- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks for your reviews! heres the next chapter. it's another short one. BUT i promise the next one will be longer!
I opened my eyes slowly, but didn't move. I was scared at first, I didn't know where I was. I could hear beeping, and faint talking to my left. I recognized Alex's voice, as well as Denise's, and my parents. They were talking about the baby. Oh God, the baby. I remember now. I went into labor.

I turned my head slowly and locked eyes with my husband. He seemed shocked, as did Denise, and even mom and dad. Why would they be shocked to see me?

The four of them rushed to me, and surrounded my bed.

"Baby girl!" Alex bent down and kissed my cheek. When he pulled back, I stroked his cheek with my hand, and brushed a tear away.

"Alex?" I whispered.

"Baby, I can't believe it. You're awake."

"Can't believe what?"

"Megan, we didn't think you'd ever wake up." My mother said.

"What do you mean? How long was I asleep?"

Alex sat on my bed, and pushed the nurse call button. "Baby, you've been in a coma for 4 days and the doctor said it would take a miracle for you to come back."

"Oh my god! What about the baby?! Is she ok?!"

"Shhh. Don't overload yourself. Let us get the doctor and see how you're doing. And our baby is fine. You can see her after the doctor."

"Meg, we're going to excuse ourselves and tidy up your house for when you're released. We love you baby." My dad said, as he and mom left.



After the doctor examined me, he informed us that I was perfectly fine and completely out of harms way. I could even go home in the afternoon.

I was getting dressed, and stopped when I heard the door open and heard a soft whimper.

I turned to see Alex holding our daughter.

"My little girl." I said softly.

"Wanna meet your mommy?" He asked her, she held her ams out.

"Did you name her?" I asked as I took her from him.

"No. I wanted to make sure we wanted the same name."

I smiled at him, "Yes. Britney Lynn."

"She's being released today also, so I get two for one." He smiled, and kissed my head. Then, Britney's head.

"She's so beautiful." I gushed.

"Isn't she? She looks just like her mother."

"Except she has your beautiful eyes." I responded.

Britney let out a loud scream, "And she obviously got your lungs too!" I laughed

"No one can have my lungs! I'm one of a kind." He said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

I giggled as I looked at Alex, and fell in love with him all over again.

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you. More than you'll ever know."

He smiled, and kissed my lips. "I love you angel. The doctor said you'd be a miracle. He was right."