. We'll do everything we can. I'm sure she'll be fine."

She bent down, takng my hand. "Sweetie how far apart are the contracions?"

I squinted my face as another one hit, "About 2 minutes."

I threw my head back in pain, and squeezed Alex's hand. "Baby, wha if something's wrong?" I panicked.

He brushed the hair out of my face, "It won't be baby. I'm gonna call mom and your parents. Then, the guys, and I'll be back in your room with you. I'll only be gone five minutes, I promise.'"

He kissed my cheek, then turned to make his phone calls. As the nurse rolled me down the hall, I started to think of all the ways something could go wrong. What if the baby didn't make it? What if the baby did make it, but had a problem? What would happen if we had another round of drama to deal with?

As they laid me on the bed, I had another contraction so strong, I blacked out for a few seconds. When I came around, Alex was standing over me with a worried look.

"Alex?"

"Shhh. Just rest." He said, rubbing my head.

"What's going on?"

"They're preparing the delivery room for you. And calling in a specialist for pre-mature births."

"Oh God." I whispered, tears sliding down my cheeks. "Alex, I'm so scared. Promise you'll be in there with me."

He took my hand, "I prom-"

A nurse interrupted us before he could finish, "I'm sorry sir, but we can't allow you in the delivery room. These circumstances don't allow us with extra room for another person."

"Alex no!" I shouted and grabbed his arm.

"Baby girl, if they won't let me in, I'll be waiting right outside."

"I love you Alex."

"I love you Meggie." He placed a sweet kiss on my lips, and watched as the rolled me down the hall into the delivery room.



~AJS POV~

Hours passed, and all the friends and family had arrived. I stood in the delivery room, watching the door the doctor would walk through. It had been way too long for them to not come out and talk to me.

"Sweetheart, come sit down."

I turned to look at my mom, she was worried, but then I looked at Meggie's parents. They had so much fear in their eyes I couldn't stand to talk to them.

I leaned against the wall, keeping my eyes focused on where I would see that doctor. And after seemed like 2 more hours of waiting, he appeared.

"Mr. McLean?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"You are now the father of a beautiful baby girl. She's very small, and has to have a tube to help her breathe right now. But, we have every reason to believe that she will be fine within the next 72 hours."

A small smile crept upon my face, but then it faded as I asked, "And Megan?"

He sighed, "Sir, as of right now, she's in serious condition."

"Serious? How serious?" My voice cracked as I asked.

"Well, she lost a lot of blood, and her bod went into shock. Right now she's unconcious." He paused, and looked at the ground. "To be honest sir, I think it would take a miracle for her to come back to us."

At that moment, I broke. My legs gave out, I fell to the floor, and let my sobs out. "Meggie!!" I cried.

I heard mom and Meggies parents rushing to me. "Alex?!" Mom wrapped her arms around me.

"Mom! Meggie! She..she. I can't say it."

The doctor stepped in and explained everything to everyone, then excused himsefl to fill out her paperwork.
Chapter End Notes:
another short chapter..not sure where i want it to go from here though!